d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Help W/ Python > For Financial Analysis/stocks
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 9 2019 04:58pm
Hey everyone hopefully someone here can help me out! (Will try to keep this short and simple)

First off I know very little about coding/python so please excuse my ignorance haha!

Basically, I have a functioning code written in python language. This code is acting as a stock scanner with the criteria that has been written. It scans over Yahoo Finance as the database using it's historical price data stored to give me a list of stocks that meat the criteria.

I need help in being able to tweak the criteria it searches for. I want to make it more basic. When I try to mess with the parameters, I either a get poor list of results, nothing at all, or errors. I'm hoping this can be a simple fix.

Please let me know if you can help me! I hope I explained in a way that makes sense :) I'm willing to throw some fg your way for your time if we can edit this code! Thank you
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2019 08:12pm
Quote (RatM @ Apr 9 2019 02:58pm)
Hey everyone hopefully someone here can help me out! (Will try to keep this short and simple)

First off I know very little about coding/python so please excuse my ignorance haha!

Basically, I have a functioning code written in python language. This code is acting as a stock scanner with the criteria that has been written. It scans over Yahoo Finance as the database using it's historical price data stored to give me a list of stocks that meat the criteria.

I need help in being able to tweak the criteria it searches for. I want to make it more basic. When I try to mess with the parameters, I either a get poor list of results, nothing at all, or errors. I'm hoping this can be a simple fix.

Please let me know if you can help me! I hope I explained in a way that makes sense :) I'm willing to throw some fg your way for your time if we can edit this code! Thank you

pm me more details about code + fg compensation
Gold: 12,935.00
Apr 11 2019 03:37pm
Is this done with an API or by scraping the yahoo finance website?

I might be able to help, but I need more details to know what the extent of the work will be :)
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll