d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Solo Walk-thru Pointers, Single Player > Items To Craft, Mercenary, Etc
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,472.00
Apr 17 2019 09:56am
Hi All,

Is there any sort of guide that gives common tips for those who are doing solo walk-thru's? For example, what you should be looking for, crafting, doing at certain stages of the walk-thru?

I guess you could divide this into 2 categories; physical damages characters & casters.

I don't know squat about crafting, so I could definitely use some general tips there.

When you should stop and do re-runs to find gear, as opposed to when it makes to begin advancing again.

Most people do re-runs on players 3, right?

Is it difficult to install the mod that allows an expanded stash?

Specifically, I am considering doing a melee druid run.

Thanks in advance :)
Gold: 5,450.00
Apr 17 2019 10:31am
Biggest thing would be to read someone’s or a few peoples walks. They can give you a good idea of what you could be looking for.

Biggest things early would be stealth runeword, gamble rares, especially for melee druids, resistance for diablo. Most people do reruns on p8, unless stated otherwise and then they would do either 3 or 5. Some people rerun countess on p1 for increase rune drops. Normal shenk you could rerun for fast xp, or pindle as long as you don’t close portal by getting wp.

Nm Andy you’ll be able to get many of your upgrades, if you go fire claw or whatever she’ll be very easy due to low fire resistance. Your next major stopping point will be nm mephisto. He can drop many goods for you and I recommend rerunning for a long time.

Most important crafts (early) would probably be blood gloves, and blood belt possibly. Gets you the early CB and OW. Just need a specific rune, which you can find on arreats page or I can link you the crafting page specifically if you need, random jewel, perfect ruby and a magical tier item of the type you want/need. For instance, blood belts use only magical: belts, mesh belts, and the elite mithril coil. If you use the mesh belt, it’ll craft and stay mesh and you won’t be able to upgrade it to a mithril coil.

Once you get to hell, Andy is possible to drop useful stuff, but you can always call pits, or push to LK for runes. Once you get to LK you want to get bis gear with runeword such as fort.

Casters are much easier in the sense they are less gear dependent and more level/skill dependent.

As for extended stash, it’s not hard but I’d stray away from it due to toxicity.

Goood luck!
Gold: 11,483.74
Apr 17 2019 10:44am
i assume you're looking for mid to late game help rather than early game?

typically:
-crafting blood rings/amulets or caster rings/amulets
-gamble amulets, rings, circlets
-rerunning on an odd number of players gives you the same drops for slightly less dmg dealing/health on monsters. so p1&2 are same drops, p3&4 are same drops, etc.
i always rerun on p8 b/c i don't find it challenging rerunning on lower player settings
-stop rerunning for gear when you have aquired what you need from the area or boss. if you rerun nm andy as a caster and have found your vipermagi/SoE, pcrown, waterwalks for example, you don't need to rerun her another 30 hours. nm meph is a good place for melee drops. you get most of your gear from these 2 bosses in order to progress through hell.
-just google the mod you're looking for, they are usually easy to download and if you need help you can usually just youtube instructions.

This post was edited by tehtwitchy on Apr 17 2019 10:45am
Gold: 570.69
Apr 17 2019 09:50pm
this site has helped me alot as far as cube recipes runewords and crafts
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/
Gold: 505.00
Apr 18 2019 07:07am
Quote (_Munkey_ @ Apr 17 2019 05:56pm)
Hi All,

Is there any sort of guide that gives common tips for those who are doing solo walk-thru's? For example, what you should be looking for, crafting, doing at certain stages of the walk-thru?

I guess you could divide this into 2 categories; physical damages characters & casters.

I don't know squat about crafting, so I could definitely use some general tips there.

When you should stop and do re-runs to find gear, as opposed to when it makes to begin advancing again.

Most people do re-runs on players 3, right?

Is it difficult to install the mod that allows an expanded stash?

Specifically, I am considering doing a melee druid run.

Thanks in advance :)

I always rerun on players 8 this is mandatory imo. Only weak players change setting for reruns(exception countess).

Reruns depends on build, but if u gonna play a melee druid u will camp andariel nightmare til ribcracker.

Don't forget to qbug andy in SP!

This post was edited by Dorislol on Apr 18 2019 07:08am
Gold: 10,542.77
Apr 18 2019 07:11am
Quote (Dorislol @ Apr 18 2019 02:07pm)
Only weak players change setting for reruns(exception countess).

Not.
Apr 18 2019 07:13am
Quote (-joey- @ Apr 18 2019 03:11pm)
Not.

Nice input
Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2019 07:40am
Id like to get into some WTs. I do have questions tho.

If I leave a game and rejoin - will unique monsters spawn in the same location?
If I add ladder runewords or extended stash etc, will i not be able to play battle.net games?
Apr 18 2019 07:47am
Quote (Curtjohn @ Apr 18 2019 03:40pm)
Id like to get into some WTs. I do have questions tho.

If I leave a game and rejoin - will unique monsters spawn in the same location?
If I add ladder runewords or extended stash etc, will i not be able to play battle.net games?

Unique monsters will spawn in the same location Bishibosh and so on.

u can't play bnet with extended stash, but if u wanna play with extended just fix d2se and u use that for extended stash SP and d2 for bnet/no mods SP.

This post was edited by Dorislol on Apr 18 2019 07:50am
Gold: 3,723.00
Apr 18 2019 08:30am
Wish later on i would have used these at early ^^

Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon
ivl = 50. The polearm will always have the Savage prefix (66-80% Enhanced Damage) and has a chance at getting a suffix as well. The polearm will be one of the following, selected randomly: Bardiche, Battle Scythe, Bill, Halberd, Lochaber Axe, Partizan, Poleaxe, Scythe, Voulge, War Scythe (put another way, any normal polearm or any exceptional polearm other than Bec-de-Corbin and Grim Scythe).

this also can be godtier at early

3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=25 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll