d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Creating A Boot Recovery Disc > To Fix Error Code 0xc0000185 Windows
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Mar 20 2019 06:53am
So I have access to blank dvds 700 mb
At the library they have a server that wont allow me to go into the controll panel on the computer so no windows key and r for a recovery disc
I found a program to save to disc but I got a little confused I was hoping someone could talk me through

At first I just downloaded the file and tried to burn it to a disc
The disc didn't boot up as bootable in my laptop so I got to thinking that it probley wasn't saved as a .iso file
The computer I was working on at the library wasn't showing the program so I tried extracting it with winzip and then I saw the file on my winiso but by the time I misclicked it held my disc in the drive for an hour erasing it, so I took the day off from attempting again
Could anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
Or if willing could someone point me in the direction of an easy to boot from CD linux os that I could load up in my laptop to replace the windows error? Any help is appreciated thank you have a good day
Gold: 18,352.00
Mar 20 2019 07:23am
blank cd-rom's.
You don't have access cause your not supposed to have access.
Your downloading an .ISO hence why you can't access it, you need to burn images on slowest speed for a bootable OS.

/edit
buy a usb thumb drive and use rufus to install w/e iso to it.
stop fucking with cdr's

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Mar 20 2019 07:26am
Gold: 110.00
Mar 22 2019 10:04am
The hell are you trying to do...?

If you need a bootable USB drive for windows 10 PM me and Ill give you some simple steps.

But you shouldn't be trying to do this from a public machine, you likely cannot access what you want because its locked down.
Gold: 1.00
Apr 9 2019 02:11pm
Quote (Xistz @ 20 Mar 2019 07:53)
So I have access to blank dvds 700 mb
At the library they have a server that wont allow me to go into the controll panel on the computer so no windows key and r for a recovery disc
I found a program to save to disc but I got a little confused I was hoping someone could talk me through

At first I just downloaded the file and tried to burn it to a disc
The disc didn't boot up as bootable in my laptop so I got to thinking that it probley wasn't saved as a .iso file
The computer I was working on at the library wasn't showing the program so I tried extracting it with winzip and then I saw the file on my winiso but by the time I misclicked it held my disc in the drive for an hour erasing it, so I took the day off from attempting again
Could anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
Or if willing could someone point me in the direction of an easy to boot from CD linux os that I could load up in my laptop to replace the windows error? Any help is appreciated thank you have a good day

Xistz: If you could please clarify the highlighted parts, perhaps I could be of assistance to you.

Your exact problem is attempting to use a government machine at your local library or your personal machine in the public library?

Thank you.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 10 2019 01:59pm
Quote (Muted @ Apr 9 2019 03:11pm)
Xistz: If you could please clarify the highlighted parts, perhaps I could be of assistance to you.

Your exact problem is attempting to use a government machine at your local library or your personal machine in the public library?

Thank you.

Welcome to a three-week old thread.
Gold: 18,352.00
Apr 10 2019 02:12pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Apr 10 2019 02:59pm)

its his newest thing, necro posting.
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 80%
Apr 10 2019 06:07pm
So I am able to boot hirens from a USB but i am unable to figure out how to fix the os
I did save the files on the usb as ntfs or whatever the other option wouldn't recognize in the boot screen
I am able to connect to the internet on it
Would I be able to delete everything from the harddrive and install a new OS while booting from the usb?
I found the product key but when I type it into the Microsoft website I get an error on their windows recovery page
Feel free to PM me for more info
Apr 10 2019 07:08pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 10 Apr 2019 14:59)

Thanks, Surfpunk.

It was a Xistz post; it felt quite natural and appealing to me.

Quote (King Atrhur @ 10 Apr 2019 15:12)
its his newest thing, necro posting.

I do not! :mad:
Apr 10 2019 09:18pm
Response to Personal Message:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOFTWARE SETTINGS AND TOOLS TO DOWNLOAD:
  1. Boot into the BIOS and ensure settings are good (see above)
  2. Download Windows 7: Professional 32-bit (operating system to install)
  3. Download W7Loader by Daz v2.2.2 (bypass Windows activation and contains product key)
  4. Download Rufus or YUMI (preferably Rufus)
  5. Disable UAC (User Account Control) for convenience; Alternatively: Right click on everything and select "Run as Administrator"

INSTRUCTIONS FOR Rufus:
  1. Run Rufus
  2. Click on SELECT
  3. Navigate to the Windows 7 ISO file (Windows_7_32-bit_Professional_x86.iso) and click on Open
  4. Mark Quick format
  5. Mark Create extended label and icon files
  6. Mark Check device for bad blocks - 1 pass (to ensure the USB drive is in good condition)
  7. Click on START

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING Windows 7: Professional 32-bit via USB:
  1. Insert the USB flash-drive into a USB 2.0 slot
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Press and hold ESC during setup; Alternatively: Modify the boot order to have USB devices boot first
  4. Windows 7: Professional 32-bit installation screen will load from the USB drive now...
  5. Click on "Next"
  6. Click on "Install now"
  7. Mark "I accept the license terms"
  8. Click on "Custom (Advanced)"
  9. Click on "Drive options (advanced)"
  10. Click on each partition and select delete
  11. Click on the only remaining listed (raw) drive and click on "Next" (to install Windows 7: Professional 32-bit)

NOTE - Possible issues you will run into during this process:
Possible error #1: After you click on "Install now": If it errors saying you do not have drivers and offers to allow you to 'Browse': You will need to install from the harddrive and cannot use the USB to install Windows 7!
Possible error #2: After you delete the existing partitions: Windows will say it 'cannot install to the drive' for whatever reason and say that an error log has been written.
Possible issue #3: You will not have the drivers for the wifi, keyboard (doubtful), track-ball or track-pad

INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO SOLVE ERROR #1 and #2 (installing Windows 7: Professional 32-bit directly from the harddrive):
  1. Boot into Windows
  2. Windows key (opens "Start orb" and search menu)
  3. cmd - Right click and click on "Run as Administrator"
    1. Type the following:
    2. diskpart
    3. list disk
    4. select disk X (substitute X for your main hdd that you want to install Windows 7 onto)
    5. list volume (take note of the volume that has Windows installed on it; typically the C drive)
    6. shrink desired=25000 minimum=25000 (25GB of hdd space)
    7. create partition primary
    8. OPTIONAL: list volume (to display the newly selected and RAW partition)
    9. format fs=ntfs label="Win7 Installer" quick
    10. assign
    11. active (NOTE: This command will cause this partition to become the 'active' partition (AKA: system flag set))
    12. exit (exits out of diskpart)
    13. *** DO NOT EXIT OUT OF COMMAND PROMPT YET ***

4. Right click on the Windows 7: Professional 32-bit ISO (Windows_7_32-bit_Professional_x86.iso) and extract the files to a single folder (I prefer to use 7-zip for this task)
  5. Select all files that were extracted and copy them to the newly created partition (I do not know the drive letter assigned; it will be randomly generated)

The files and folders are the root directory of the extracted ISO should be as listed:
  • FOLDER: boot
  • FOLDER: efi
  • FOLDER: sources
  • FOLDER: support
  • FOLDER: upgrade
  • FILE: autorun.inf
  • FILE: bootmgr
  • FILE: setup.exe

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROPERLY SETTING THE BOOT FLAG:
  1. (In command prompt type) X: (substitute "X" with the newly created 25GB partition that was set to active)
  2. cd boot
  3. bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force /mbr
  4. Restart Windows and BOOT TO THE HDD

bootsect's output should be something similar to this:
Quote (bootsect output)
\\??\PhysicalDrive0
Successfully updated disk bootcode.
Bootcode was successfully updated on at least one volume.

Upon rebooting: Windows 7: Professional 32-bit installer should load and everything should be normal (delete all listed partitions and select the only remaining raw partition left and click on "Next" as usual).

That is it! :)

If you run into any sort of issues or hang ups: Feel free to reply and I'll see if I can help some more.

This post was edited by Muted on Apr 10 2019 09:21pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll