d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack
Prev1707172737478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 24 2019 05:17am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 24 2019 06:15am)
Sounds like auditive hallucinations.
Check "Islam in Tunisia" in wiki/Google, at least you will not lose your day my old friend.

I'll just wait till you answer my question.
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 24 2019 05:17am
Quote (dro94 @ 24 Mar 2019 09:33)
Wait - the hijab?! Surely you mean the burka...

No, I mean the hijab?!

All across the muslim world, women who want to be free and to be recognized as full-class citizens fight to remove their headwear, often times being brutally punished by sharia police or their husbands. All aross the muslim world, "modern" muslimas face pressure from other, "traditionalist" muslimas as well as family members to behave "with decency" and cover their hair. In Iran, one of the most important measures of the current social repression is the degree of skimpiness of the hijabs that the religion police is allowing. All across the muslim world, sexual violence in public is much more prevalent than than in the West, and unveiled women are frequently considered "fair game" by the perpetrators.

All of these struggles of modern and/or (truly) feminist* muslim women is thrown under the bus when the NZ PM wants to show a sign of solidarity with the muslim community and, of all things, picks the hijab as the symbol of islam. In the muslim world, female headwear is politicized, it is a toxic symbol of female oppression.

*isnt it ironic that in the West, a lot of self-proclaimed "feminists" are fighting for the spread of islam, a religion which is also an ideology, and an ideology which couldnt be more diametrically opposed to everything these feminists pretend to fight for?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 24 2019 05:18am
Gold: 200.83
Mar 24 2019 05:21am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 24 2019 04:17am)
No, I mean the hijab?!

All across the muslim world, women who want to be free and to be recognized as full-class citizens fight to remove their headwear, often times being brutally punished by sharia police or their husbands. All aross the muslim world, "modern" muslimas face pressure from other, "traditionalist" muslimas as well as family members to behave "with decency" and cover their hair. In Iran, one of the most important measures of the current social repression is the degree of skimpiness of the hijabs that the religion police is allowing. All across the muslim world, sexual violence in public is much more prevalent than than in the West, and unveiled women are frequently considered "fair game" by the perpetrators.

All of these struggles of modern and/or (truly) feminist* muslim women is thrown under the bus when the NZ PM wants to show a sign of solidarity with the muslim community and, of all things, picks the hijab as the symbol for the islam. In the muslim world, female headwear is politicized, it is a toxic symbol of female oppression.

*isnt it ironic that in the West, a lot of self-proclaimed "feminists" are fighting for the spread of islam, a religion which is also an ideology, and an ideology which couldnt be more diametrically opposed to everything these feminists pretend to fight for at that.

literally the only explanation for that is they are seen as a minority (read: not white) and no matter what progressives seem to want to band together with minorities even if it's illogical and they are directly opposed.

If i'm wrong here someone explain.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 24 2019 05:22am
Quote (Ghot @ 24 Mar 2019 12:17)
I'll just wait till you answer my question.

My bad; check "hijab in Tunisia"
Mar 24 2019 05:26am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 24 2019 06:22am)
My bad; check "hijab in Tunisia"

Well, obviously I've made a point that you can't seem to refute. I think this because twice now you have refused to answer a simple question.

That question being: "So you're saying that an atheist, bacon loving, gay person could go to a mosque and sit through the service, after stating they had no intentions to convert?"

/e This is what I mean when I say: I don't think muslims can be separated from islam. I'm serious about trying to understand this.

We have Ilhan Omar, an Americanized muslim elected to congress, and the first thing she does is start wailing on Israel who every one knows is a US ally.

/ee Here's the problem I'm having...

muslims to me are... people from the middle east.
Islamic muslims to me... SEEM to be a problem, in the US and everywhere.

No matter how much I try to understand islamic muslims, I can't get past the fact, that they can't seem to believe in live and let live.

This post was edited by Ghot on Mar 24 2019 05:49am
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 24 2019 06:02am
Jsp

The place where a thread about 50 murdered muslims in prayer is where right wingers congregate to shit talk muslims and Muslim immigration
Mar 24 2019 06:08am
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 24 2019 07:02am)
Jsp

The place where a thread about 50 murdered muslims in prayer is where right wingers congregate to shit talk muslims and Muslim immigration

Really? I ask an honest question, and not only get no answers, but get this BS?
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 24 2019 06:16am
Quote (Beowulf @ 24 Mar 2019 13:02)
Jsp

we are talking about whether the reaction of the NZ PM was adequate or not. which, after 70 pages of discussion and 10 days after the horrible event, is the normal course for a thread like this. it is normal to talk about the consequences and the aftermath once the event itself has been discussed to the fullest.

it was a heinous attack on peaceful and innocent muslims - but this doesnt mean that criticism of hardline conservative interpretations of islam is any less valid or expedient.

let's take an analogy with reversed roles: after the pulse club shooting in orlando, which was a heinous attack from a muslim perpetrator on innocent and presumably liberal non-muslims, would you have considered it inappropriate to keep on criticising white evangelicals (hardline conservatives from the victim group) and their homophobia?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 24 2019 06:17am
Gold: 945.00
Mar 24 2019 06:22am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 24 2019 01:16pm)
we are talking about whether the reaction of the NZ PM was adequate or not. which, after 70 pages of discussion and 10 days after the horrible event, is the normal course for a thread like this. it is normal to talk about the consequences and the aftermath once the event itself has been discussed to the fullest.

it was a heinous attack on peaceful and innocent muslims - but this doesnt mean that criticism of hardline conservative interpretations of islam is any less valid or expedient.

let's take an analogy with reversed roles: after the pulse club shooting in orlando, which was a heinous attack from a muslim perpetrator on innocent and presumably liberal non-muslims, would you have considered it inappropriate to keep on criticising white evangelicals (hardline conservatives from the victim group) and their homophobia?

No, Ghot is arguing a difference between muslim and islamic muslim and how thay are citizens of the middle east and not new zealand.

Trying to divide a population over his racist believes.
Mar 24 2019 06:24am
On a side note... I really am not trying to criticize anyone here.

Posts #705 and #707 are seriously honest questions I have and have had for a while now.

Can there be a non-islamic muslim?

/e

Quote (Knoppie @ Mar 24 2019 07:22am)
No, Ghot is arguing a difference between muslim and islamic muslim and how thay are citizens of the middle east and not new zealand.

Trying to divide a population over his racist believes.

No I'm not. I'm not racist, I don't hate anyone, anywhere. It amazes me that some on here don't get that. It IS possible to have questions about things and not hate the subject of the question.

This post was edited by Ghot on Mar 24 2019 06:26am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1707172737478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll