d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Crafting Winter Orb Weapon
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,192.59
Mar 21 2019 12:05pm
A complete noob at this game, only started playing at start of synthesis. Luckily I am rich thanks to jsp so I have pretty decent gear.

I'd like to try my hand at crafting items worth multiple ex and wanted to make myself a wand for my non-crit winter orb build. I have no clue how to craft an item from the ground up.

Can someone walk me through the steps?:
1. start with an ilvl85 wand/sceptre with a perfect implicit. Use transmutation until I get a desirable t1 mod. Should this wand already have a good t1 mod? Does it need to be shaper/elder before I start crafting?
2. Then do I use regal or augmentation? What do I do when I get an undesirable 2nd mod from aug? Scour and go back to transmutations? Or if I go regal route and I get a shit mod, do I scour or use an annulment? If I annul, I'm hoping to get rid of the shit mod so I can craft the "multiple mods" affix and create the rest of my item, correct? When do exalts come into play, if ever?

Completely lost. Could use some guidance. Thanks
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 21 2019 12:17pm
Hi there,

What i did back in betrayal was buy a ilvl 85+ shaped sambar sceptre (ele penetration implicit) scour it, transmute and then keep alterating till you hit the elemental damage as extra chaos damage mod (t1 is 16-20%) then regal and annul it and hope you annuled the extra mod you regaled on it.

From there multimod it to your liking, i used spell dmg, arcane surge and some other mods, however the non chaos as extra chaos got nerfed this league.

Hope you understand a bit of what i explained here but feel fee to pm me
Gold: 1,192.59
Mar 21 2019 01:08pm
Quote (Rsv @ Mar 21 2019 01:17pm)
Hi there,

What i did back in betrayal was buy a ilvl 85+ shaped sambar sceptre (ele penetration implicit) scour it, transmute and then keep alterating till you hit the elemental damage as extra chaos damage mod (t1 is 16-20%) then regal and annul it and hope you annuled the extra mod you regaled on it.

From there multimod it to your liking, i used spell dmg, arcane surge and some other mods, however the non chaos as extra chaos got nerfed this league.

Hope you understand a bit of what i explained here but feel fee to pm me

Yes that was really helpful.
Is non-chaos as extra chaos worth pursuing for my build? I'm following a guide from 3.5 and he has that affix on almost every item he wears.
Gold: 6,212.00
Mar 21 2019 05:53pm
Quote (Keegan @ 21 Mar 2019 21:08)
Yes that was really helpful.
Is non-chaos as extra chaos worth pursuing for my build? I'm following a guide from 3.5 and he has that affix on almost every item he wears.

yep, very gude
Gold: 3,750.00
Mar 21 2019 09:05pm
Non chaos as extra chaos is a more multiplier, which is essential to boost dmg by insane amounts
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll