d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > How To Make Fg From Only Playing Ladder Slasher > Helpful Guide For Beginners
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 55,535.11
Apr 18 2019 08:55pm
I started in jsp only playing ladder slasher and for the most part I have only played this game. (There are a few other mobile games I have played and made roughly 50-100 fg in but most of it is from playing ladder slasher)

Now I have a full good barb set (weapon armor charm) and a mediocre samurai set and 2-3k fg. (I would have more but I also buy items to improve myself). I’m making this guide because I’m tired of hearing all the haters say that you have to spend money first in this game in order to complete it or to make fg in this game. This is false if you are willing to spend the time. If you are looking for a quick fg maker or want to finish the game in one day....this is not the game for you.

Mcclarke made most of this guide in another thread so I am posting it here and adding some more tips. Also if I miss something, and someone else has more advice, please feel free to post. Keep the spam for another thread that isn’t paid for please.

If anyone has questions they can always pm me.

From level 1-5 if you are starting with 0 fg like I did you can use the starter weapon and whatever you find as a start. Eventually you will want to look for weapons and armor with enhanced effect and charms with either strength or dexterity depending on what’s class you start as. (I recommend rogue or barbarian but that discussion is for another thread). From here it’s upgrade your gear as you find them, shrine the junk, and continue until it gets too difficult to kill the monster. Once you reach that point reset your character by clicking on the character, click the reroll button, and then type reroll. This will set your character back to level 1 but you keep all the items that were originally on that character.

What to look for while doing these little runs:
Any tier 1-3 item that is godly (has 8 stats) or better will typically sell for 1 fg.
Any tier 3 weapon or armor (except robes) with 55 ee or better will sell. (Ask for price check to see how much)
Any charm with 13 + strength or dexterity
Any staff/dagger with 13 + intelligence
Any padded robe with 13 + intelligence
Any armor with 13+ strength or dexterity
Any item with 2 or more magic luck
Any item with 2 or more extra equipment slots

Also try to complete the entire map so you can receive a random map at the end. Maps that sell have these stats:
+wells (easy 100-150 fg if you find these)
+evil presences (ep) 5 or more
+treasure chests 5 or more
All other stats are worthless on their own but can increase price if it also has ep or treasure chests. Higher lvl maps are worth more.

Potions sell for about 50-75 fg depending on the stat it provides
Totem sells for about 1000? (I have never found one of these)

As you start to sell stuff you will eventually want to buy:
weapon: tier III with 40+ enhanced effect
armor: tier III with 40+ ee
charm: + 10-15 strength or dexterity depending on your weapon/class
secondary charm: not even worth getting. the side mods will not work, try putting a +50 life charm here, you'll notice max hp doesn't rise.

you can get the charm and weapon for 1 fg each.

to not limit yourself i'm going to suggest changing to a barb for the following reasons:
Better abilities than fighter (as you're more likely to be solo, barb has more flexible abillities whilst fighter is better in a group where the lack of flexibility matters less) specifically knockdown better than bottomsup/topsmash whilst retribution will build up at a similar speed to powerstrike. The third ability should be powerstrike (hitting 1 target is good for your first climb as you are limited to only fighting to mobs at a time till you reach level 71)
Not as limited in gear as a guardian as barbs can use 2 more common weapon types, all armors and all charms. (you can just reroll your guardian which puts all the items on your guardian automatically on a barb or you can make a new character, find a piece of random chainmail/platemail and equip it and then transfer your current to the barbarian)

Given you've taken my advice or decided to go for a fighter this is the search you should do:

Change tier to III in both boxes,
attribute: select enhanced effect (works like enhanced damage on weapons in diablo)
Charm i would recommend searching for strength and the amount of 10 or more. Buy the most you can get for 1 fg.

When you reach level 10, do the same search but with tier V to V instead of III to III, buy an upgrade for all weapon armor and charm. all 3 should be available at 1 fg each.

To clarify what you can get in LS which is worth FG and a rough timescale:
First 30 minutes: (level 1-15)
3-4 map drops, if these have +1 (or more) wells, then thats a few hundred fg, obviously rare otherwise lots of people would be doing lots of level 1-20 runs, which i believe 1 or 2 people actually do.
There's a few other stats on maps which can give value, specifically +x% GP and +6 or more Evil Presences
Tier III items with 6 or more stats, i'd suggest you'd find 1-5 by the time you hit level 15. These should sell for 1 fg each.
If you locate a well, you can sell that also (be sure to press "f" to bring up group whilst standing on the well, then create a group with +100 levels when you find a buyer, making the group in town loses the well). May get 5-10 fg, reasonably common at these levels from my experience. You'll have to use the forums to try and sell it in the ls trade.
Comfreys are a drop which can potentially sell for 1 fg if they have +500 or more life or mana.

30 mins to 2 hours (level 15-25)
Things will be significantly tougher unless you invest 20-50+ fg into gear. but level 25 from buying items at 1 fg should be very doable in 2 hours.
1 map drop (maps take longer to explore now)
Several Tier III or higher items with 6 or more stats should begin to drop.
very small chance of finding a decent item
tier IX items begin to drop . There is a few players who buy IX (level 30) or X (level 35) items which have 2 stats or more for 1 fg. These will drop every now and then when you hit level 23+
"white" items start becoming valuable to sell also (items with no stats with tier VI or higher), VI, VII = 1 fg each, VIII = 2 fg, IX: 3-5 fg, these will probably be your main source of fg gain.

If you reach this far i'll continue with an idea of prices. Specifically the items with no stats are still likely to be your biggest earners. a Tier XIV which can be found at level 53 and higher sells for more than 50 fg and arn't that uncommon.
As an example, this is one i put up for sale for 25 fg, someone purchased then resold it for 41 fg (kinda annoying but whatevs): https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220686499&c=0 and a XIV: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220687186&c=0
When you reach level 71, you can join Ruthless to gain 50 fg when you click master quest. Other guilds may give you other offers also. Ruthless gives the largest simple fg that i've seen recently.

Another helpful advice is good old fashioned buy low/sell high. During the weekends/holidays prices on most items tend to drop while weekdays they tend to be higher prices. Sometimes you can snatch something in the market for dirt cheap and sell it a few days later for more fg to make a profit.

I personally do not recommend fishing/cooking/muting etc because it takes forever to rank up in proficiency to find fish/glyphs/etc that are worth selling.

So that’s all my advice for now (and mcclarke’s). If anyone has more advice to make fg in this game please feel free to do so.

Good luck!
Gold: 74,290.21
Apr 19 2019 12:48am
Congrats on passing the MQ surgery!

I would suggest using some formatting mAte. I bet you have some solid information in here, but a little formatting goes a long way.

Keep up the good work!
Apr 19 2019 05:35am
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Apr 18 2019 10:48pm)
Congrats on passing the MQ surgery!

I would suggest using some formatting mAte. I bet you have some solid information in here, but a little formatting goes a long way.

Keep up the good work!

I don’t know how to format. I’m not computer edumacated :cry:
Gold: 8,892.68
Apr 19 2019 07:31am
Read your guide, decent, has useful tips, as stated before, layout needs a bit of work, but you could just be posting from a mobile device and it takes forever to format.

Just wondering if people would ask some of the following? (I know the answers, just thinking you could have a Q&A section)

Is there a price difference for each core?

If a Godly + Tier I or II item doesn't sell, should I put it back on the Marketplace or remove it and use it as a shrine?

+Well maps look good for fg ... can I hunt maps only from level 1-5 using starting gear and upgrade by just using self found gear instead of buying any? If yes, then can I progress map hunting from level 1-10 upgrading gear? Is this viable to get 100-150 fg faster than selling 1 fg items like Godly +?

Not being picking on your guide, just giving some other tips, also, you may want to add in something about how it is better to use a White Tier III sword vs a 40% ee Tier II sword. Or, when using starter gear, ensure to pick up the first Tier II usable item if no Tier III item drops.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 19 2019 07:32am
Gold: 16,168.48
Apr 19 2019 08:06am
basically you add titles and bold just to make it easier for people skimming through.

First of all i'd male it clear within the first 20 minutes, you will literally earn nothing unless you get lucky on a map drop. I've yet to find a well map and i've completed well over 100 maps. I dont really keep track ;)
Not sure you should be recommending Ruthless, i've mentioned on many occasions that the recruitment policy for slashers for Ruthless is limited (i believe off hand it's around 10 slashers. If we already have 10, you're probably not getting in). Worth asking though.
The main reason i'd choose a barb over fighter is actually better stat distribution. Dex is much less useful than str/vita. The barb starts with an additional 10 of both. The only advantage a fighter has is the better ability power strike, which is what all points go into until about level 30-40, whilst barbs should probably split the points between power strike and retribution. knockdown is decent but limited use against 2 mobs.

I'd rather we weren't teaching newbs about buy low sell high, we've got enough resellers wrecking the market as it is.
I'd also prefer if you just copy and pasted my list for whites, as it's still reasonably accurate:
vl 20 1 fg
lvl 25 ~1-2 fg
lvl 30 3-5 fg
lvl 35 ~5-8 fg
lvl 40 ~10-15 fg
lvl 45 ~ 19 fg
lvl 50 ~ 30 fg
lvl 55 ~ 65 fg

level 55's seem to have increased to 75. Other than that i'd suggest it's accurate.

Selling wells should probably be emphasized more, as the interest in them has significantly increased recently as well as it's about the same as finding 5-10 items and there's a pretty high chance of coming across one by level 20.
to go into detail on selling wells:
Otherwise try the trading, make a topic saying you've found a well suggested price would be 5 fg. https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=273
an example: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80578911&f=273 it is unusual to find 2 especially with a small distance between as i had in that game.
In terms of how to give it away, you will need to go into the map and stand on the well (ideally do NOT complete the map, otherwise the person who buys the well cannot go back to town), then create a group with level requirements of 99 to let anyone in, then when they join, you should leave.

Apr 19 2019 08:25am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 19 2019 05:31am)
Read your guide, decent, has useful tips, as stated before, layout needs a bit of work, but you could just be posting from a mobile device and it takes forever to format.

Just wondering if people would ask some of the following? (I know the answers, just thinking you could have a Q&A section)

Is there a price difference for each core? Yes and no. Hardcore items sometimes sell for higher prices however there are far fewer players on hardcore so your items might stay on the market longer. Also, if your character dies in hardcore, you no longer have access to any items on that character. I personally only play soft core. For hardcore advice I strongly advice you ask someone else, like cheeya

If a Godly + Tier I or II item doesn't sell, should I put it back on the Marketplace or remove it and use it as a shrine? It’s entirely up to you. 1 week might have very few players online and very few deals being made and the next week a glypher might buy your item to glyph.

+Well maps look good for fg ... can I hunt maps only from level 1-5 using starting gear and upgrade by just using self found gear instead of buying any? If yes, then can I progress map hunting from level 1-10 upgrading gear? Is this viable to get 100-150 fg faster than selling 1 fg items like Godly +? Maps with wells can drop at any level however they are super rare to find. You can probably beat the game using only self found items but it would be extremely time consuming and difficult. Much better to buy better gear and kill the monsters faster than to kill them slowly.

Not being picking on your guide, just giving some other tips, also, you may want to add in something about how it is better to use a White Tier III sword vs a 40% ee Tier II sword. Or, when using starter gear, ensure to pick up the first Tier II usable item if no Tier III item drops.

Actually good questions that you should have answered as well for the newer players but I will try to answer as best I can. Also, please note I am doing all this from my phone, so bear with me.
Apr 19 2019 08:46am
Quote (mclarke @ Apr 19 2019 06:06am)
basically you add titles and bold just to make it easier for people skimming through.

First of all i'd male it clear within the first 20 minutes, you will literally earn nothing unless you get lucky on a map drop. I've yet to find a well map and i've completed well over 100 maps. I dont really keep track ;)
Not sure you should be recommending Ruthless, i've mentioned on many occasions that the recruitment policy for slashers for Ruthless is limited (i believe off hand it's around 10 slashers. If we already have 10, you're probably not getting in). Worth asking though.
The main reason i'd choose a barb over fighter is actually better stat distribution. Dex is much less useful than str/vita. The barb starts with an additional 10 of both. The only advantage a fighter has is the better ability power strike, which is what all points go into until about level 30-40, whilst barbs should probably split the points between power strike and retribution. knockdown is decent but limited use against 2 mobs.

I'd rather we weren't teaching newbs about buy low sell high, we've got enough resellers wrecking the market as it is.
I'd also prefer if you just copy and pasted my list for whites, as it's still reasonably accurate:
vl 20 1 fg
lvl 25 ~1-2 fg
lvl 30 3-5 fg
lvl 35 ~5-8 fg
lvl 40 ~10-15 fg
lvl 45 ~ 19 fg
lvl 50 ~ 30 fg
lvl 55 ~ 65 fg

level 55's seem to have increased to 75. Other than that i'd suggest it's accurate.

Selling wells should probably be emphasized more, as the interest in them has significantly increased recently as well as it's about the same as finding 5-10 items and there's a pretty high chance of coming across one by level 20.
to go into detail on selling wells:
Otherwise try the trading, make a topic saying you've found a well suggested price would be 5 fg. https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=273
an example: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80578911&f=273 it is unusual to find 2 especially with a small distance between as i had in that game.
In terms of how to give it away, you will need to go into the map and stand on the well (ideally do NOT complete the map, otherwise the person who buys the well cannot go back to town), then create a group with level requirements of 99 to let anyone in, then when they join, you should leave.

1. Just because you and I are unlucky in finding well maps doesn’t mean others will be as well =)

2. Was not aware about ruthless no longer accepting members. Regardless, once you get to lvl 71, if you want to sell your guild point make a thread and see if any guild is willing to buy it. Sometimes they do and sometimes they do not.

3. I agree with the white items rates and forgot to put that in. Whites are easy to find and a good way to make some fg.

4. The buy low sell high market trick is just common sense. It also comes with risk and/or reward. For example you find a lvl 20 white in market for 1 fg and buy it. Then you try to profit by selling that lvl 20 white for 2 fg. Unfortunately the week goes by and no one buys it. So you keep putting in market and still no one buys it. Finally you decide to put back in market for 1 fg and someone else rebuys it. Now you LOST fg because of the market fee. (If you sell an item for 1 fg you will only receive .98 fg). This gets more expensive when the item price is higher.

5. I disagree with trying to sell wells you find in game. I personally have posted free wells numerous times and had no one come to the game.

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Apr 19 2019 08:48am
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll