d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > I Didn't Choose The Fat Life > The Fat Life Choose Me
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 40%
Mar 29 2019 04:02pm
Fuck it. I chose it.

I'm sick of doing cardio, I'm sick of eating grilled chicken, white fish, veggies. I want to spend $25 for dinner in tacobell 3x a week and eat an entire fucking pizza for lunch.

NO BODY LOOKS AS GOOD AS FOOD TASTES /endrage
Retired Moderator
Gold: 9,000.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2019 08:50pm
That would change if your body was fat adapted :)
Gold: 10,278.69
Mar 30 2019 05:18pm
Quote (OverDoSex @ 30 Mar 2019 03:50)
That would change if your body was fat adapted :)

what would change
Gold: 0.00
Mar 30 2019 06:39pm
then just lift heavy and work out a lot so your not just a fat piece of shit. youll be a bulky looking strong mother fucker.
Retired Moderator
Mar 30 2019 07:33pm
Quote (Sunline @ Mar 30 2019 06:18pm)
what would change

The body would be using fat as energy rather than carbs or sugar, both of which increase insulin. Insulin causes fat consumed while using carbs/sugar to be stored (the body prefers carbs and sugar over fat). Remove carbs and sugar, reduce your insulin, and lose weight. If you work out on top of that, it'll get 10-15% faster. The body uses insulin to regulate the blood sugar, but what people don't understand is that insulin is a hormone that also causes weight gain (it prioritizes storing fat over using it when sugar/carbs are present).

You would also be healing some auto-immune ailments as well as other issues, not just the ones caused by high insulin and insulin resistance. Insulin resistance comes from an over-abundance of sugar and carbs in the diet (constantly producing insulin). Insulin resistance or an overabundance of insulin can make your body sensitive to sodium (hence why it causes high blood pressure). If you remove the insulin, you remove a ton of other issues that stem from it. Blood pressure will go down, blood sugar will regulate, fat will burn, acid reflux will improve, hunger will fade, sleep will improve, mood will improve, energy will be consistent.

All of this being said, being fat adapted would mean that fat is now your primary energy source, so any kind of naturally occurring fat will do perfectly. Stay away from polyunsaturated and monounsaturated, and any kind of vegetable oil (canola/soybean/flaxseed/sunflower). Basically any oil that doesn't seem natural. Avacado and olive are about the only ones that are natural. Animal fats are usually the primary source.

If you are extremely unhealthy and you try this lifestyle change, allow your body time to heal before you see weightloss. The body naturally wants to heal everything to optimal performance, so if you don't see weight loss at first... give yourself time to recover from insulin overdose (habitual fast food/junk food eaters who are 300 - 350+ lbs.). You will lose water weight in the first week or two, and it will be steady from then on as long as you do well in avoiding the culprits (sugar/carbs). Make sure you get some potassium (nosalt / nusalt) and sea salt/himalayan and you'll be golden.

This post was edited by OverDoSex on Mar 30 2019 07:49pm
Gold: 1,000.42
Warn: 50%
Mar 31 2019 12:34am
Another thing worked for me is eating most calories in a 6-7 hours period , then going 15 hours without eating, then having a greens, protein, flax seed, and banana smoothie in the 2-3 hours before the 6-7 hour window starts again. Dont know why it works but I got very quickly at a point where i wasn't really getting hungry. Many says i barely even need the smoothie, but i drink it anyway for the protein and all the vitamins

This post was edited by hoipolloi on Mar 31 2019 12:39am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 31 2019 03:55pm
You gotta find something to do that distracts you from eating
Gold: 10,278.69
Mar 31 2019 04:16pm
Quote (OverDoSex @ 31 Mar 2019 02:33)
The body would be using fat as energy rather than carbs or sugar, both of which increase insulin. Insulin causes fat consumed while using carbs/sugar to be stored (the body prefers carbs and sugar over fat). Remove carbs and sugar, reduce your insulin, and lose weight. If you work out on top of that, it'll get 10-15% faster. The body uses insulin to regulate the blood sugar, but what people don't understand is that insulin is a hormone that also causes weight gain (it prioritizes storing fat over using it when sugar/carbs are present).

You would also be healing some auto-immune ailments as well as other issues, not just the ones caused by high insulin and insulin resistance. Insulin resistance comes from an over-abundance of sugar and carbs in the diet (constantly producing insulin). Insulin resistance or an overabundance of insulin can make your body sensitive to sodium (hence why it causes high blood pressure). If you remove the insulin, you remove a ton of other issues that stem from it. Blood pressure will go down, blood sugar will regulate, fat will burn, acid reflux will improve, hunger will fade, sleep will improve, mood will improve, energy will be consistent.

All of this being said, being fat adapted would mean that fat is now your primary energy source, so any kind of naturally occurring fat will do perfectly. Stay away from polyunsaturated and monounsaturated, and any kind of vegetable oil (canola/soybean/flaxseed/sunflower). Basically any oil that doesn't seem natural. Avacado and olive are about the only ones that are natural. Animal fats are usually the primary source.

If you are extremely unhealthy and you try this lifestyle change, allow your body time to heal before you see weightloss. The body naturally wants to heal everything to optimal performance, so if you don't see weight loss at first... give yourself time to recover from insulin overdose (habitual fast food/junk food eaters who are 300 - 350+ lbs.). You will lose water weight in the first week or two, and it will be steady from then on as long as you do well in avoiding the culprits (sugar/carbs). Make sure you get some potassium (nosalt / nusalt) and sea salt/himalayan and you'll be golden.

I don't even know where to start, but I don't think you got a single thing right there.

Carbohydrates are not evil and insulin is not bad and will not make you overweight.

You've been reading too much Taubes
Retired Moderator
Mar 31 2019 05:41pm
Quote (Sunline @ Mar 31 2019 05:16pm)
I don't even know where to start, but I don't think you got a single thing right there.

Carbohydrates are not evil and insulin is not bad and will not make you overweight.

You've been reading too much Taubes

Don't even know who Taubes is. However, I suggest you do a little more research :)
(even without knowing the facts, a simple google search will, in itself, show how insulin and weight gain are tied together)

Edit: And I never said carbohydrates are evil, but over indulgence is. They are processed into sugars, which causes the pancreas to produce insulin. If insulin is processing sugar into the cells out of the bloodstream, the body will use those carbs and sugars before it uses fat. Any fat ingested while sugar is being utilized won't be needed, therefor it is stored as body fat. Insulin is the hormone which causes fat to be stored, because its priority is to regulate sugar out of the bloodstream (and be used/stored). If the cells can't metabolize or take any more sugar, then your blood sugar will rise because the cells will tell the insulin that it is full. The body releases more insulin to counteract this because it naturally wants to get sugar out of the blood, this can result in insulin resistance. Eventually, the body won't respond to insulin anymore, and your blood sugar will need to be regulated via an insulin shot (Type 2 diabetes). These facts aren't a secret, it's simply how the body works.

Edit#2: This is why most type 2 diabetics and pre-diabetics follow a low-carb low-sugar diet (and high fat), because it lowers their A1C, reduces bad triglycerides, and reverses insulin resistance. Not having an abundance of insulin and allowing the body to not focus on sugars, will cause your body to burn stored fat. It's a side effect of getting healthy. Having a few carbs occasionally will not hurt you. But certainly not 350-500 grams like our "american diet" suggests. Low carb high fat diets are prescribed to patients who have severe auto-immune diseases, even epilepsy, because it's been proven to heal those individuals better than any medicine ever could. We don't need to be medicated 24/7, you need to not slowly poison your body so that medication seems like the only answer.

I was skeptical just like you in the beginning, because I've been plastered with the SAD diet since it's conception around when processed foods started entering the picture. I decided to try it myself once my initial apprehension/shock faded, because I was overweight and had high blood pressure.. with a history in the family for type 2 diabetes.

This post was edited by OverDoSex on Mar 31 2019 07:13pm
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 40%
Mar 31 2019 06:18pm
Quote (hoipolloi @ 31 Mar 2019 02:34)
Another thing worked for me is eating most calories in a 6-7 hours period , then going 15 hours without eating, then having a greens, protein, flax seed, and banana smoothie in the 2-3 hours before the 6-7 hour window starts again. Dont know why it works but I got very quickly at a point where i wasn't really getting hungry. Many says i barely even need the smoothie, but i drink it anyway for the protein and all the vitamins

trolololol

This post was edited by Greater on Mar 31 2019 06:18pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll