d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Fixing Up My Suburban
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 47.45
May 20 2019 12:35am
Quote (TaoTeChing @ May 19 2019 11:31pm)
Started getting some backfires and hesitation again when under load at around 1500/2000rpms but was also almost outta gas, threw 20$ in gas and ran her a little longer and saw a spark fly out one of the distributor caps at around 3000rpms in park (main one in the dead center) which could possibly be causing the hesitation problems so I’m going to replace my distributor cap / rotor here soon and bring in w/e that electrical thing is under the distributor cap and they can tell me if it’s functioning properly, kinda sad it’s doing this again but if it’s the cap then I believe what I think is a backfire is just popping and a new distributor cap would fix my problem, gonna run to the store tomorrow and swap it and let you guys know how it goes
/just looked and I have the original stock distributor cap from 1992 still on there the old school black one :lol: definitely causing problems

That would be the rotor button
Gold: 1,535.00
May 20 2019 10:17am
might as well do the coil also

every time i buy a used pre idk, lets say 05 or so car, i always do new cap/rotor/wires/plugs/coil
Gold: 3.00
May 21 2019 06:02pm
Quote (KoJ @ May 20 2019 09:17am)
might as well do the coil also

every time i buy a used pre idk, lets say 05 or so car, i always do new cap/rotor/wires/plugs/coil

Yeah just replaced my entire ignition distributor and ignition coil, came with new cap / rotor / and ICM , was thinking about converting from points to HEI but I didn’t want to leave the PCM cable unplugged so I just returned it for the stock piece I needed. Idle is perfect now, absolutely no hesitation/ black fires / or popping but the wire that goes to my ignition from my battery finally snapped and killed the car when driving, I jimmy rigged it for now but my neighbor pulled me over and told me to quit mobbing though the neighborhood so I think I’m gonna give it a break for a couple days so I don’t piss off my other neighbors too bad trucks running loud and beast like now I just gotta take the stud tires off so I don’t get a ticket cuz I’m on probation for reckless driving and can’t afford to get any moving violation rn, my neighbor had me freaked when he pulled me over xD

This post was edited by TaoTeChing on May 21 2019 06:05pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 4 2019 03:26pm
Make sure you change your oil laddy
Cheers
Gold: 3.00
Jun 4 2019 06:19pm
Quote (SaLizA @ Jun 4 2019 02:26pm)
Make sure you change your oil laddy
Cheers

Just changed like a week or so ago, put some castrol in and a fram filter, also put in an aftermarket stereo from Walmart for 20$ can’t beat that :/ no resistance sounds or nothing, I’m thinking about installing some dash cams next but I want a set that I can take out any time and show a cop if I get pulled over for something like speeding or no seatbelt etc I feel that would make things fairly easy for both parties if I were in a situation like that. Also gonna sand down and spray paint my valve covers soon and might be picture worthy then
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll