d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Thinking Of Buying A New / Used Suv > Need Opinions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 21 2019 11:02am
Not sure what to buy. Been looking at the Ford Escape, Hyundai sante fe, Tucson, rav 4
$30-40k CAD budget
Will be financing over 60 months- willing to put 5-10k down
Trying to keep within a 500-600 monthly budget
Looking for something safe, good on mileage, spacious

Also looking for a good deal. Are there any incentives / bonuses out there for specific models?
Gold: 8,732.50
May 21 2019 11:57am
Hyundai Kona electric imo, especially if you live in B.C. where gas $$$ is rumored to be $2/L in the summer.
i think there's a 5k rebate from our gov for purchasing electric cars, and kona is eligible for it.
it may cost more than a fueled car, but keep in mind you don't have to budget in your monthly gas costs as well.

This post was edited by Secksii on May 21 2019 12:14pm
Gold: 2,385.00
May 21 2019 12:49pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 21 2019 01:57pm)
Hyundai Kona electric imo, especially if you live in B.C. where gas $$$ is rumored to be $2/L in the summer.
i think there's a 5k rebate from our gov for purchasing electric cars, and kona is eligible for it.
it may cost more than a fueled car, but keep in mind you don't have to budget in your monthly gas costs as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lsVDdgLXho

its ugly, small, poorly built and you better love plastic ffs, i wouldnt buy that crap even for 15k

Gold: 2,487.88
May 21 2019 01:55pm
toyota rav4 imo. reliability is gg and resale value is gg. :drool:
May 21 2019 02:04pm
Getting a quote on a Ford Escape / Ford Edge today. Will keep you guys posted
Gold: 8,732.50
May 21 2019 02:11pm
Quote (Subban3gr0 @ 21 May 2019 11:49)
its ugly, small, poorly built and you better love plastic ffs, i wouldnt buy that crap even for 15k

looks are subjective though, for me it looks great and not too over-exaggerated like other EV designs. It's a compact style SUV, so the back seat is small for anyone over 6' tall, however the front seats have no issues with space. Kia Niro would be the better choice if standard suv size is a deal breaker. Also, most electric car interior feels like full of plastic, including teslas 3. Although i think they did pretty well to make it feel less cheap/basic than chevy/nissan did with their EVs.

obviously it's up to the OP, but based on the suv's he listed and if he's looking for great incentive on a NEW car (up to 10k in rebates from gov), and looking for a vehicle just to get to point A to B without having to budget in the typical extra costs from gas, oil change etc. it's worth to look at imo.

Quote (Michael12 @ 21 May 2019 13:04)
Getting a quote on a Ford Escape / Ford Edge today. Will keep you guys posted

nice, they'll probably cut more cost to get you to stay and try to make a deal on the spot, than letting you go to think over it few days & shop around elsewhere. Don't fall for their bluff if they say shit like they can't guarantee the same price if you come in next time.

This post was edited by Secksii on May 21 2019 02:15pm
May 21 2019 02:29pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 21 2019 04:11pm)
looks are subjective though, for me it looks great and not too over-exaggerated like other EV designs. It's a compact style SUV, so the back seat is small for anyone over 6' tall, however the front seats have no issues with space. Kia Niro would be the better choice if standard suv size is a deal breaker. Also, most electric car interior feels like full of plastic, including teslas 3. Although i think they did pretty well to make it feel less cheap/basic than chevy/nissan did with their EVs.

obviously it's up to the OP, but based on the suv's he listed and if he's looking for great incentive on a NEW car (up to 10k in rebates from gov), and looking for a vehicle just to get to point A to B without having to budget in the typical extra costs from gas, oil change etc. it's worth to look at imo.

nice, they'll probably cut more cost to get you to stay and try to make a deal on the spot, than letting you go to think over it few days & shop around elsewhere. Don't fall for their bluff if they say shit like they can't guarantee the same price if you come in next time.

just go try one of those kona lol its feel like a bunch of leftover parts thrown in the same basket and voila theres a car

Kia niro on the other hand is a much more complete ride
May 21 2019 03:27pm
Quote (Secksii @ May 21 2019 04:11pm)

I called in for a quote and he said he would text me back. It’s been 8 hours rofl no quote.
May 21 2019 04:21pm
If you can afford it, kia sorento is a solid option
Also the new volkswagen tiguan is really something

We also have the cant go wrong option of toyota/honda but you better put your hand in your wallet

I strongly advice you stay away from these small compact suv like hrv etc

and i suggest you to go try the most car you can and just go with whatever you prefer, all the big manufacturer sleep together nowaday they all have the same technology

Take a look at the volvo xc40, its one hell of a ride but around 40k
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll