d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Farming Hell Meph As A Bowa > Players 8 Single Player Hc
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,891.73
May 20 2019 07:54pm
Quote (Otoritakeo @ May 21 2019 02:25pm)
I would re roll a map so that I wouldn’t worry about monsters but thanks for the advice!

Monster spawns are random no matter the map if I recall... ignore this post if I am incorrect.
Gold: 22,612.50
May 20 2019 11:18pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 21 2019 12:54pm)
Monster spawns are random no matter the map if I recall... ignore this post if I am incorrect.

You are incorrect. Depending on your map seed, the monsters have a few different spawn patterns but a good Durance 2 roll will have the WP positioned very close to the Durance 3 entrance with no monster spawn locations on the direct path. An easy to visualise example is if the Waypoint spawned right next to the Durance 3 entrance with a small void gap in the middle. You can teleport across in one click and no monsters can spawn in either tile.
May 21 2019 12:05am
Quote (draftw3dr @ May 21 2019 06:18pm)
You are incorrect. Depending on your map seed, the monsters have a few different spawn patterns but a good Durance 2 roll will have the WP positioned very close to the Durance 3 entrance with no monster spawn locations on the direct path. An easy to visualise example is if the Waypoint spawned right next to the Durance 3 entrance with a small void gap in the middle. You can teleport across in one click and no monsters can spawn in either tile.

So, here we go agan.

I was referring to the Monster Types being random. Your solution to everything is to re-roll the map to position waypoint in proximity to the next level down and also on the assumption that the person has a means to teleport. Yes this is viable, now, would you re-roll your (bad) Mephisto map spawn and give up a three bonfire lower kurast map that you may have been lucky to get?

So, you are 100% certain that monster spawn types DON'T change when exploring the same map spawn?
Gold: 22,612.50
May 21 2019 12:41am
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 21 2019 05:05pm)
So, here we go agan.

I was referring to the Monster Types being random. Your solution to everything is to re-roll the map to position waypoint in proximity to the next level down and also on the assumption that the person has a means to teleport. Yes this is viable, now, would you re-roll your (bad) Mephisto map spawn and give up a three bonfire lower kurast map that you may have been lucky to get?

So, you are 100% certain that monster spawn types DON'T change when exploring the same map spawn?

Of course I would reroll my lower kurast map. If I wanted to farm Meph all of a sudden, that would suggest that I've finished with LK runs for the immediate future so that map has no more utility - although as I suggested earlier, it is better to run Meph first to for Normal/Exceptional Uniques and Sets before doing LK anyway - and at the very least, pick up a Tele Staff.

And no - of course monster spawns change even on the same seed - but that's not what you said in your first post. You said "Monster spawns are random no matter the map" - they are not. There are a set number of different spawns possible on each seeded map, and set spawn locations. Monsters can be randomed within the pool of avaiable monsters/spawn positions in that pool - however, there are also set tiles where monsters cannot spawn which are static. For instance, the Durance 2 Waypoint Tile cannot spawn any monsters. The Durance 3 Entrance tile also cannot spawn monsters. So there is a high degree of regularity to the actual map spawn - it is much more ordered vs. random.

I will also comment on the fact that you are disproportionately exaggerating the probability of rolling a decent map. A double superchest spawn is very common - about 50%. And getting one where the camps line up on an axis within 2-3 teleports of the waypoint is probably about 1 in 5. So it's not too hard to get at all. Similarly, getting a Durance 3 within 5-6 Teles of the waypoint is also about a 1 in 5~ish chance - so it would take you perhaps 3 minutes to find a decent map on average. I gave you a best case scenario to illustrate how map seeding is not random as you described - I'm not saying that everyone should invest time to find a map where you're exactly 1 tele away from Durance 3.
May 21 2019 01:59am
Quote (draftw3dr @ May 21 2019 07:41pm)
And no - of course monster spawns change even on the same seed - but that's not what you said in your first post. You said "Monster spawns are random no matter the map"

After all that, without reading my post, I stated "dolls" in reference to "monster spawn being random"

Thanks for proving me right in my comment with all the other information you provided.
Gold: 65.00
May 23 2019 09:25am
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 20 2019 11:05pm)
So, here we go agan.

where can i find one of these 3 bonfire maps? sounds op.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll