d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Tarantula Talk!
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,008.67
Jul 14 2019 08:00am
Quote (Mukhalif @ Jul 14 2019 04:53am)
I gradually sold them through a few hobbyist forums. Not for much - I wasn’t in it for a profit :) Just glad to send them on to a good home. I got in to other inverts too - giant centipedes are awesome! :D As for how I came to sell them, I moved house and ran out of space, plus I was going through a heavy depressive stage and just lost the passion for it.

So how about yourself, did you/do you keep them? :)

Ah okay, what was the furthest that you shipped your spiders? I gotcha.. we all go through some tough times but there are always ups to the downs. I haven't owned any tarantulas myself actually, but I do find them very fascinating and maybe some day I will get the green bottle blue tarantula. I want that to be my first one, might get it at around 1 inch and keep it for a long time until it's an adult.
Gold: 756.00
Jul 14 2019 08:44am
Quote (DeathUponArrival @ Jul 14 2019 03:00pm)
Ah okay, what was the furthest that you shipped your spiders? I gotcha.. we all go through some tough times but there are always ups to the downs. I haven't owned any tarantulas myself actually, but I do find them very fascinating and maybe some day I will get the green bottle blue tarantula. I want that to be my first one, might get it at around 1 inch and keep it for a long time until it's an adult.

It was all within the U.K. - maybe 200 miles or so was farthest. Yes indeed, thankfully on the up now :)

Cool, yeah they are a lovely species, I had a couple for a while. They create quite a lot of webbing and are very colourful! Small spiderlings can be quite fragile so yeah it’s best to get them when they’re grown on a bit. If you want the colours but still want to watch them moult/grow, juvenile is the best stage to get them.

This post was edited by Mukhalif on Jul 14 2019 08:46am
Gold: 10,276.00
Jul 15 2019 05:49am
Quote (DeathUponArrival @ Jul 14 2019 07:14am)
Ah okay, have you heard of the dark den channel on youtube? pretty sure that's what it's called.

I haven't, but I'll take a look for it.
Gold: 302.68
Jul 15 2019 05:54am
Quote (WilliamGFX @ 5 May 2019 00:29)
Never understood fascination with such creatures.

Any creature is sux
They do their part in the narure.
Jul 17 2019 01:29am
Quote (Mukhalif @ Jul 14 2019 07:44am)
It was all within the U.K. - maybe 200 miles or so was farthest. Yes indeed, thankfully on the up now :)

Cool, yeah they are a lovely species, I had a couple for a while. They create quite a lot of webbing and are very colourful! Small spiderlings can be quite fragile so yeah it’s best to get them when they’re grown on a bit. If you want the colours but still want to watch them moult/grow, juvenile is the best stage to get them.

Glad to hear its on the upside :) and ah wow, did you use the damp paper towel bundle the lil spidey technique? and yeah I agree, I've done a lot of research and watching channels like "the dark den" help too
Jul 17 2019 01:36am
Quote (temptme @ Jul 15 2019 04:49am)
I haven't, but I'll take a look for it.

Yeah, should definitely check it out "The Dark Den" on youtube
Jul 17 2019 05:50am
Quote (DeathUponArrival @ Jul 17 2019 08:29am)
Glad to hear its on the upside :) and ah wow, did you use the damp paper towel bundle the lil spidey technique? and yeah I agree, I've done a lot of research and watching channels like "the dark den" help too

Yeah that’s the one. Using lots of folds/layers and a mister. Then another wad as a “lid” once spidey is in there. Tight-fitting lid on the container (can tape it up to be extra safe), with holes for aeration of course! Then it goes in a postage box tightly packed with newspaper and/or bubble wrap. I’ve transported a lot of tarantulas this way and all have arrived safe and sound.

Cool, let us know if you get one, and of course share the pics! :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Mukhalif on Jul 17 2019 05:51am
Jul 21 2019 06:23pm
Quote (Mukhalif @ Jul 17 2019 04:50am)
Yeah that’s the one. Using lots of folds/layers and a mister. Then another wad as a “lid” once spidey is in there. Tight-fitting lid on the container (can tape it up to be extra safe), with holes for aeration of course! Then it goes in a postage box tightly packed with newspaper and/or bubble wrap. I’ve transported a lot of tarantulas this way and all have arrived safe and sound.

Cool, let us know if you get one, and of course share the pics! :thumbsup:

Nice, nice, seen a lot of people do it like that. Glad to hear all of them were delivered safe and sound! I will definitely be posting on here if I get one. Also, I looked at a couple of your HC walkthroughs, didn't even know that was a thing here on JSP lol, never really "discussed" stuff on here I mainly only trade.
Jul 22 2019 04:13am
Quote (DeathUponArrival @ Jul 22 2019 01:23am)
Nice, nice, seen a lot of people do it like that. Glad to hear all of them were delivered safe and sound! I will definitely be posting on here if I get one. Also, I looked at a couple of your HC walkthroughs, didn't even know that was a thing here on JSP lol, never really "discussed" stuff on here I mainly only trade.

Great, nice one :thumbsup:

Aha, yeah I don’t play online much, there’s a good single player community on here :)

Might have to get online if I ever wanna find a Death’s Web :p
Jul 22 2019 11:19am
Quote (Mukhalif @ Jul 22 2019 03:13am)
Great, nice one :thumbsup:

Aha, yeah I don’t play online much, there’s a good single player community on here :)

Might have to get online if I ever wanna find a Death’s Web :p

Death's web is pretty hard to get, very rare in my own experience trying to find it. If you ever want to play around with builds and gear for single player I would suggest Hero Editor, ever heard of it? Because of me looking at the walkthrough stuff after looking at your walkthrough I was able to find the Diablo II 1.00 version game and am going to be playing that in singleplayer and messing around with it :)
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll