d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Joker (2019) Trailer
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 6 2019 08:01am
I just rewatched the trailer like 3 times in a row.... but Im sorry, this looks awesome. I really hate that I have to wait until October to see this.

Found this fun video that talks about the movie a bit:

Some highlighted points:

5:30 - Joaquin was considered to play Dr. Strange, but he passed on the film because was worried that a blockbuster film by a huge studio would restrict him as an actor
6:23 - Joaquin is quoted as saying this isnt classified as any genre, its not a super hero movie and its not a studio movie
8:23 - Joaquin is quoted saying that it wont be your typical super hero adrenaline spiking cgi filled action film that marvel and dc fans are accustomed to, instead is a 'low budget character study'
9:12 - they talk about how this movie is more losely based off, than anything, the Killing Joke. Not a direct adaptation, but taking core elements from it as inspiration

Knowing some of those things makes me even MORE excited for this
Gold: 0.00
Apr 6 2019 09:08am
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 6 2019 09:01am)
I just rewatched the trailer like 3 times in a row.... but Im sorry, this looks awesome. I really hate that I have to wait until October to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zI6guqVqiI

Some highlighted points:

5:30 - Joaquin was considered to play Dr. Strange, but he passed on the film because was worried that a blockbuster film by a huge studio would restrict him as an actor
6:23 - Joaquin is quoted as saying this isnt classified as any genre, its not a super hero movie and its not a studio movie
8:23 - Joaquin is quoted saying that it wont be your typical super hero adrenaline spiking cgi filled action film that marvel and dc fans are accustomed to, instead is a 'low budget character study'
9:12 - they talk about how this movie is more losely based off, than anything, the Killing Joke. Not a direct adaptation, but taking core elements from it as inspiration

@Bold:

Gold: 123.00
Apr 6 2019 11:12pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 6 2019 09:01am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zI6guqVqiI

Some highlighted points:

To be honest, I think he really started to shine in the spotlight with credits after the gladiator with russell crowe, but he has always been better than whatever credit he has been due.
Apr 6 2019 11:59pm
Quote (Hobo_In_Jeans @ Apr 7 2019 12:12am)
To be honest, I think he really started to shine in the spotlight with credits after the gladiator with russell crowe, but he hJoas always been better than whatever credit he has been due.

Joaqin has been shining his entire career.. hes a god tier actor
Apr 7 2019 01:50am
@ 1:45 ... thats him interacting with a young Bruce Wayne

god I lover the idea of this movie more and more I watch it and know about it
Gold: 6,000.00
Apr 8 2019 08:06pm
Quote (Haj @ Apr 3 2019 09:12am)
I think its a new trailer - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/?ref_=nv_sr_1

what do u guys think??

imo they are just trying to milk the cow.. a joker movie without batman in it?? made by todd philips?? hmmm

looks kinda bad tbh.. im sad to see this is the route they are taking after suicide squad, would rather see more jared leto and margot robbie.. but i guess suicide squad dident live up to the hype, too bad they messed it up like crazy colors and lame jokes, also heard they cut alot of the joker sceens..

this film has mad potential and with Joaquin and his superb acting I wouldn't discount this unless you enjoy only action and cgi.... if thats the case im sure expendables 5 is around the corner.....
Apr 9 2019 07:36am
Quote (672 @ Apr 9 2019 04:06am)
this film has mad potential and with Joaquin and his superb acting I wouldn't discount this unless you enjoy only action and cgi.... if thats the case im sure expendables 5 is around the corner.....

Expendables was dope af imo.. too bad if u rather watch a sad clown act.. i would much rather see a new expendables indeed

not a big cgi fan, i dont even like marvel movies.. i like how they did it in dark knight and i love david ayer movies, but suicide squad was messed up by the studio i believe, and i still think jared leto was a fresh take on the joker, but this new joker just looks weird af..

anyway i said what i wanna say.. i know u guys dont agree so not gonna bother.. enjoy it guys
Apr 16 2019 10:19pm
I truly believe this is an oscar worthy movie.

I think Joaquin wins an oscar for this, finally gets one
Warn: 30%
Apr 17 2019 02:07pm
Garbage
Warn: 10%
Apr 17 2019 07:10pm
Quote (KamikazeShady @ Apr 17 2019 02:07pm)
Garbage

I agree, looks corny. More Hollywood Liberals making movies and ruining old popular franchises/characters.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll