d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > I Am Scared > Yy
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,232.23
Apr 23 2019 05:53am
just watched slipperycancurssurvivors video and he is fucking right:

they invested heavily in synthesis because of voice lines. this shit might go core ignoring the historically worst plummeting of playerbase.

also when will synthesis end thread
Gold: 24.40
Apr 23 2019 05:56am
oh no, another option thing to run at end game.
Gold: 166,090.00
Apr 23 2019 06:15am
I don’t get why they feel the need to constantly power creep on items that can be found in the wild. IMO a good portion of the fun in an arpg comes from the loot - what cool rare thing can I find purely by chance and maybe augment a little to make it better?

That’s getting totally ruined here. How is any rare boot supposed to compete with a life + ms + onslaught implicit? With the exception of pure currency and a handful of unique items everything that you find is basically worthless a month into the league, and immediately worthless in std. shame
Gold: 691.02
Apr 23 2019 06:44am
Poe has been a shit show ever since they came out with a lootfilter instead of fixing the ridiculous amount of items that fall

This post was edited by Ontarian on Apr 23 2019 06:44am
Gold: 144,565.01
Apr 23 2019 07:54am
Felt it went downhill in performance since 2.2 or something like that, but I dont care, I am still playing and still having fun :)
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 23 2019 09:00am
Quote (akphilo @ Apr 23 2019 01:53pm)
just watched slipperycancurssurvivors video and he is fucking right:

they invested heavily in synthesis because of voice lines. this shit might go core ignoring the historically worst plummeting of playerbase.

also when will synthesis end thread

well i realize a lot of money was invested into this league but...well ehm yeah, it kinda sucks :( lets see if ggg can admit they fucked up and just move on :unsure:
Gold: 47.94
Apr 23 2019 12:30pm
i officially quit the league alrdy. heck, i barely played anyways after i sorta finished my build. came to 95 and im done with it
the biggest reason of it: feeling forced to do stuff kinda sucks if you have limited playtime
likely wont be playing any leagues until 4.0 and see what has changed then
for now its the same tedious grind over and over, see enough of it
seeya on standart
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 23 2019 12:34pm
Quote (trader @ Apr 23 2019 08:30pm)
i officially quit the league alrdy. heck, i barely played anyways after i sorta finished my build. came to 95 and im done with it
the biggest reason of it: feeling forced to do stuff kinda sucks if you have limited playtime
likely wont be playing any leagues until 4.0 and see what has changed then
for now its the same tedious grind over and over, see enough of it
seeya on standart

same :cry: i just wanted to grind a few days and get master rep to make hideouts...but noooo, they removed the multiplier from master seeks help and gracious master was removed altogether :angry: so i would need 2 weeks of playing 8 hours a day to get enough rep for a hideout. fuck no :mad:
Gold: 323,370.63
Apr 23 2019 12:40pm
Quote (Furdtarmer @ 23 Apr 2019 14:15)
I don’t get why they feel the need to constantly power creep on items that can be found in the wild. IMO a good portion of the fun in an arpg comes from the loot - what cool rare thing can I find purely by chance and maybe augment a little to make it better?

That’s getting totally ruined here. How is any rare boot supposed to compete with a life + ms + onslaught implicit? With the exception of pure currency and a handful of unique items everything that you find is basically worthless a month into the league, and immediately worthless in std. shame

Accurately describes my feelings atm.

They need to give rares some possible drop only mods or smtn other clever for any rare to be worthwile outside first weeks. I mean maybe 3-4 bases outside rings and amus are worthwile currently and league is just over month old. Not everything has to be worthwile iding (cuz that wud be a bummer in this rate of drop pinatas) but atleast some. I dont want to fully lose the loot aspect in a loot based arpg...

Theres lots of discussion on this on reddit. Were not alone for sure.

The actual "puzzle"/engagement of synthesis/nexus is fine now, btw. But the state that it was rolled out in was utter shit. And it took them almost a month to fine tune it... no bueno.
Nexus will go core and thats OK. The way things are with speed clear not picking up any rares - imo is not.

But then again. Game will always lack endgame in form of PvP to be a 10/10 classic anyways, and that wont ever happen. It is what it is, and it beats any other arpg i know..

This post was edited by SpAz. on Apr 23 2019 12:46pm
Gold: 87.54
Apr 23 2019 12:57pm
Quote (Furdtarmer @ Apr 23 2019 08:15am)

Regular rares SHOULDN'T be able to compete with something that has such a crazy investment in it, lol. All the people complaining about Synthesis gear being OP are the same people who said Synthesis loot was shit at the starting of the league. Rares are pretty much always worthless a month into the league, that's how it's always been. There's a reason uber strict loot filters exist.

I guess I just don't understand the disconnect here. People buy high ilvl bases for crafting purposes. Shaped ilvl 85+ Void Sceptres are worth an ungodly amount right now and that's something that just drops.

Even if Synth does go core, it'll be a scaled down version. You won't be getting fractured bases every single map, so those pieces of loot will be even more expensive and rare. I wouldn't surprised if they just cut it, though, since they're thinking about ending the league early.

I'm personally having a great time and think this was one of the more enjoyable leagues, though.

Side note: You say loot is a good portion of the fun in an aRPG. What kind of loot did you generally MF in D2? I can tell you right now that they weren't rares.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll