d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Iso Hc Barb Build
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 980.00
Apr 21 2019 11:20pm
Hi, I just recently came back to the game a few weeks ago after not playing in about 8-10 years. A lot has changed. I only play HC and have lvled up a safe first char in my necro. Now I am ready to start something different. I decided I wanted to make a barb to utilize some of those crazy OP runewords. I need some help though. What is the best PvM solo barb guide. I mostly just want to farm and maybe at some point do ubers but not worried about that right now. I want the barb to be able to safely clear everything by itself if alone in the game...so it needs to be able to deal effectively with PIs and such.

1. Is frenzy the best PvM barb build?
2. If so what should be the skill allocation (been way too long for me)
3. Finally, I truly have no idea what to use in current meta. There are just so many amazing runewords what's the best for a frenzy barb? 2 Grief (PB or Zerker ax?) , 1 Grief followed by either a Last wish, BotD, or Death? So many combos with just those 4 rune words I have no idea what is the best. Feel free to suggest merc setups to compliment. Act 1 merc with faith? act 2 merc /w runeword? or even an act 5 merc with one of those crazy runewords.

To me they all look like extremely strong weapons. Also lets assume BIS. I will buy or make whatever is the best.

Thank you for taking the time to read and giving me any advice. It is much appreciated.
Gold: 45.00
Apr 22 2019 01:33am
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79178579&f=87
Nothing in the game has changed in 8-10 years item wise.
WW > Frenzy
Dual PB
Guills
Loh
Hlord
Enigma
Gores
Soe/craft/arach
Raven
Fcr ring/leech

This post was edited by wupa on Apr 22 2019 01:34am
Gold: 5,506.50
Apr 22 2019 05:10am
there are different setups, i have more or less tried it all and im my opinion Dual Grief PB just beats all.

However BotD Death BA is also nice combo for op leech, 2x Death also fine, but Grief x2 just has the best damage :)

Eni will give u a lot of extra life + tele (remember to str bug)
Otherwise Forti is nice if u just like to run it down and u dont want tele.
Guil is best for damage, but if u want safety, arrests for leech + adds is decent, and also CoA is nice with Dungo for a lot of DR.
Rest of gear i agree with what, wupa, said.
Arach if u use eni and want fcr, string for leech, dungo for DR and hp.
If you use Grief u have to use duallech ring 2nd + its always nice with leech no matter what.
a1 merc with faith is nice for extra AR and ias if u use frenzy.
a2 merc with pride for damage, insight for easy boost, if u run 2x hoto switch, reapers toll also good vs bosses, or just botd if u want ur merc to melt mobs and elite mobs.

frenzy, ww are both good, i find frenzy most fun tho. up to ur playstyle.

This post was edited by JohnMogensen on Apr 22 2019 05:14am
Gold: 15,715.00
Apr 22 2019 05:48am
you can have both ww and frenzy

20 ww
20 frenzy
20 xxx mastery
20 orders

1 res
1 item find
1 zerk

rest in taunt or swing

Apr 22 2019 07:02am
i wouldn't recommend going both ww and frenzy. you just need one attack besides berserk. also u will lose out on points into other useful skills such as shout, iron skin or whatever you choose.

Also get some max/ar/life charms or just ar/life.

Frenzy barb:
WARCRIES

1 point into Howl
1 point into Shout
20 points into Battle Orders
1 point into Battle Command
20 points into Taunt

COMBAT MASTERIES

1 point into Iron Skin
1 point into Natural Resistance
1 point into Increased Stamina
1 point into Increased Speed
Rest of points into your base, mastery

COMBAT SKILLS

1 point into Bash
1 point into Stun
1 point into Concentrate
1 point into Berserk
1 point into Leap (this is if u dont use eni)
20 points into Double Swing
1 point into Double Throw
20 points into Frenzy

if u want more ar max mastery, if u dont feel safe, dont max all synergies but give some into shout, iron skin. And ye, follow the guys link, there u find skill tree and builds :) gl.

This post was edited by JohnMogensen on Apr 22 2019 07:03am
Gold: 15,715.00
Apr 22 2019 07:33am
Quote (JohnMogensen @ Apr 22 2019 05:02pm)
i wouldn't recommend going both ww and frenzy. you just need one attack besides berserk. also u will lose out on points into other useful skills such as shout, iron skin or whatever you choose.

you obviously have no clue what you are talking about, if you are suggesting botd, coa, arreat, dungo and increase speed

good luck ww'ing p8 bosses or frenzy'ing while decrepified

you dont need to waste skill points on defensive boosting skills, when you are able to kill fast your weak decrepified enemies
and have ability to holw/ww out/tele out of dangerous packs

pvm barb does not need faith and pride, he need enigma and reapers might merc

forty is overrated
Apr 22 2019 07:36am
Quote (kronosHardcore @ Apr 22 2019 03:33pm)
you obviously have no clue what you are talking about, if you are suggesting botd, coa, arreat, dungo and increase speed

as always a pleasure, Kronos.

This post was edited by JohnMogensen on Apr 22 2019 07:39am
Gold: 980.00
Apr 22 2019 10:44am
Thanks for the info everyone I appreciate it.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll