d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack
Prev1717273747578Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 24 2019 06:27am
Quote (Knoppie @ 24 Mar 2019 13:22)
No, Ghot is arguing a difference between muslim and islamic muslim and how thay are citizens of the middle east and not new zealand.

Trying to divide a population over his racist believes.

I tend to ignore Ghot's posts if they are not easy-to-consume meme pics.
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 24 2019 06:35am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 24 2019 07:27am)
I tend to ignore Ghot's posts if they are not easy-to-consume meme pics.

Well, there doesn't seem to be a meme pic for this question.

I'm an atheist, I think all religion is stupid, and causes nothing but problems. But I do understand why some folks... seem to need religion.

This will be the third time I asked. why do christians let anyone into their services, but mosques don't? Are there muslims, who are NOT islamic?

Mar 24 2019 06:42am
Quote (Ghot @ 24 Mar 2019 13:35)
Well, there doesn't seem to be a meme pic for this question.

I'm an atheist, I think all religion is stupid, and causes nothing but problems. But I do understand why some folks... seem to need religion.

This will be the third time I asked. why do christians let anyone into their services, but mosques don't? Are there muslims, who are NOT islamic?

I know several mosques here in Germany that you can easily visit as a non-muslim. *shrug*
Mar 24 2019 06:45am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 24 2019 07:42am)
I know several mosques here in Germany that you can easily visit as a non-muslim. *shrug*

During a service, after stating that you don't wish to convert, you just want to see what happens in a mosque?
Gold: 35.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 24 2019 06:49am
Make Earth Great Again
Mar 24 2019 06:58am
Quote (Ghot @ 24 Mar 2019 13:45)
During a service, after stating that you don't wish to convert, you just want to see what happens in a mosque?

Yes.

Liberal, moderate and conservative mosques/muslims do exist. They arent all terrorists or incompatible with western culture.
The problem with islam is that the share of those hardliners is too high, and that muslim hardliners are particularly problematic. But all of this doesnt mean that every muslim is an islamistic hardliner.
We MUST distinguish between these two groups.

The true problem in western societies is that our politicians dont keep out or send home those muslims who refuse to integrate into our culture or who espouse a toxic, intolerant strain of their religion. Nonetheless, the fight against islamism/the political islam cant be won if we put the tolerant, well-meaning muslims into the same basket as the intolerant, toxic ones and alienate them by making undifferentiated accusations against them; or by sucking up to the political islam. Which is exactly why I'm so critical of Jacinda Ardern wearing a hijab: in the context of the "cultural civil war" raging on inside the muslim world, the hijab is a symbol of the - from our western perspective - wrong side.
Gold: 35.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 24 2019 07:04am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 24 2019 08:58am)
Yes.

Liberal, moderate and conservative mosques/muslims do exist. They arent all terrorists or incompatible with western culture.
The problem with islam is that the share of those hardliners is too high, and that muslim hardliners are particularly problematic. But all of this doesnt mean that every muslim is an islamistic hardliner.
We MUST distinguish between these two groups.

The true problem in western societies is that our politicians dont keep out or send home those muslims who refuse to integrate into our culture or who espouse a toxic, intolerant strain of their religion. Nonetheless, the fight against islamism/the political islam cant be won if we put the tolerant, well-meaning muslims into the same basket as the intolerant, toxic ones and alienate them by making undifferentiated accusations against them; or by sucking up to the political islam. Which is exactly why I'm so critical of Jacinda Ardern wearing a hijab: in the context of the "cultural civil war" raging on inside the muslim world, the hijab is a symbol of the - from our western perspective - wrong side.

YourWrong
all incompatible.

This post was edited by YourSoStupid on Mar 24 2019 07:04am
Mar 24 2019 07:06am

Dude, I'm not talking about terrorists. I'm talking about people born and raised in the middle east. Are there ANY (large enough statistical amount), that are NOT of the islamic faith.
I keep hearing about people killed or raped ot assaulted, in the middle east, and other places, by muslims, just because they are christian, or gay, or women...etc.

I know ALL muslims aren't killers, ut I seriously wonder if there are any that are non-islamic. Like are there any muslim atheists, or Christians or Buddhists?
Mar 24 2019 07:12am
Quote (YourSoStupid @ 24 Mar 2019 14:04)
YourWong
all incompatible.

No. Too many, but not all of them.

If I had to put numbers to it, I'd estimate that roughly 35-65% are incompatible with our culture and should be sent back to their countries of origin if they keep on refusing to integrate into our culture, but the other 35-65% should not be thrown under the bus either. And violent and cowardly attacks are a no go in general.
Mar 24 2019 07:14am
Quote (Ghot @ 24 Mar 2019 14:06)
Dude, I'm not talking about terrorists. I'm talking about people born and raised in the middle east. Are there ANY (large enough statistical amount), that are NOT of the islamic faith.
I keep hearing about people killed or raped ot assaulted, in the middle east, and other places, by muslims, just because they are christian, or gay, or women...etc.

I know ALL muslims aren't killers, ut I seriously wonder if there are any that are non-islamic. Like are there any muslim atheists, or Christians or Buddhists?

there are arabic christians in the middle east. they are a highly oppressed and persecuted group, but they do exist. likewise, there are actually quite some people in the middle east who are formally muslims, but actually arent religious and effectively atheists.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1717273747578Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll