d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Vindicator Templar (v/t) Lld 30 > Introduction
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 265.00
Mar 4 2019 05:44pm

V/T are very flexible and can distribute points from a skill like Smite and apply it towards a support skill such as Vigor for example.
Explore and test different variations of support skills to see what works for your TvT or 1vs1. I've provided the most basic and
general example of a V/T set for skills, but again these are some ideas for what works best regarding the current meta for LLD Lv.30 PVP format.

Gear
For gear there are many different combinations of gear you could use for different match ups.
Pick from what you can afford and upgrade when possible.

Hotkeys
I'm not claiming to be an expert but I wanted to share and provide an idea of what works for me regarding my hotkeys.
I've also provided recommendations from the community, every one has a different way of playing.

Charms
I've learned that for me strength bug works great in 1vs1 mirror matches were the other V/T cant tell what your set up is by simple looks.
For the majority of your charms you'll want life and mana (15 life 12 mana).
You can always try defense life charms and elemental resistance life charms as well.
Aim for small charms and fill your inventory with the best possible charms at your disposal.

This post was edited by danzeva on Mar 4 2019 06:30pm
Gold: 1,011.71
Mar 4 2019 05:50pm
Your keys are aids af
Mar 4 2019 05:52pm
Quote (Avenged123 @ Mar 4 2019 05:50pm)
Your keys are aids af

Its the best I can do regarding my condition for my hand , but if you'd like to help what key set ups would you use for hotkeys lmk and ill make the proper adjustments

thanks

Gold: 1,011.71
Mar 4 2019 05:56pm
A- blessed hammer
S- charge
D- medi
F- conc
Z- vigor
Gold: 5,495.69
Mar 4 2019 06:06pm
Pretty cool layout for a guide, fair play to you.

Contrary to what everyone seems to agree on, I think a v/t is quite underestimated in LLD (albeit Ive only ever seen 2 people use them well). I have a few more swaps than you suggest which helps, and I went for damage jewels rather than sols but I suck on a vt anyways hehe.

If no hard point prayer (ie europe) how do you suggest getting medi? Sure a 3/3 scepter with medi would be nice, but without would you sacrifice a lower foh/conv for it? Have insight for certain matchups? Ditch bfist for frostburn?

The swap scepter do you go for a 5foh/conv war scepter for a low str build or have you tried a divine honor (maybe with a damage armor) to get some charge damage? Also, I presume you use solely life/mana scs if low str but perhaps mixed with some max/ar/lifers for a higher str build?

A few pointers on common matchups might help some people (and round out your guide a bit).

PS you spelled price and vigor and damage wrong.

This post was edited by bonnerf2 on Mar 4 2019 06:08pm
Gold: 22,192.00
Mar 4 2019 06:15pm
needs more enigma of peace
Gold: 3,778.00
Mar 4 2019 06:15pm
good stuff 10/10
Mar 4 2019 07:04pm
Quote (Avenged123 @ Mar 4 2019 05:56pm)
A- blessed hammer
S- charge
D- medi
F- conc
Z- vigor

Really...?
Mar 4 2019 07:39pm
Quote (bonnerf2 @ Mar 4 2019 06:06pm)
Pretty cool layout for a guide, fair play to you.

Contrary to what everyone seems to agree on, I think a v/t is quite underestimated in LLD (albeit Ive only ever seen 2 people use them well). I have a few more swaps than you suggest which helps, and I went for damage jewels rather than sols but I suck on a vt anyways hehe.

If no hard point prayer (ie europe) how do you suggest getting medi? Sure a 3/3 scepter with medi would be nice, but without would you sacrifice a lower foh/conv for it? Have insight for certain matchups? Ditch bfist for frostburn?

The swap scepter do you go for a 5foh/conv war scepter for a low str build or have you tried a divine honor (maybe with a damage armor) to get some charge damage? Also, I presume you use solely life/mana scs if low str but perhaps mixed with some max/ar/lifers for a higher str build?

A few pointers on common matchups might help some people (and round out your guide a bit).

PS you spelled price and vigor and damage wrong.

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it ,regarding your question for EU you must rely in gear to provide the medi, it's sad. V/T vs V/T there should be some flexibility regarding that format.

The foh/conv scepter with low strength requirements is better for me , having to stat for a devine is costly and not as rewarding as people imagine it to be. You get plenty of damage from charge with 35% crushing blow in my opinion.

For charms I use a small mixture of life mana scs, strength resistance lc, and different variations of 15 health small charms. I use a strength bug inventory. Helps vs V/T duels and other 1vs1 match ups, it can provide the element of surprise.

For most match ups you could start foh/conv, charge your way around your opponent and toggle meditation to continuously chip them with foh/conv. A 1+ to Paladin amy can help reach a better radius for conv.

For some matches you can charge directly towards your opponent but not directly on them. This requires a good amount of reads and predictions.

Smite between when you get the opportunity if you get close to them. Dont try to lock them and exchange damage. Hit them a few times and charge away, if you get a cast on amp aggro them as much as possible with out over extending. Most opponents will flee/run once amp'd. Take this time to punish them with foh/conv or recover some mana with meditation.

There are several ways to pilot V/T. I couldn't name them all but there are some clear matches you will struggle to win (ranged casters and whirlwind barbs).

I enjoy V/T vs V/T it's similar to chess. The frames, mechanics and plays are very fast paced and can be very unforgiving on miss plays. It takes a good amount of skill to play a effective V/T. Being that its a relatively cheap class, i hope to inspire more V/T game play.

This post was edited by danzeva on Mar 4 2019 08:17pm
Gold: 5,495.69
Mar 4 2019 08:30pm
Thanks! Another euro question, no hard point prayer means either vigor on scepter (and thus no medi), vigor from tearhaunch (bye bye cb) or just charge without vigor and synch less. Thoughts? Im guessing it has to be the last of them.

Also, to elaborate on your str bug setup, is there much of a point? To get any kind of full bug Im guessing you need to str bug a scepter and dex bug a knout, not to mention shields (im on a phone so dont want to look up all str reqs)? Seems like you would sacrifice quite a bit if you want to maintain gear flexibility. If you only bug one side then it becomes quite easy to tell what swap they are on?

As for divine, personally I find it worth it for sure but then again my char has benefited from being able to gather gear for a few years so can get a lot of stats from gear. Probably not as viable for a new build.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic