d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Anyone Here Have A 2016-2019 Sti?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2019 12:58pm
If you do are you running an accessport? I was talking with a guy who mods and builds them for a living. But I want to try and confirm the legitimacy of the guys answers.

he says i can do a few power mods before messing with reliability. The stage 1 tune rickens up the a/f ratio. Turbo subarus have problems with detonation because they tuned them from the factory to lean out the a/f ratio while building boost in order to get artound emission testing everywhere. He goes on to say this makes detonation much more likely, and which is why stock cars have so many problems. The stage 1 tune fixes that and makes it "safer".

He also said the accessport allows you to use a variety of stage 1 or 2 tunes and read check engine lights as well as make small adjustments and work around as a all around monitoring device. 2019 came with stronger pistons, but still has the same tuning issue from the factory. He said you could uninstall the accessport if i need to take it in for warranty (this part seems like a grey area to be honest, its like mixed reviews here).

I asked if they can tell on the STI, and he said not to his knowledge and that there were talks of a ecu counter on the WRX's to see how many times its been reset, but hasn't heard anything more about that. Most dealerships expect people to do this to these cars.. but that doesn't mean it's covered.

Can anyone chime in on the legitimacy here? I would like to do a stage 1 map if it actually makes it safer and will prevent fuck ups.
Gold: 1,535.00
May 20 2019 01:28pm
what youre looking for would be a subaru forum

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=subaru+forum
Gold: 166.00
May 20 2019 01:43pm
I've never tuned a Subaru, but yeah, if you lean out, nothing good will happen, if they're doing that from the factory I'd be expecting a recall
Gold: 3,295.00
May 21 2019 01:51am
Yes dealerships will be able to tell, if they go look for it. Dont mention anything, and they wont ask anything. You just bought a 30k car, idk how much a used accessport for your years are, but they use to be 300$. Go buy a accessport, get a protune from a legit shop and dont worry about anything.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll