d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends > Question > How Did You Find Your Main/ One Trick?
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.55
Apr 17 2019 12:35pm
how did you come about finding you main role or One Trick?

How do you keep one role or champ fun?

very interested in this because im struggling to find a role or champ I completely enjoy and just wanna play non stop.

First of all I know im not great at the game so im still learning the game however a motherfukka wanna to climb but i understand bouncing around roles / champs are a no buneo.

so please lmk

Gold: 5.00
Apr 17 2019 12:57pm
Dunno, once I tried anivia, I felt she was right to me, and that's all, can never get bored of her.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2019 01:31pm
easy to pickup with alot of outplay potential, can 1v9, can 1v1, very versatile build path and gameplay.

just play kaisa top/mid/jungle/ADC
Gold: 22,393.07
Apr 17 2019 02:49pm
It takes a bit.

I generally recommend to play a few meta champs just to get a feel for how they play. Whether u can execute on them is a different story but it's a good starting point.

Tbh alot of champs are decent. Just have to play them correctly.

Mid lane for me has always been veigar lol I just always enjoyed playing it even pre rework.
I also main adc. So the crossover for me was corki.
Playing similar types of champs helps too. As such I play alot of control mages eg ori Anivia. So you end up adopting similar playstyle with just subtle changes based on champ strengths

Something to also consider is what aspects of the game your good at.
EG for mid
Like playing macro?
Tf, taliyah, ryze

Skillshots?
Xerath

Etc.

This post was edited by potentate on Apr 17 2019 02:51pm
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Apr 18 2019 08:23am
First find your play style. For me, after playing a lot of champions I realized I’m not a tank/fighter type of player. I didn’t get enjoyment from running into the fight first.

I’d rather have a bit of range, dodge opponent skill shots, and poke. This then made me realize that I liked to influence fights with CC and utility. So I fell in love with mage champions. Nothing more rewarding then picking someone off with a slow, or hard CC and being the set up for your team to gangbang that one dude then win a 5v4

From there, I decided on my favorite roles. After maining adc first, jungle second, I settled in as a support main and mid secondary. I’m not going to be your thresh or Braum support but rather Zilean, Sona (depending on the comp set sometimes have fun going full AP) Xerath, Nani, Janna, and blitz because pulls and his emotes are fun af.

This post was edited by Greater on Apr 18 2019 08:25am
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Apr 18 2019 09:08am
i mained the heimerdonk, because some kid had turret in bush and powned my ass ones
back in season 4 i did that, rushing a voidstaff back then.

after that, i still mained him, but i builded him sustain tank 666regen per 5

after that, they reworked him, and toook away his regen,
so now he is my second main.

Now i main Teemo,
simular to heimerdonk, you can put things in bush, pown people and tilt people.
he misses some lane dominance compared to heimer, but his kit makes up for it.

now in season9, the item and runes not allow alot of build veriations.
still, support role makes him so match fun to play, you can abuce the passive invisiblity at its fullest 24/7 as support role
you also nn to wurry about waveclear at all, witch free up items and summoners
you can play a minigame within LoL, and ignore all meta goals, and still contribute as a god

now, i like the comments, people make 1000 of times
no life, 2.4m teemo mastery
teemo, pick flash
teemo, you forgot potions

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Apr 18 2019 09:11am
Gold: 9.55
Apr 20 2019 08:44am
At this moment im stuck between wanting to climb and wanting to play and find something i can one trick or main

SO for you pro players here on this forum i have some questions

i been playing this game for a couple years but not seriously until recently tho

1. Is jungle the hardest position in game?

2. Graves worth the one trick? ( i really like playing him but suck at jg)

3. Which assassin is the best to start learning assassins on?

4. is Jayce considered hard? or difficult to learn?

idk some shit im just wondering your opinion on cause i suck at this game

k thanks

its weird cause im super competitive and hate losing but i like playing and getting better at this gay ass game
Gold: 0.69
Apr 20 2019 10:08am
Imo you can grind whenever
I would pick your champs and learn them before trying to climb.

I'm not a fan of the new Graves but it's a preference thing
As a high silver low gold I don't find jayce hard but I probably don't play him to his potential

Play LeBlanc. Her distortions will take getting used to but it's worth if you can 1 shot the ad in the back and come out safe + her passive is gg jukes

This post was edited by Neferpitou on Apr 20 2019 10:10am
Gold: 34,965.09
Apr 21 2019 12:31pm
I started off learning what every champ can do by playing them each at least twice, usually once in coop vs ai and then a normal. You'll notice that even champs that you considered op will have their own challenges, but some of the advantages they will have will just come naturally to you and you will exploit that aspect of the champ well. If you can do that and improve on the other areas of the champ, then you're definitely on a good path to being good at one tricking it. Then along the way you'll fight a bunch of different matchups and know what to do in most situations before it happens and situations to avoid or even champs to just not pick that champ vs.

Even if you're one tricking a champ, it's good to have other options to fall back on, especially when there are certain champs you really don't want to bring that champ vs, or your team needs something to not be a shit composition. Being able to fill used to be an amazing tool for climbing TBH. In season 2 I was mostly one tricking mordekaiser, but I'd go into lobby and say something like morde mid please or fill, other than adc. For jungle I'd usually pick something like amumu or j4, so I had AP/AD tank covered depending on what sort of damage type we'd need more. If I had to go top, morde usually wasn't the best pick for that, but I had a really solid vlad + darius + gp at the very least so if we need ad or ap I could cover it for sure.

I even had a solid game plan for support. 3x gp10 items while a lot of others might only get 1 and I purposely had a page of gp10 yellows + armor quints + armor reds. Nowadays the kind of versatility you want for a support player's picks would be: high damage, tank, or cc/utility that's good at protecting the adc. An example of being flexible is.. I like brand support A LOT. But if the enemy champs are all annoying stuff for him like yasuo/zed/fizz that kill him very easily, might as well pick a tanky cc champ like leona and take exhaust and just hover over your adc later on in the game.

In the past I've done some one tricking as morde/amumu/ryze/karth/j4 and overall it works pretty well, but being flexible and knowing how to play things that might cover your teams needs or cover your own units weaknesses is pretty solid. Ofc some of their newer rework champs don't seem to have that many weaknesses any more so.. if you really like some of the champs that they really did make too op, might as well start with learning how to play those ones well.
Gold: Locked
Apr 21 2019 03:54pm
Imo i pref skilled champ, with high skillcap, hard to master so it's sexier, and more fun, since you can improve.
Behing garen main become repetitive, u cant improve gameplay still same, but as a riven or Draven u can improve and ppl are impressionated of it
So play what you like with nice skillcap to dont get bored
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll