d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Leevee's Ultimate Iron Man Thread
1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 17 2019 09:02am
Alright, so here goes. This will be my "D2 PvM" style thread where I post screenshots of my Iron Man progress. Even though this forum is pretty dead, I think it is a good place to save my progress for anyone to see.

For this, I have bought a new account with all campaigns on it, and nothing else. I will be using the Ultimate Iron Man rules, which means:
- No player-to-player trading.
- No banking.
- Must play through campaigns in order (prophecies -> factions -> nightfall -> eye of the north)
- Can only use skills and items after unlocking the campaign (ex: Can't use assassin secondary unless you've made it to Factions)
- Skills can be obtained from area trainers and skill quests.
- Skills that have (Unlocked) next to their name in skill trainers CANNOT be bought!
- No skill tomes
- No consumables (unless it's strictly for Sweet Tooth / Party Animal / Drunkard and the effects of the consumable are not being used in gameplay)
- Can't interact with Non-ironmans
- No Mercenary Heroes!
- Must contain "Iron" in the name!
- Cannot use Material/Rare Material Traders.

I am picking Ranger/Mesmer as my profession. This is because I like being a "utility" to the party, instead of being a heavy DPSer. Historically, Mesmers were great at shutting down the main boss of a mission or providing crowd control. Meanwhile, Mesmers have become way too overpowered at this, so I think Ranger is the next best pick. I will try to train myself at being decent at interrupting, and will use shutdown builds on the more difficult mobs in end-game. For easy missions, I'll probably be playing a standard Pet+Barage build.

Short term goals:
- Finishing all campaigns
- Getting Druid's Armor

Long term goals:
- Some maxed titles starting with at least Legendary Guardian.
- 30 points in HoM.

Very long term goals:
- Fissure of Woe armor!

So, without further ado, I present to you:

Iron Silesium

This post was edited by Leevee on Mar 17 2019 09:27am
Gold: 452.00
Mar 18 2019 06:23am
nice :) hope you are having fun, got some thoughts though,

only go to next campain after to reach a certain "campaign"-goal

example: before u leave prophecies and start factions: Obtain elite armor / Black widow pet / a green (unique) bow

that way u will be forced to do the "elite" area's before u get to overpowered due to hero's / skills from NF / EOTN
think about sorrows furnace / tombs of the primeval kings :)

love how u got a fresh account for it :)
i would like to make a char to (prophecies / factions only) but would only use a char slot .. dont want to pay 20$ for a fresh account xD

i hope u find an iron-man guild ... but i really advice you, dont go to NF/EOTN ... it will all get to easy very fast, due to cheap armors/easy max weapons/ inscriptions/hero's/overpowered builds :)

This post was edited by Falkerakatim on Mar 18 2019 06:24am
Mar 18 2019 12:22pm
For NF and EotN I am still deciding what to do. Thing is, I really like EotN and part of what I want to do is clear the dungeons there. :)
But maybe I'll at least go for Protector, Cartographer and Skill Hunter titles in Prophecies and Factions before I move on. That would be quite the challenge without missing anything in the long run.

Hard Mode is definitely no option without heroes...

Progress pics!

I found a guild that's pretty nice. :) As you can see, it's full of people like me.

And one of my first drops was a pink dye. ArenaNet knows how I roll!

My first big armor upgrade. This thing actually makes a lot of difference.
Mar 18 2019 12:23pm

Big pro of taking it slow: you make a lot of gold really fast. Here I have 1k, and I barely made it out of pre-searing.
Gold: 763.00
Mar 18 2019 01:20pm
Good luck there :thumbsup:

I have tried it few years ago by doing every quest in the game.
But after few weeks real life hit me and it took alot of time posting and editing pictures for progress.

Its really fun hope you can pull this off.

maybe some ideas from my old post to add quest rewards so you can actually see how many gold and xp you get by doing every quest.

Part 1 : https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72564064&f=209
Part 2 : https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74416887&f=209

Mar 20 2019 01:34am
Quote (Madafaq @ Mar 18 2019 09:20pm)
Good luck there :thumbsup:

I have tried it few years ago by doing every quest in the game.
But after few weeks real life hit me and it took alot of time posting and editing pictures for progress.

Its really fun hope you can pull this off.

maybe some ideas from my old post to add quest rewards so you can actually see how many gold and xp you get by doing every quest.

Part 1 : https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72564064&f=209
Part 2 : https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74416887&f=209

Hah, the thing in Prophecies is that quest rewards give very low amounts of XP. I only do them if they offer skills as a reward. :)

I'm level 11 meanwhile, and have reached Borlis Pass. Will post more screenshots soon.
Gold: 13.37
Mar 20 2019 04:13pm
Looks like fun! Can't wait to follow your progress!
Mar 24 2019 02:57am

That's one of the great things about Iron Man characters. You have to take your time getting places and appreciate the scenery a bit more again.

I now have a full set with 40 armor. This makes A LOT of difference.
Again, pretty cool about my Iron Man character: I am not allowed to buy materials, so getting those 14 tanned hide squares actually took quite some effort.

Ascalon missions were easy, probably due to being a little bit overleveled. Northern Shiverpeaks... not so much. Here I am doing the Borlis Pass bonus with relative ease, but still had to take my time with everything.
Mar 24 2019 02:59am

My first rune! Or so I thought. This was just a useless insignia.

A new bow that's pretty good. I'm keeping that one, since my "+20% damage to Charr" is not so useful anymore.

And here's why I chose to be a ranger. Those Hydras HURT, but their skills are easy to interrupt. I like helping out my party that way.
Mar 24 2019 03:03am

This screenshot actually comes before the previous one. I found a Vitae rune, but I think I have accidentally sold the item in the meantime. I should get myself an expert salvage kit so that I can salvage this stuff right away when I find it. :P

Here you can see that I finished Althea's Ashes by starting from Yak's Bend with 6 heroes. This was necessary, but took a looooong time.
Reason for doing this quest? I'm too weak right now! The Frost Gate bonus contains groups with two healers, and those really need hard DPS in order to get them down. I'm not good enough at interrupting (yet) to shut down those monks.

Now I am level 13, and will continue trying to do The Frost Gate. I refuse to finish this mission without finishing the bonus, so this takes a lot of effort. In fact, I've wiped about 5 times so far, but managed to never die myself. Once I'm the last man standing and have escaped combat, I just resign. :(

At least I have 0 deaths at level 13 still... That's quite good progress.

This post was edited by Leevee on Mar 24 2019 03:10am
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll