d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Fruits Basket
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,888.89
May 7 2019 10:47pm
Quote (Chuu @ May 8 2019 05:43pm)
im confused what you mean?

Used the wrong wording I suppose.
In real life it is hard to find a teen that is as mature as the main character is portrayed. So seems a bit over the top.
Backstory should have been phrased as "Flashbacks" to her Mothers comments/death and so forth.
Gold: 21.78
May 7 2019 11:00pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 8 May 2019 00:47)
Used the wrong wording I suppose.
In real life it is hard to find a teen that is as mature as the main character is portrayed. So seems a bit over the top.
Backstory should have been phrased as "Flashbacks" to her Mothers comments/death and so forth.

it's true.
but its not impossible, it's something of merit that she is so mature about everything thats happening.
i mean, both her parents died, and her family is treating her like a nuisance. (except for the grandfather) so i just think good for her, when she is so together.
May 8 2019 12:29am
Quote (Chuu @ May 8 2019 06:00pm)
it's true.
but its not impossible, it's something of merit that she is so mature about everything thats happening.
i mean, both her parents died, and her family is treating her like a nuisance. (except for the grandfather) so i just think good for her, when she is so together.

I feel my perception of the show is based on my own personal experiences, upbringing, friends and other family members.

She had a very loving young upbringing with great guidance / advice and also being bought up later on by her grandfather who is very open minded and is influenced in his decisions in a time period where a lot of respect was given and less perversion (well not that it was acknowledged in his time).

Respect for others and owning up to her actions are her qualities showing maturity, on the other hand, her lack of experience of maturity is how she blindly goes about things, like going to live in a tent because she could not ask or even live with one of her friends (how did she manage to get a job then and suddenly she doesn't go to work in the rest of the episodes?).

Anyway, maybe I am being pedantic since I left home @ 12-13 because getting kicked in the head with steel cap boots was more than enough, lived on the streets, dropped out of school and had to grow up, find work, re-educate myself with computers, web design and office work blah... was I mature... yup, a different kind of maturity, did I flash back to advice from my parents... not until I got to like 38 upwards... now... mid 50s and I am still immature at times. Yup, it is only a show, guess that is why I find it decent as a fill in.
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2019 04:28am
It is a great show. I enjoyed it. :lol:
May 11 2019 11:06pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 8 May 2019 02:29)
I feel my perception of the show is based on my own personal experiences, upbringing, friends and other family members.

She had a very loving young upbringing with great guidance / advice and also being bought up later on by her grandfather who is very open minded and is influenced in his decisions in a time period where a lot of respect was given and less perversion (well not that it was acknowledged in his time).

Respect for others and owning up to her actions are her qualities showing maturity, on the other hand, her lack of experience of maturity is how she blindly goes about things, like going to live in a tent because she could not ask or even live with one of her friends (how did she manage to get a job then and suddenly she doesn't go to work in the rest of the episodes?).

Anyway, maybe I am being pedantic since I left home @ 12-13 because getting kicked in the head with steel cap boots was more than enough, lived on the streets, dropped out of school and had to grow up, find work, re-educate myself with computers, web design and office work blah... was I mature... yup, a different kind of maturity, did I flash back to advice from my parents... not until I got to like 38 upwards... now... mid 50s and I am still immature at times. Yup, it is only a show, guess that is why I find it decent as a fill in.

Well that's a lot to reply to.
I guess first off I will say I'm sorry to hear about your past, that sounds rough. Not many people have to go through that. Good thing you made it through to where you are now.

Second off I'd say you're being pedantic seems reasonable cause it strikes close to home with the similar aspects you've experienced.

But again it is a show and a character is nothing more than a character. She can be a bit childish at times with being unwilling to accept help and being stubborn, but it makes you want to protect and help her all the more.

The job thing is an interesting point though.. I havent seen or heard about her working in like 2 or 3 episodes.

*shrugs*
Warn: 10%
May 12 2019 05:46am
Dateline please help!
May 12 2019 07:43pm
Quote (Durantchoke @ May 13 2019 12:46am)
Dateline please help!

Not really sure I can help with that. But hopefully this helps a bit more... I watch on PC.

Fruits Basket (2019) (Dub)
Other name: Fruits Basket: 1st Season; Furuba; Fruits Basket (Zenpen); フルーツバスケット

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Dub, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Date aired: Apr 6, 2019 to ?

Well, found the older version of this show, same story, bit more humor and graphics a bit oldschool (2001)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on May 12 2019 07:54pm
May 12 2019 07:50pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 12 May 2019 21:43)
Not really sure I can help with that. But hopefully this helps a bit more... I watch on PC.

Fruits Basket (2019) (Dub)
Other name: Fruits Basket: 1st Season; Furuba; Fruits Basket (Zenpen); フルーツバスケット

Date aired: Apr 6, 2019 to ?

Oh... I did not see this on the site I go to... so might check if it is the same one (25 episodes)

Fruits Basket (Dub)
Other name: フルーツバスケット; Furuba

Date aired: Jul 5, 2001 to Dec 27, 2001

thats the original version.
its from 2001
May 26 2019 02:06am
this show is so cute
May 26 2019 09:11am
love this anime