d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars >
Poll > Oil Change > Before Or After
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,182.00
Jun 28 2019 02:12am
It doesn’t matter, if the car is just sitting. change it when you have the time ;)

As for oile change, who the hell use anything else then synthetic oil?!? We are in 2019 not 1800 and in Africa? xD

They most car will run 20000-30000/ 1-2year on an oil change.

Some van’s run even 40000-60000 on the oil.

But it’s different from car to car. Check the service interval.
Gold: 167.80
Jun 28 2019 06:18am
Quote (ZpiX @ Jun 28 2019 03:12am)
It doesn’t matter, if the car is just sitting. change it when you have the time ;)

As for oile change, who the hell use anything else then synthetic oil?!? We are in 2019 not 1800 and in Africa? xD

They most car will run 20000-30000/ 1-2year on an oil change.

Some van’s run even 40000-60000 on the oil.

But it’s different from car to car. Check the service interval.

Not every car out there runs synthetic oil. Some cars you wont want to as conventional oil is better for that engine. Too many factors to consider rather than just saying "who the hell uses anything else".
Jun 28 2019 05:50pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 28 2019 01:18pm)
Not every car out there runs synthetic oil. Some cars you wont want to as conventional oil is better for that engine. Too many factors to consider rather than just saying "who the hell uses anything else".

Name a car after 2000?
Jun 28 2019 05:59pm
Quote (ZpiX @ Jun 28 2019 06:50pm)
Name a car after 2000?

That's a dumb thing to say. Shows how little you know. For one, not every one has newer cars. For two, it depends more then just the make and model. The health of the engine is a big factor. In many cases no matter how old or new the vehicle is, synthetic is a great way to go. But what if you have an oil leak you haven't found? Synethic isn't as thick as conventional so you'll leak it out a lot faster. Which is why any good place will tell you not to keep using synethic until you get your leak fixed. That's what I'm trying to say, it's never as clear cut as many of the members here make it out to be. I see very little people here with enough knowledge they should be giving their opinions. Their advice will end up being more harm then good. But of course everybody who installed an intake filter or read something on Google is now a certified mechanic(not that it really means shit anymore).
Gold: 137.01
Jun 29 2019 06:34am
Quote (ZpiX @ Jun 28 2019 04:50pm)
Name a car after 2000?

RX8 obviously.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2019 08:13pm
Quote (marioo1182 @ May 21 2019 08:31pm)
Aren't u supposed to change oil and filter every 20k with synthetic, and every 5k with conventional?

20,000!?!?!?

going above 4,000miles I get a little worried.

Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 28 2019 06:59pm)
That's a dumb thing to say. Shows how little you know. For one, not every one has newer cars. For two, it depends more then just the make and model. The health of the engine is a big factor. In many cases no matter how old or new the vehicle is, synthetic is a great way to go. But what if you have an oil leak you haven't found? Synethic isn't as thick as conventional so you'll leak it out a lot faster. Which is why any good place will tell you not to keep using synethic until you get your leak fixed. That's what I'm trying to say, it's never as clear cut as many of the members here make it out to be. I see very little people here with enough knowledge they should be giving their opinions. Their advice will end up being more harm then good. But of course everybody who installed an intake filter or read something on Google is now a certified mechanic(not that it really means shit anymore).

I feel like every car knowledge i've heard is mainly tribal knowledge... someone told someone this and that person passes that knowledge to everyone else etc..

ive recently started driving ALOT more almost 100miles a day, does the type of oil I am using make a difference for that high volume driving? I've always used conventional and changed every 3,000

This post was edited by HouseofGuards on Jun 30 2019 08:16pm
Jul 1 2019 03:55am
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 29 2019 12:59am)

What the hell are you taking about?!? :D

The wiscosity is how thin/thick the oil is, do you even know what the differance between mineral and synthetic oil is??

No matter how old your engine is synthetic oil will always be better...

Quote (Touhou @ Jun 29 2019 01:34pm)
RX8 obviously.

Were did you get this info?

The RX8 takes 3,5liter 5w30 synthetic oil. Normal use 20000km/12months. ;)
Jul 1 2019 04:57am
Quote (ZpiX @ Jul 1 2019 04:55am)

The wiscosity is how thin/thick the oil is, do you even know what the differance between mineral and synthetic oil is??

That's why you dont need to be giving advice. You genuinely have no clue. Conventional is genuinely a thicker oil. Synethic is created to flow more freely as its heated. So what does that mean for vehicles with something like a leak? Well that means its going to leak faster. You have a lot of research to do before you should be on here. Something is never always better. Theres always exceptions. Anybody with real automotive experience would understand that.
Gold: 137.01
Jul 1 2019 05:46am
Quote (ZpiX @ Jul 1 2019 02:55am)

Owner's manual clearly states this.

It's a good thing you're not a mechanic for a living. If you are, god damn I feel sorry for those people.

This post was edited by Touhou on Jul 1 2019 05:48am
Jul 1 2019 06:24am
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jul 1 2019 11:57am)
That's why you dont need to be giving advice. You genuinely have no clue. Conventional is genuinely a thicker oil. Synethic is created to flow more freely as its heated. So what does that mean for vehicles with something like a leak? Well that means its going to leak faster. You have a lot of research to do before you should be on here. Something is never always better. Theres always exceptions. Anybody with real automotive experience would understand that.

If it’s a 5w30 it’s a 5w30, that’s why we use that norm, to tell how the oil react in hot/cold states. (And then we have more norms to determen what quality of oil we need)

The synthetic part is aditives that enhance the oil, not just making it thiner, donno why you would think that?

Quote (Touhou @ Jul 1 2019 12:46pm)
Owner's manual clearly states this.

It's a good thing you're not a mechanic for a living. If you are, god damn I feel sorry for those people.

https://i.imgur.com/FW8lHK7.jpg

Damn I didn’t know that, but It’s because of the engine design (seals) If you rebuild it with new seal, i would deffently go with synthetic from there!

We don’t really have any rotory engines here in Denmark, so never worked on one.

The Oil data, was from Elf that supply our oil

http://www.racingbeat.com/mazda/performance/rotary-tech-tips/synthetic-oils.html

This post was edited by ZpiX on Jul 1 2019 06:30am
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll