d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > What Houseplants You Have? > Houseplant Lounge
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 734.10
Jul 1 2019 08:32pm
I have an Alova Vera plant. I apply whats inside of it to my skin for health reasons.
Gold: 10,276.00
Jul 4 2019 11:21am
I have several jades, sansevierias and begonias because I really like them. I also have a good sized aloe, some ivy plants, dieffenbachia, a lithop, some other succulents, a wandering jew and a peace lily. I think that's it. I have two less than I did because the dog ate them :(
Gold: 285.00
Jul 28 2019 07:16am
I have at least 50 house plants. Here is the corner of my living room:

The jade in the corner is ancient at this point. Snakes, hoyas, etc. Rope hoyas are some of my favorite:

The pathos growing into a large jar is pretty cool. There is a small sponge filter in there that is an artifact of a beta having lived with that plant for a very long time....but I don't have as good of luck with bettas as I do other tropical fish.

The pots hanging in the window are hand made by my wife on a pottery wheel and kiln :p Any of the smaller pots are handmade. The large pots in the first pic are bought because she is still raising her skill to that level. I think you need a (75) in pottery and she is at like (60).

The lightbulbs in the clip on lights are high spectrum LED bulbs made for plants...produces lights useless to use that plants gobble up....they are about $15 at Home Deport and last forever.

No matter how many plants I cram into my house I can never get a garden to look as good as the one behind me in this picture:

Wifey and I on top of Natural Bridge, Kentucky, two weeks ago. I love that state.

This is all a major part of my self care.

/e wish the pics weren't sideways lol.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 28 2019 07:19am
Gold: 17,400.00
Jul 28 2019 08:26am
Chinese evergreen
Spiderplant
I believe its called a bell plant
Jade

Jul 28 2019 10:18am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 28 2019 09:16am)

http://i66.tinypic.com/14e6s8g.jpg

The jade in the corner is ancient at this point. Snakes, hoyas, etc. Rope hoyas are some of my favorite:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2u63ckz.jpg

The pathos growing into a large jar is pretty cool. There is a small sponge filter in there that is an artifact of a beta having lived with that plant for a very long time....but I don't have as good of luck with bettas as I do other tropical fish.

The pots hanging in the window are hand made by my wife on a pottery wheel and kiln :p Any of the smaller pots are handmade. The large pots in the first pic are bought because she is still raising her skill to that level. I think you need a (75) in pottery and she is at like (60).

The lightbulbs in the clip on lights are high spectrum LED bulbs made for plants...produces lights useless to use that plants gobble up....they are about $15 at Home Deport and last forever.

No matter how many plants I cram into my house I can never get a garden to look as good as the one behind me in this picture:

http://i63.tinypic.com/w9i68n.jpg

Wifey and I on top of Natural Bridge, Kentucky, two weeks ago. I love that state.

Where did my pics go :(
Gold: 1.69
Jul 29 2019 09:20pm
Quote (Shannon @ 10 May 2019 01:24)
I have loads - I blame my mother. But if I could only have a few, i'd always go for Peace Lilly and Aloe Vera

What about prayerbplants or lucky babmoo? Peace lily is a classic though. I like moneytrees
Gold: 1.69
Jul 29 2019 09:22pm
Quote (Skinned @ 28 Jul 2019 09:16)

http://i66.tinypic.com/14e6s8g.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2u63ckz.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/w9i68n.jpg

in terms of green plants
Dang u have a little bit of everything that I use to sell at my last job

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Jul 29 2019 09:23pm
Gold: 53,637.85
Trader: Trusted
Jul 30 2019 12:24am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Jul 30 2019 03:20pm)
What about prayerbplants or lucky babmoo? Peace lily is a classic though. I like moneytrees

I use to have both - the bamboo I fell out of love with really quickly. Just doesn't fit the theme of my house - sticks out as awkward.

I like the colour of the leaf on the prayer plants :)

Mother-in-law's tongue is another fav - good for cleansing the air and releasing oxygen at night? ..Dunno though, might be an old wives tale :p
Jul 31 2019 04:48am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Jul 29 2019 11:22pm)
in terms of green plants
Dang u have a little bit of everything that I use to sell at my last job

Got a heart hoya and a whale tail plant yesterday. Both rare AF.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll