d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > What Is A "good"pit Map?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,723.00
May 26 2019 04:21pm
Quote (mki @ 26 May 2019 23:40)
I've tried berserk builds before and they're really bad and not fun to play.

The only thing the character has going for it is find item and I'm incredibly surprised that a completely awful character is faster because of find item.

I'm assuming that the character should also be MF stacked extremely far into diminishing returns.

If it's faster it's faster but I would like to see the numbers to back it up.

Do you have a link to that?

amazing

only thing berzerk barb sucks is for finding bases/runes/etc but nothing comes even close when sets/uniques :rofl:
Gold: 6,523.00
May 26 2019 04:25pm
Quote (darrajuju @ 26 May 2019 17:21)
amazing

only thing berzerk barb sucks is for finding bases/runes/etc but nothing comes even close when sets/uniques :rofl:

I already found it and responded.

I admit, there seems to be an advantage but it's not as big as you're making it out to be.

Also, I have no idea why you would try to exclusively farm unique items when at the end of the day, there are base items that are more difficult to find, like 15ed 3ar 5os berserker axes as an example, or 15/15 45 res sacred targes.

So instead of farming for rare items and getting the rare uniques in the process, you're almost exclusively looking for rare uniques and reducing the odds of finding the truly rare items.

That doesn't really make any sense.

This post was edited by mki on May 26 2019 04:33pm
May 26 2019 04:28pm
Quote (mki @ 27 May 2019 00:25)
I already found it and responded.

I admit, there seems to be an advantage but it's not as big as you're making it out to be.

Also, I have no idea why you would try to exclusively farm unique items when at the end of the day, there are base items that are more difficult to find, like 15ed 3ar 5os berserker axes as an example, or 15/15 45 res sacred targes.

It is

we just need LiiMule to start his barb holygrail wt and he would finish it 2-3x faster than his sorc :rolleyes:
May 26 2019 04:55pm
Quote (darrajuju @ 26 May 2019 17:28)
It is

we just need LiiMule to start his barb holygrail wt and he would finish it 2-3x faster than his sorc :rolleyes:

When I personally evaluated efficiency, I thought about things like base items, runes, charms, jewels, in addition to unique and set items.

This ladder, (I know, blah blah, not the same thing as SP), I've gotten 5 death's fathoms, 8+ crown of ages (I junk the 1os ones so maybe more), and 10+ griffon's eyes, but no Death's Web yet (sadface.) I lost count on Jahs and Bers, probably 20+ Bers and 8 or so Jahs (I had a bad luck streak for a long time.)

I've found zero 15/3 5os berserker axes/phase blades, zero 15/3 eth CVs/warpikes/threshers, zero 15ed 3os dusk shrouds/wyrmhide/scarab husks/archon plates/sacred armors, and zero 45 all res sacred targes or vortex shields (not superior just 45 res.)

With the armors, I've gotten a bunch of base items that were close, but not a single perfect that wasn't 0 or 4os.

Haven't found a 40ed/15ias jewel yet either.

I currently have 4x death's fathoms that I'm probably going to sell to Charsi and I was already giving away crown of ages in item packs for 1fg...

The run I do is basically to fully clear all pit runs in the game and then repeat.

I hope you can at least understand the concept that value or rarity based approaches to evaluating efficiency are a more thoughtful way to go about this, rather than the number of champion/unique monsters killed over time.
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2019 05:01pm
Now you’re branching off into some other shit entirely.
We specifically said set/unique, ofc an aoe build is better for bases/runes etc.
May 26 2019 05:21pm
Quote (mki @ 27 May 2019 00:55)
When I personally evaluated efficiency, I thought about things like base items, runes, charms, jewels, in addition to unique and set items.

This ladder, (I know, blah blah, not the same thing as SP), I've gotten 5 death's fathoms, 8+ crown of ages (I junk the 1os ones so maybe more), and 10+ griffon's eyes, but no Death's Web yet (sadface.) I lost count on Jahs and Bers, probably 20+ Bers and 8 or so Jahs (I had a bad luck streak for a long time.)

I've found zero 15/3 5os berserker axes/phase blades, zero 15/3 eth CVs/warpikes/threshers, zero 15ed 3os dusk shrouds/wyrmhide/scarab husks/archon plates/sacred armors, and zero 45 all res sacred targes or vortex shields (not superior just 45 res.)

With the armors, I've gotten a bunch of base items that were close, but not a single perfect that wasn't 0 or 4os.

I currently have 4x death's fathoms that I'm probably going to sell to Charsi and I was already giving away crown of ages in item packs for 1fg...

The run I do is basically to fully clear all pit runs in the game and then repeat.

I hope you can at least understand the concept that value or rarity based approaches to evaluating efficiency are a more thoughtful way to go about this, rather than the number of champion/unique monsters killed over time.

nice hammerdin with shako bot u got there :thumbsup:
May 26 2019 05:27pm
Quote (darrajuju @ 26 May 2019 18:21)
nice hammerdin

I get what you're saying, but I've found every item before, (the last item on the list was Tyraels which took forever and the roll was basically trash), so it's pretty much just repetition at this point.

But my character is a Meteor/Orb Tals Sorc to be clear. Expensive runewords are not required.

This post was edited by mki on May 26 2019 05:27pm
May 26 2019 05:29pm
internet is fun

Gold: 0.69
May 26 2019 08:15pm
Quote (mki @ 26 May 2019 18:55)

Lol botting
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2019 02:37am
Quote (mki @ May 26 2019 10:55pm)

Lol

20+ ber in one ladder season without bot?

Liar liar pants on fire

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll