d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Black Mirror Season 5
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 16 2019 01:48am
Quote (Meatstick @ May 15 2019 11:08pm)
would rather 3 good episodes than 6 mediocre ones

lets hope so coz they always hit and miss eps but with only 3 eps theres no room for mistakes
Gold: 24,427.49
May 22 2019 01:18am
Depiction on the direction technology is leading civilizations.

I enjoyed all episodes:) The best for me was the Gaming VR episode.
Gold: 2,570.91
May 22 2019 03:44am
Season 4 was easily the weakest of all, but I still enjoyed it.

USS Callister was really cool... a nice homage to the old star trek-ish scifi genre, with an original take on it, and the signature seal of Black Mirror. Perhaps not an episode that would contest the top 5 of the series, but it did feel fresh and somewhat light hearted.
Arkangel had its hits and misses. Cool concept, but the characters were pretty annoying. I think it was an interesting episode, but the events kind of got out of hand.
Crocodile was pretty meh. I liked the setting, and it was an ok thriller overall, but I felt like it was one of the most unmemorable episodes in the entire series.
Hang the DJ was great. Perhaps a poor man's San Junipero, but it was good fun and I really like the ending.
Metalhead is an episode I seem to be the only person that enjoyed it. Yes, it doesn't feel like a Black Mirror episode, and the teddy bear crap was stupid, but I enjoyed the tension built throughout the whole thing. It wasn't as legendary as Shut Up And Dance, but it did keep me on the edge of my seat.
Black Museum was the weakest one of all imo. It just seemed like a failed attempt of recreating White Cristmas. I still had an ok time with it, but it felt really stale.

Bandersnatch was a fun experience, but a pretty dull story overall. As an easter egg episode, it works pretty well.

Hopefully we get something nice from the upcoming season. This is such an interesting, original and thought provoking show, that it really shines when we get something good.
Jun 6 2019 04:36pm
the fk
black mirror creators actually made me appreciate miley cyrus for a minute
how did they pull that off
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 6 2019 08:15pm
Quote (chemoshots @ Jun 6 2019 03:36pm)
the fk
black mirror creators actually made me appreciate miley cyrus for a minute
how did they pull that off

I've heard her episode was by far the worst of any Black Mirror episode, which is saying a lot, because they've had some terrible ones. Still haven't watched these yet, but I plan on binging through them this week.
Gold: 25.20
Jun 7 2019 01:19am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 6 2019 08:15pm)
I've heard her episode was by far the worst of any Black Mirror episode, which is saying a lot, because they've had some terrible ones. Still haven't watched these yet, but I plan on binging through them this week.

Uh I wouldn't say that at all but I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like the whole teen angst / mainstream music / celebrity role model theme

I thought the episode was decent and overall would rate the episodes
3 > 1 > 2

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jun 7 2019 01:33am
Jun 7 2019 04:02am
Some people watch their shows and formulate angry yelps as they watch, looking for crap to rip on.
I simple.
Show entertain, show good.
Jun 7 2019 04:48am
ohh shit thx for reminder

will binge this tonight
Jun 14 2019 04:41pm
Well that was meh...well filmed as always but story wise was shit

This post was edited by -=vasya=- on Jun 14 2019 04:42pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 14 2019 06:02pm
All three were bad, but the last one was the most watchable of them all. At least it was mildly entertaining at points.

I don't know how they fucked this up so bad.... They obviously spent more money on this season, but the writing is just shit and have they forgotten that the ending is what makes these so great? Seems like they've moved away from that hard the last two seasons and they substituted the amazing twilight zone feel, for run of the mill garbage ass predictable plots. Did anyone not see every single aspect of these shows happening when they did? Pretty upsetting.

Quote (chemoshots @ Jun 7 2019 03:02am)
Some people watch their shows and formulate angry yelps as they watch, looking for crap to rip on.
I simple.
Show entertain, show good.

But it's not good? It's fine if you enjoy it, but that doesn't make it a good show. All of us would MUCH rather watch a good show, and this type of logic is just idiotic.

Quote (FroggyG @ Jun 7 2019 12:19am)
Uh I wouldn't say that at all but I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like the whole teen angst / mainstream music / celebrity role model theme

I thought the episode was decent and overall would rate the episodes
3 > 1 > 2

Finally watched them all and I agree with you on 3 > 1 > 2. 1 and 2 were pretty much equal, they were both fucking horrible. 3 at least had some entertainment value, even if it was practically none. Also not sure why/how they were allowed to just steal Reznor's music the entire episode, probably Miley's decision, she's been trying to be seen as more rockish than she actually is for a long time.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 14 2019 06:05pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll