d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Rear End Of Truck Uneven > Not Sure What The Issue Is
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.00
Mar 26 2019 11:54pm
I bought a 97 f150 from aa immediate family member. Truck previously set level, but the transmission went out a few years back and it just sat there for 3 ish years. A while back I noticed the rear passenger side sags ~ 1- 1.5 inches lower than the driver side. My first assumption was broken leaf springs. After installing a leaf spring taken from a f250 super duty (two extra leafs) it still sets uneven (center of axle to frame, not from ground). Any ideas what could cause such a large difference? All tires are the same size too
Gold: 3.75
Mar 27 2019 09:33am
photos would help

get the way its sitting and photos of the suspension on that side
Gold: 1,535.00
Mar 27 2019 09:42am
could be something bound up in the suspension, something bent, something broken

frame could be tweeked, bed could be twisted.

does it track straight, like alignment wise? if someone is following you does it crab walk?
Gold: 40.00
Mar 27 2019 08:15pm
Quote (night_throne @ Mar 27 2019 10:33am)
photos would help

get the way its sitting and photos of the suspension on that side

will try and remember to tommorow

Quote (KoJ @ Mar 27 2019 10:42am)
could be something bound up in the suspension, something bent, something broken

frame could be tweeked, bed could be twisted.

does it track straight, like alignment wise? if someone is following you does it crab walk?

the leaf spring mounts are still level, not sure about the shocks. Never been wrecked, was sitting level when it was parked ~ 3 years ago. currentlly unable to drive due to a busted transmisssion (rebuilding it tonight actually) ao im unable to answer the tracking//alignment questions. What ever happened occured while it was sitting still, so I doubt anything bent, and i was under the impression that shocks didnt support weight, they simply acted as dampners. Could anything have happened to the front suspension that would cause the back to drop (ie front left having something break and it sitting up higher due to spring tension? )
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll