d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Slow Pc Startup
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 902.00
Mar 3 2019 01:33pm
Hi,

Before this week when i pressed the power button, it would not take long before the pc was at the windows screen.
But for some reason this is changed, and it takes forever before the pc start to boot?
I'm not talking about windows, that timing is normal. Its the initial starting before windows thats taking long.

I checked in my bootprogram/bios, and i reset my starting device to SSD (which was normally set to SSD but somehow changed to DVD??) but it has no result..

Are there more things i can check?
Gold: 110.00
Mar 3 2019 01:39pm
You mean your boot order was changed?

It's not uncommon to boot to cd/dvd first unless you had changed this before.

CD/DVD
Removeable Drives
Internal HDD/SSD
Network

Is fairly standard, are you getting a splash screen before loading into windows, and if so how long does it stay on screen?
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2019 05:40pm
Update bios, made a big difference for me.
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 3 2019 06:08pm
Quote (BrokeDude @ Mar 3 2019 02:33pm)
Hi,

Before this week when i pressed the power button, it would not take long before the pc was at the windows screen.
But for some reason this is changed, and it takes forever before the pc start to boot?
I'm not talking about windows, that timing is normal. Its the initial starting before windows thats taking long.

I checked in my bootprogram/bios, and i reset my starting device to SSD (which was normally set to SSD but somehow changed to DVD??) but it has no result..

Are there more things i can check?

Make sure you set the right setting to SSD first.

In some BIOS there is a one time setting AND a different every time setting.
Gold: 110.00
Mar 4 2019 11:44am
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 3 2019 08:08pm)
Make sure you set the right setting to SSD first.

In some BIOS there is a one time setting AND a different every time setting.

I actually had to set BIOS passwords on my end users years ago because they would go in a screw with this stuff all the time. These weren't computer savvy, dev users or anything...it would be Jill from accounting who thought she could "add more threads to the sockets ram drive" (Actual quote from years ago)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 5 2019 11:51pm
Check your core temps on your cpu if it's running hot it will slow down. This can contribute to a poor start up. If so try reapplying thermal paste and cleaning dust out of case/fans.

It's a long shot because it usually takes time for heat to build, but not impssoible.

Anyways goodluck.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll