d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > I Am Scared > Yy
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 166,090.00
Apr 23 2019 01:19pm
Quote (Trolloaloal33 @ Apr 23 2019 01:57pm)
Regular rares SHOULDN'T be able to compete with something that has such a crazy investment in it, lol. All the people complaining about Synthesis gear being OP are the same people who said Synthesis loot was shit at the starting of the league. Rares are pretty much always worthless a month into the league, that's how it's always been. There's a reason uber strict loot filters exist.

I guess I just don't understand the disconnect here. People buy high ilvl bases for crafting purposes. Shaped ilvl 85+ Void Sceptres are worth an ungodly amount right now and that's something that just drops.

Even if Synth does go core, it'll be a scaled down version. You won't be getting fractured bases every single map, so those pieces of loot will be even more expensive and rare. I wouldn't surprised if they just cut it, though, since they're thinking about ending the league early.

I'm personally having a great time and think this was one of the more enjoyable leagues, though.

Side note: You say loot is a good portion of the fun in an aRPG. What kind of loot did you generally MF in D2? I can tell you right now that they weren't rares.

It is precisely because the loot is worthless that the pvm content in d2 sucks ass, and why practically no one plays it. They let their bots do it for them instead.

At least in d2 there was pvp, and it survives because of it (an nostalgia). Poe cant fall back on anything else, loot and exploding monsters are the only good things in the game. and killing shit gets old eventually.

Look I agree to some extent that a person investing 10000ex crafting some insane perfect rare should be rewarded, but the fact is that rares dropped are 99.99999% trash outside of the first few weeks - and there should be some legit found top tier gear - even if that gear amounts to 10% of the total mirror service worthy stuff. Using my example of boots - look up Foe Pace and tell me you could even find something half as good from mfing even if you played this game nonstop for a year straight. You should have some chance to find something cool, but you dont. I cant remember the last time i found something worth an ex in std, besides an ex itself.

Bottom line there needs to be some balance, right now, whats the point in repeatedly playing maps if its not to find something cool in them?

This post was edited by Furdtarmer on Apr 23 2019 01:27pm
Gold: 87.54
Apr 23 2019 01:55pm
Quote (Furdtarmer @ Apr 23 2019 03:19pm)
It is precisely because the loot is worthless that the pvm content in d2 sucks ass, and why practically no one plays it. They let their bots do it for them instead.

At least in d2 there was pvp, and it survives because of it (an nostalgia). Poe cant fall back on anything else, loot and exploding monsters are the only good things in the game. and killing shit gets old eventually.

Look I agree to some extent that a person investing 10000ex crafting some insane perfect rare should be rewarded, but the fact is that rares dropped are 99.99999% trash outside of the first few weeks - and there should be some legit found top tier gear - even if that gear amounts to 10% of the total mirror service worthy stuff. Using my example of boots - look up Foe Pace and tell me you could even find something half as good from mfing even if you played this game nonstop for a year straight. You should have some chance to find something cool, but you dont. I cant remember the last time i found something worth an ex in std, besides an ex itself.

Bottom line there needs to be some balance, right now, whats the point in repeatedly playing maps if its not to find something cool in them?

Okay, I get it now. Honestly, I don't really disagree, but I guess my issue with people blaming Synthesis is that PoE has (imo) always had this issue. If it's not week 1/2, you should be blocking out almost all rares. I do think that it's still somewhat countered by knowing how to make currency, though, which I know isn't your point. I think it would be pretty dope to find some big ticket items, but I guess you're never really going to find something worth more than like, 10-20ex on the ground (barring mirrors).

I will say, however, that I'm playing for the challenges, not necessarily big ticket drops. I also have shit RNG, so I've always relied on more consistent methods of earning currency, as opposed to hoping for super valuable items dropping for me.
Gold: 95.20
Apr 23 2019 02:45pm
Quote (Trolloaloal33 @ Apr 23 2019 02:55pm)
Okay, I get it now. Honestly, I don't really disagree, but I guess my issue with people blaming Synthesis is that PoE has (imo) always had this issue. If it's not week 1/2, you should be blocking out almost all rares. I do think that it's still somewhat countered by knowing how to make currency, though, which I know isn't your point. I think it would be pretty dope to find some big ticket items, but I guess you're never really going to find something worth more than like, 10-20ex on the ground (barring mirrors).

I will say, however, that I'm playing for the challenges, not necessarily big ticket drops. I also have shit RNG, so I've always relied on more consistent methods of earning currency, as opposed to hoping for super valuable items dropping for me.

I haven’t found a single item worth 10-20 ex since legacy, and I’ve played every league to 100 4-5 times. I do make a shitload from rare jewelries and jewels and high tier uniques though. Mapping alone should net you 20-30 ex a day if you’re grinding levels correctly. I don’t see an issue with these gear.
Gold: 274,973.02
Apr 23 2019 02:52pm
Quote (allience @ 23 Apr 2019 22:45)
Mapping alone should net you 20-30 ex a day if you’re grinding levels correctly.

:unsure:
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 23 2019 02:53pm
Quote (SpAz. @ Apr 23 2019 10:52pm)
:unsure:

im happy if i get 20-30c per day :cry: but then again, when i was playing, i played like 1-2 hours a day :unsure:
Gold: 166,090.00
Apr 23 2019 03:01pm
Quote (allience @ Apr 23 2019 03:45pm)
Mapping alone should net you 20-30 ex a day if you’re grinding levels correctly. I don’t see an issue with these gear.

Does this include investing 20kfg+ in the first/second day of the league to buy good gear and playing the game on stream for 16 hours a day...? Or any flipping/crafting? That number seems hella high for just mfed stuff. Id be interested to know what you do

Back in 2015/2016/2017 when i was actually trying to make fg i was making 10-20kfg a day flipping - didnt realize you could make something similar by actually playing this game.

This post was edited by Furdtarmer on Apr 23 2019 03:02pm
Gold: 95.20
Apr 23 2019 03:04pm
Quote (Furdtarmer @ Apr 23 2019 04:01pm)
Does this include investing 20kfg+ in the first/second day of the league to buy good gear and playing the game on stream for 16 hours a day...? Or any flipping/crafting? That number seems hella high for just mfed stuff. Id be interested to know what you do

Back in tel:tel:2015/2016/201720152015/2016/20172015[/URL]/2016/2017[/URL] when i was actually trying to make fg i was making 10-20kfg a day flipping - didnt realize you could make something similar by actually playing this game.

I actually never invested fg into early league. My strat was getting to maps in 4-5 hours and unloading everything. Get my hh day 2-3 and grinding sextants beyond maps.

Back in breach and before that, I’d sell a few mirrors every league start on standard to get a hh on league, but now it’s so easy to make that early 40 ex to get a hh (vs 100-160).

Edit: I think the only two days where I had 10 hours logged in poe was launch day because I had that weekend off. Otherwise I play 5-6 hours a day (very efficiently) inside of elder t16s and crafting abyss jewels which sells for 1-2ex each almost instantly.

This post was edited by allience on Apr 23 2019 03:10pm
Gold: 144,565.01
Apr 23 2019 03:14pm
B)
Gold: 32,232.23
Apr 24 2019 01:25am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Apr 23 2019 07:34pm)
same :cry: i just wanted to grind a few days and get master rep to make hideouts...but noooo, they removed the multiplier from master seeks help and gracious master was removed altogether :angry: so i would need 2 weeks of playing 8 hours a day to get enough rep for a hideout. fuck no :mad:

dont you gathered a ton of favor since the masters where introduced. i have the digit 2 first and even the second digit dont go lower if i spam buy expensive decorations^^
Quote (SpAz. @ Apr 23 2019 07:40pm)
Accurately describes my feelings atm.

They need to give rares some possible drop only mods or smtn other clever for any rare to be worthwile outside first weeks. I mean maybe 3-4 bases outside rings and amus are worthwile currently and league is just over month old. Not everything has to be worthwile iding (cuz that wud be a bummer in this rate of drop pinatas) but atleast some. I dont want to fully lose the loot aspect in a loot based arpg...

Theres lots of discussion on this on reddit. Were not alone for sure.

The actual "puzzle"/engagement of synthesis/nexus is fine now, btw. But the state that it was rolled out in was utter shit. And it took them almost a month to fine tune it... no bueno.
Nexus will go core and thats OK. The way things are with speed clear not picking up any rares - imo is not.

But then again. Game will always lack endgame in form of PvP to be a 10/10 classic anyways, and that wont ever happen. It is what it is, and it beats any other arpg i know..

NO

:(
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 24 2019 05:20am
Quote (akphilo @ Apr 24 2019 09:25am)
dont you gathered a ton of favor since the masters where introduced. i have the digit 2 first and even the second digit dont go lower if i spam buy expensive decorations^^

well nooo cause i made this acc in delve, my old acc is...ehm unavailable atm :cry:
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll