d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > I Am Rogue One > Starter Guide
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,145.28
Trader: Trusted
Apr 1 2019 01:07pm
Hey I am Rogue!

I am one of the 5 Starter Classes in Ladder Slasher. I have a special feature which is only in my possession - I can detect Trap doors and do not instantly fall in them.
Keep that in mind if you like to explore the maze and do not want to lose a maze by a Trapdoor.

Stat Section

These are my starting Stat Points
Check the Game Basics

Strength 30
Dexterity 60
Intelligence 25
Vitality 35

They give me a Pool of 70 Life and 50 Mana. Furthermore you are free to use my 10 Starting Stat Points on your first Climb.

A point into Vitalityincreases my physical defense for armor. Furthermore every 25 Stats into Vitality I will gain +1 to Life Regen.
Every Level Up I will gain an amount of life equal to my base vitality.

A point into Intelligenceincreases magical defense for armor and base effect for charms inasmuch as every 25 stat points I have in intelligence,
I gain +1 Mana Regen. Every Level Up I will gain an amount of mana equal to my base intelligence.

A point into Strengthincreases the base damage and critical hit chance for my melee weapons by the ratio for that particular weapon.

A Point into Dexterityincreases the base damage and critical hit chance for my melee weapons by the ratio for that particular weapon.

So I can just put Stat Points into Strength and Dexterity to incrase my Damage? No I can't - the Items have rations as stated above - I will tell you more in the Gear Section.

Item Section

Weapons and Rations (Str vs. Dex)
Check the Weapon Page

Sword:75 Str | 25 Dex - Swords have a high Damage range - you want to increase the damage by adding points into Strength.
Tier 3 Damage 3 - 30
1 Attack per Second

Club: 90 Str | 10 Dex - Clubs do have better minimum Damage with a high Damage range - you want to increase the damage by adding points into Strength.
Tier 3 Damage 6 - 27
1 Attack per Second

Axe:50 Str | 50 Dex - Axes have a tied ratio - you can use both stats and you will receive the same increased damage.
Tier 3 Damage 15 - 18
1 Attack per Second

Dagger: 10 Str | 90 Dex - Daggers have a medium Damage range - Points to Dex will grant higher Crits and Damage.
Tier 3 Damage 12 - 21
1 Attack per Second

Staff: 20 Str | 75 Dex - Staffs do have a big range with a slightly better base Damange than a Club. Points into dex will increase your Damage.
Tier 3 Damage 9 - 24
1 Attack per Second

Longsword: 75 Str | 25 Dex - Longsword have a high Damage range - you want to increase the damage by adding points into Strength.
Tier 3 Damage 6 - 30
1 Attack per 1.8 Seconds

Warhammer: 90 Str | 10 Dex - Warhammers do have better minimum Damage with a high Damage range - you want to increase the damage by adding points into Strength.
Tier 3 Damage 12 - 54
1 Attack per 1.8 Seconds

Battle Axe: 50 Str | 50 Dex - Battleaxes have a tied ratio - you can use both stats and you will receive the same increased damage.
Tier 3 Damage 30 - 36
1 Attack per 1.8 Seconds

Spear: 10 Str | 90 Dex - Spears do have a big range with a slightly better base Damange than a Club. Points into dex will increase your Damage.
Tier 3 Damage 24 - 42
1 Attack per 1.8 Seconds

Polearm: 25 Str | 75 Dex - Polearms do have a big range with a slightly better base Damange than a Club. Points into dex will increase your Damage.
Tier 3 Damage 18 - 48
1 Attack per 1.8 Seconds

Those are the Weapons I am able to use:
Swords, Clubs, Axes, Daggers, Staffs, Spears

Hint 1: Do not mix Str or Dex items unless you want to go for Axes. Choose either one - Strength or Dexterity.
Hint 2: Clubs are the most budget items for me. You can pair me with Swords.
Hint 3: Swords can be used by the next two classes and can be paired with Strength.
Hint 4: You want to have Enhanced Effect on your Weapon and you want to Start with a Tier III Weapon. You do not want to use Tier I and II.

Possible Gear Combinations while having the next classes in mind.

Swords: Can be used on Fighter, Barb, Samurai and Paladin - when passing to Monk you are able to choose between Daggers or Staffs back to Swords on Ninja.
Daggers: Can be used on Rogue and Samurai - you will either need Axes or Swords on Paladin, but you will be able to use Daggers on Monk and Ninja.
Clubs: Can be used on Fighter, Barb, Rogue and Guardian - this is the budget version but you will need to go for Daggers on Samurai

Common Combinations of Gear:
Swords + Str and Staffs and Dex Gear
Daggers + Axes combined with Dex Gear (most expensive combination)
Clubs + Str and Daggers with Dex

Armor Section
Armor Overview

Robe: High Magical Res - almost no Phsysical Defense - even with Stat Points into Vitality you will not gain much phsyical defense.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 0 - 3
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 6 - 18

Padded Robe:Better Physical Defense but still not as much as you would like.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 0 - 6
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 6 - 15

Leather Armor: A good combination of physical and magical defense - by adding Vitality you can even both out.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 3 - 9
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 3 - 12

Scale Armor: Tankers best Friend - a great combination of physical and magical defense
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 3 - 12
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 3 - 9

Chain Mail: Good physical defense - getting a little worse on magical defense.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 6 - 15
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 0 - 6

Plate Mail: High physical defense - nearly no magical defense, still better than a robe.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 6 - 18
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 0 - 3

Why is a Plate Mail better than a robe? They have switched Stats - we argue that there is 60 % Melee and 40 % Caster Monsters.

Those are the Armors I am able to use:
Armor: Robe, Padded Robe, Leather Armor and Scale Armor

Depending on your playstyle you want the following combination
Group Player: Stat Robes because they can be used on any character. Which stat you want to look for is determined by the weapon you are using.
Fresh Group Player with begginner weapons: You want to aim for Enhanced Effect Leathers or Scales to Tank
Solo Player (Starter): Enhanced Effect Leathers or Scales
Solo Player (Advanced): Stat Armors with Heal Charms.

Any Player: You want to have a set of Stat Robes and Enhanced Effect Armors.

Can I use Stat Medium Armors? Sure! They are cheaper than robes.

Charms (Attack)
Charm Overview

Ice: Most consistant damage - most expensive (1 Immunes)
Tier 3 Damage: 15 - 18

Earth: Consistant Damage - higher maximum damage than Ice (1 Immune)
Tier 3 Damage: 12 - 21

Fire:High Range of Damage (2 Immunes)
Tier 3 Damage: 9 - 24

Wind:High Range of Damage (1 Immune)
Tier 3 Damage: 6 - 27

Light:Highest Range of Damage (1 Immune)
Tier 3 Damage: 3 - 30

Charms (Heal)

Wild Heal: High Healing Range - can be you death.
Tier 3 Heal: 3 - 30

Regular Heal:Medium Healing Range a good choice
Tier 3 Heal: 9 - 24

Focused heal:Most consistant source of healing - most expensive.
Tier 3 Heal: 15 - 18

Those are the Charms I am able to use:
Any. What should I aim for?
You want to have a matching Stat charm in your main charm slot (depending on your weapon). Do I use the 2nd (Acc slot) too? Yes you can. Only Enhanced Effect will work in the Acc Slot
so a Heal Charm of your choice is the best item to put in there.

Hint: You can only use Heal Charms on the Guardian and Lights & Wilds on Headhunter.

Stat | Ability Allocation vs. Playstyles

Group (Dmg)

Everything in your Main Stat (depending on your Weapon) - if you go to Level 101 add Vitality till 75 - 80 Stats.
Abilites: Backstab (72) Knockdown (48) Bottomsup (Rest)

Group (Tank)

80 - 100 to Vitality depending on your Level 55 Enhanced Effect Armor. Rest into your Main Stat.
Abilites: Backstab (72) Knockdown (48) Bottomsup (Rest)

Solo (Heal Charm recommended)

70 - 100 Vitality depending on your Level 55 Enhanced Effect Armor. 35 - 45 Intelligence. Rest into your Main Stat.
Abilities: Backstab (58) Powerstrike (40) Salvation (Rest)

Playstyle while Climbing:
Group: Get as much Actions as possible - do not go AFK - if you are the Tank keep focused and don't fall back to back row.

Solo: Finish Maze Quest as often until Level 7. Try to find Bits and Pieces from Level 7 - 10 (open a new maze at level 7). From Level 10 you want to find Hack the Horde as fast as possible.
After Hack the Horde you immediately remake your Maze and look for Treasure Pest and afterwards Sneaky.

This post was edited by JanMcCrank on Apr 1 2019 01:27pm
Gold: 2,210.00
Apr 1 2019 02:18pm
Well written. Very nice for new players, thanks :)
Gold: 254,315.00
Apr 2 2019 11:40am
Very well written and well explained :)
Gold: 23.87
Apr 2 2019 02:49pm
New melee players are not going to kill sneaky though
Gold: 6,273.84
Apr 2 2019 05:07pm
Well written, like that you included the reasons behind certain gear choices. This should def help out some of the people who are or may be asking what character to start with and what items they should look for.
Gold: 6,798.87
Apr 2 2019 05:14pm
Jan, nice job! :hail:

New LS players--read this guide!! :thumbsup:
Gold: 55,531.41
Apr 2 2019 05:55pm
Nice guide....I personally would NOT recommend using strength needed weapons/armor since he is designed more towards dexterity.

Edit: I might consider trying out a strength rogue with clubs just to see if there is a siginificanf difference between his life/attack damage in comparison to my current barbarian

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Apr 2 2019 05:57pm
Gold: 10,223.99
Apr 2 2019 06:18pm
very nice guide :thumbsup:
Gold: 1,470.74
Apr 2 2019 09:03pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

tl;dr
Gold: 4,648.74
Warn: 20%
Apr 2 2019 09:04pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (PowerTripped @ 2 Apr 2019 20:03)
tl;dr

Pretty much
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll