d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Leaving Neverland
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.87
Mar 12 2019 09:32pm
What’s y’all thoughts?
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 13 2019 07:15pm
Before this doc, I took it as a universally understood fact that Jackson was guilty of molesting kids.

After seeing this doc and reading the comment discussion, I am surprised to find that there is an argument for him being innocent.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 13 2019 07:15pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Mar 13 2019 08:17pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 13 2019 09:15pm)
Before this doc, I took it as a universally understood fact that Jackson was guilty of molesting kids.

After seeing this doc and reading the comment discussion, I am surprised to find that there is an argument for him being innocent.

There is?
Mar 13 2019 08:33pm
Quote (AmineA @ Mar 13 2019 10:17pm)
There is?

There is. The denials are quite tin-foily, but just like any good conspiracy theory they sprinkle in a few facts that make you think twice.
Mar 13 2019 08:34pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 13 2019 10:33pm)
There is. The denials are quite tin-foily, but just like any good conspiracy theory they sprinkle in a few facts that make you think twice.

... like?...
Mar 13 2019 09:10pm
Quote (AmineA @ Mar 13 2019 10:34pm)
... like?...

Jackson is, by all accounts, a super weird person. He never developed mentally or emotionally. He had a lot of people (smart people) around him that knew how to use his talent to make money. The family of the kid who made the official allegations ended up settling out of court for a cool ~10million.

Regardless which side of the story anyone believes, they all agree that SOME KID was coerced into lying in their testimony. Either his accusers were lying or his defenders were.

The two who were making this documentary were either lying in court OR lying in this new movie. This new movie was made after Jackson died. Convenient timing since Jackson's estate can not file a slander lawsuit on his behalf.

No one disputes that Jackson is a super wierdo who liked to have slumber parties with young boys. If there was abuse, then it must have been true that the adults who worked closely with Jackson either enabled it (actively) or chose to look the other way to keep their high paying jobs.

It doesn't seem impossible to imagine that such savvy people could also have seen Jackson's weird tendencies and found a way to use it to their own financial advantage. Lawyers like creating big cases because it means big legal fees for them.

Otherwise, you have to believe that Jackson is a highly competent criminal mastermind capable of pulling off epic levels of deception right under the noses of multiple sets of parents (all by himself).

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 13 2019 09:12pm
Mar 13 2019 10:02pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 13 2019 11:10pm)
Jackson is, by all accounts, a super weird person. He never developed mentally or emotionally. He had a lot of people (smart people) around him that knew how to use his talent to make money. The family of the kid who made the official allegations ended up settling out of court for a cool ~10million.

Regardless which side of the story anyone believes, they all agree that SOME KID was coerced into lying in their testimony. Either his accusers were lying or his defenders were.

The two who were making this documentary were either lying in court OR lying in this new movie. This new movie was made after Jackson died. Convenient timing since Jackson's estate can not file a slander lawsuit on his behalf.

No one disputes that Jackson is a super wierdo who liked to have slumber parties with young boys. If there was abuse, then it must have been true that the adults who worked closely with Jackson either enabled it (actively) or chose to look the other way to keep their high paying jobs.

It doesn't seem impossible to imagine that such savvy people could also have seen Jackson's weird tendencies and found a way to use it to their own financial advantage. Lawyers like creating big cases because it means big legal fees for them.

Otherwise, you have to believe that Jackson is a highly competent criminal mastermind capable of pulling off epic levels of deception right under the noses of multiple sets of parents (all by himself).

Mastermind is an exaggeration, but I'm in this camp... the parents' of the children we're mostly all enablers from what i've read (haven't seen the doc yet so i'm probably missing several facts).
Mar 13 2019 10:11pm
Quote (AmineA @ Mar 14 2019 12:02am)
Mastermind is an exaggeration, but I'm in this camp... the parents' of the children we're mostly all enablers from what i've read (haven't seen the doc yet so i'm probably missing several facts).

the two main kids in this story (and their families) spend a good chunk of time trying to justify why they lied about during Jackson's whole life and then suddenly change their stories now.

Meanwhile other kids (who denied abuse) have never changed their stories. 2 accusers took him to court: one settled the other one returned a not guilty verdict.

Either side you believe requires you to accept a massive coverup with kids being coached to lie in court.

What I see here is enough "smoke" that any rational person will naturally believe there is some fire.
Mar 13 2019 10:24pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 14 2019 12:11am)
the two main kids in this story (and their families) spend a good chunk of time trying to justify why they lied about during Jackson's whole life and then suddenly change their stories now.

Meanwhile other kids (who denied abuse) have never changed their stories. 2 accusers took him to court: one settled the other one returned a not guilty verdict.

Either side you believe requires you to accept a massive coverup with kids being coached to lie in court.

What I see here is enough "smoke" that any rational person will naturally believe there is some fire.

not denying that at all, i'm aware there are kids (now adults) who have stayed at the mansion/neverland, and said they've never been abused by MJ.
Gold: 1,902.28
Apr 3 2019 03:21pm
Nothing in this documentary made me believe he is guilty, in fact 99% of the evidence is overwhelming in MJ's favour. No new evidence was introduced other than someone who already testified nothing happened is now claiming the opposite, someone who just happens to be in a bad financial situation unlike before.

The 2 people in the documentary already filed a lawsuit in 2013 for monetary gain which was dismissed by a judge.

Read the court transcripts, don''t watch documentaries, ever. We should have learned that from Martin Bashir. Wade testified under oath, as an adult in separate trial, that nothing happened.

These new allegatons from Wade, after claiming MJ was "the pure goodness of human kind", came after he begged the MJ Estate for a directing job on the Michael Jackson ONE Cirque du Soleil Show.

in 2011 he was in a bad financial situation, he started selling many of his possessions. He asked for it to be kept anonymous but the MJ estate didn't, this angered him.

There is so much more to this story that was never told, but guess what, like the Jussie Smollet situation, we just won't ever know. It is very easy to attack MJ though, he lived such a strange lifestyle and had clear arrested development.

It will keep flip flopping back and forth, many more documentaries will come out in the future, none will add anything new.

This post was edited by Marieusz on Apr 3 2019 03:51pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll