d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > (guide) K/t Pvm/ubers Assassin > Yep
12320Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Mar 8 2019 04:27pm
Not open for noob suggestions, not gonna answer everyone and his mother about every stupid question about the build, and if you have any doubt, ask ur girlfriend (if you have one) and she's not busy with your best friend.

Hello :D (If someone wants to test the char, just PM and i send a copy to test it in SP)

I decided to make a guide of one of my favourite PVM characters; the Lightdancer Assassin, or kick/light trap assassin hyb. There are lots of guides (well, some) about this char, but this one is more personal. It have more trap damage than usual ones, not meaning that our kicks will be low because of that, because dragon talon will be maxed too and with pretty good AR/Damage/effects. The idea is balance, and killing speed in p8 games thanks to static procs + high damage traps, and to stash a right setup for ubers; we will be using teleport, so this char is not handicaped with duress, forty or things like this; it's a good char to do everything in the game in all areas, from rush ppl to host dia/baal runs, some mf, etc.

Explanations: The choice of main weapon may seem weird; why crescent moon for static, and not stormlash? Well, the answer is the speed, it needs less ias to reach the desired bp's if made into a Phase Blade; with the setup I propose, it's going to be Fadessin, don't want to sacrifice life tap from draculs (so no ias gloves) and will try to get max trap damage so all +skills matter; while stormlash needs way more ias, crescent only needs 30. This allows me to Cham my helm and use another bk for other +1 and +3 trap amulet instead of highlord/whatever, for example.

Note: The -% enemy light res on Crescent moon does not work with light sentries traps, as everybody knows I guess :D It works for Shock web, at least.

SKILLS: It's pretty simple. Max all light traps +1pt fireblast, max dragon talon, 1 pt into fade and pre-reqs. Rest is VERY optional. I placed rest of points into: 1 pt cloack of shadows and mindblast, and rest into Venom. If u want, u can get shadow warrior, blade shield instead... optional.

STATS: Again simple. Strenght: few points to wear Stormshield (will be few pts). Dex: Til 75% block ofc. Vita: Rest.

Let's see general PVM gear:

Armor: Enigma. No explanation needed. Use the one you prefer, I prefer dusk.
Helm: Magic +3Traps circlet 100 life, 2 sox CHAM/15Ias-40ed jool. (we need ias on helm for max kick speed with our main weapon)
Amulet: Magic +3Traps, 100 life (and +3traps 10fcr in stash when we want to teleport at 65 fcr bp -rush, mf, runs, etc.- Or we can always use the fcr one, optional)
Weapon: Crescent Moon Phase blade RW. (Static, fast base and 20 ias. The -% enemy light res will help a little with our Shockwebs at least -not bad, actually-)
Shield: Stormshield 15ias-40ed jool. (Max block, dr... we need the ias there for max kick speed with Crescent Moon)
Boots: Double Upped Goblins. (Only source of CB with this setup; seems low, but is more than enough in p1, and still useless as 100% CB in p8 anyway...) Could use Upp Gores too.
Gloves: Draculs.
Belt: Arach.
Rings: 2 Bulkhatos.
W: CTA 664 PHASE BLADE/SPIRIT 35 monarch (important, we will place our traps with this side often so we need a fast base speed weapon so use phase blade. Spirit must be 35 fcr so we can teleport at 65 fcr that is more than enough)

Inv: Perfect Anni and Torch, if it's 25% would be very nice with kicking. 10X20L/5@ Res scs. 9x45L trap skillers.

Merc Might Act 2 NM: Lot of options but for this build I prefer: COH eth, Infinity GPA, Eth Andy CHAM.

(Optional weapons in stash for utility/fun: Azure Ber, Rift Caddy (we can use those in teams, when static is provided by sorcs, ppl gives fana aura 95% of the time, and to deal with light/fire/phys inmunes faster; We will save a demonslimb too in stash. We can use a setup of 2 +6ls claws too if we want to go full trapsin sometimes, but not needed)

With this setup, we reach 1-12k traps with cta/spirit side, lvl 30 dragon talon with healthy AR (around 12/15k+, more than enough with infy merc, and more with ench) and 7xx-16xx dmg per kick with aura merc on, static procs like mad, life tap, 4139 life, max block, max dr%, max kick speed with Fade, 25% CB, 50% OWS, maxed resis, and 65 fcr option stashed with cta/spirit 35 side+amu+arach. We don't really need FHR in pvm sins, but when teleporting, we are fine with the fhr spirit provides. It's overkill in all PVM scenarios. If we feel the need of getting more max light res if dangerous souls are at sight, we can put a tg for that moment, but its weird that assassins need that due to magnificent crowd control skills, cloack of shadows, etc.

Now let's see Ubers setup:

Weapon: Beast Caduceus/War Scepter. (CB/OWS/Aura/Damage source; don't use BA because we would need ias and weapon damage does nothing to kicks; with Scepter we are always fine with kicking speed with it alone) We can use this one for all the run, minor ubers/Tristram, or just vs Mephi, ur choice.
Helm: Guillaume CHAM. (CB Source) We can use this one for minor ubers/Tristram, or just vs Mephi, ur choice.
Shield: Storm 15/40, the 15ias now are useless with our Beast, but we will swap to a 70@res sanctuary vs Mephi, or we can use Sanc for all the run, ur choice; that's why Scepter is important, don't use Beast BA, use Scepter :p.
Belt: TG vs Mephi. Not a must, but helps especially in HC. Only problem is, we drop to lvl 29 dtalon, (5 kicks, instead of lvl30 6 kicks, but not a big deal). For rest, arach is fine
Rings/Amu: Mara 30, and 2x rare rings: fcr/ar/11@res, +XX light res, repl... /// ar/11@ manaleech... What we search here is resistances/lr and some ar, rest is a bonus. Don't need op rings, just resis rings.

Other option is to change our armor vs Mephi to COH instead of rings and amu for resis, but meh... (dmg to demons does not work, we lose teleport, strenght -kick damage-... not worth it)

Merc Might Act 2 NM: Same gear, he will survive with no problems in all the run tbh, but vs Mephi, give him a Kira 15/15 and he can't die unless u let him tank like mad or make fool things. Keep an eye on him vs Lilith too, but should not have big troubles.

Again, decent kick damage (8xx-2k+), 15k/20k+ AR with ench, 80% CB, 50% OWS, 6 kicks, around 9k-10k traps, some fhr, maxed/stacked resis, and so on...

Strategy: Minor ubers are a joke, don't need tips here, as usual. Use the setup u prefer.

Tristram: Do tri-uber with mephi stack resis on, or split them, ur choice.

Have fun.

Not open for noob suggestions, not gonna answer everyone and his mother about every stupid question about the build, and if you have any doubt, ask ur girlfriend (if you have one) and she's not busy with your best friend.
Gold: 15,715.00
Mar 8 2019 04:30pm
"i dont like the site"/10
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 50%
Mar 8 2019 04:56pm
this build sucks, no shako, no pimp factor, reeeee boring

requires perf items = 99.99% of people won't do it

build sucks

delete

delete account too
Gold: Locked
Mar 8 2019 05:12pm
how do you mf with this? so many things in stash you would realm down from the constant muling
Gold: 9,715.81
Mar 8 2019 05:39pm
i asked my gf and she is deeply impressed by your magnificent item and skill combining capabilities

please dont steal her
Gold: 22,612.50
Mar 8 2019 05:58pm
Quote (Wisteria @ Mar 9 2019 02:28am)
Who the fuk is so stupid that needs more than 1 pvm char? O_o

3 min ubers is the gold standard boys. Start throwing them shockwebs!
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2019 05:59pm
Duck off and Fie.
:Blush:
Warn: 80%
Mar 9 2019 11:58am
Thanks for replies (?) Bump.
Gold: 45.00
Mar 9 2019 12:21pm
I like this guide.
Gold: 1,110.00
Mar 9 2019 12:47pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Mar 8 2019 11:12pm)
how do you mf with this? so many things in stash you would realm down from the constant muling

NO Problem, Estrangulador dont drop good items xD
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12320Next
Closed New Topic New Poll