d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Iron Man Characters
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 15 2019 04:46am
So, who's jumping onto this bandwagon? In Guild Wars 1, people these days are really getting into the idea of Iron Man characters.

Basic rules:
1. You must play through Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and GW:EN in that order.
2. Any item you use must have been acquired by your character only. No trading, no muling, no storage access!
3. You can only buy skills that are part of that trainer's catalog. So, if the trainer only sells a skill because you already have it unlocked, you can not buy that skill from that trainer.
4. No tomes whatsoever.

Some more extreme rules:
- You can only party up with other Iron Man characters. If you use this rule, you can put "Iron" in your name so that people can recognize other iron men.
- Your heroes can only use skills that your character knows.

And the harcore rule:
- If your character dies, you have to delete it.

I've played some characters using only rule 2. I am now thinking of buying a new account and creating a new character there, to live the full experience.

Anyone else who is doing this?

This post was edited by Leevee on Mar 15 2019 04:47am
Gold: 452.00
Mar 17 2019 01:51am
Did before with a new warior... but after a while i got annoyed and just played normal with him.. problems i had:

- Can't use storage ... my storage is full with gear/gold/materials from 10+ years playing .. so i can't save up things withouth knowing its for that specific char
- No other players... been playing till beacons (prophecies) but never had any other player exept stupid henches ...
- tried to only use skills i got from quests, trainers, but since i got all unlocked on account its annoying, dont like to check every time if the skill is "end-game" or not ...

i would like to play the game oldskool again, cuz i got bored of SC's and i dont know what to spend my money on anyway :p
missions are WAAAY to easy, did some FoW HM with hero's, its like a walk in the park just send the hero's in and watch them rape everything...

would be interessed to play with people that would play proph / factions the old-way ... (nightfall + eotn make you almost immortal with the new skills / hero's) and also withouth consumables / summon stones ^^

problem, should buy a new account for that :p just proph/faction account cuz that is the only way u can re-live the old days, but i guesse i will never find friends to do it with .. so why spend my money on it ^^

Edit: i loved how i got my first ecto's ... how i got a "victor's bulwark" ... a perfect modded shield !! costed 100k gold + x ecto's back in the days :) how u felt when u finally got an armor from droks, and then u could save up for an elite armor ...

This post was edited by Falkerakatim on Mar 17 2019 01:52am
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 17 2019 02:09am
I am actually going to buy a new account for this. :) My goal is to get some titles in the end, without ever using the storage etc.

Not sure when though. For now I'm still playing Path of Exile got a bit. :p

By the way, if it's too difficult to find parties, maybe it could be useful to join a Iron Man guild?
Gold: 452.00
Mar 17 2019 03:33am
Quote (Leevee @ Mar 17 2019 08:09am)
I am actually going to buy a new account for this. :) My goal is to get some titles in the end, without ever using the storage etc.

Not sure when though. For now I'm still playing Path of Exile got a bit. :p

By the way, if it's too difficult to find parties, maybe it could be useful to join a Iron Man guild?

never seen an iron man guild ^^ and forming one these days is impossible i guesse ...
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll