d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Black Desert > Offering Help To Na Players
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 65.20
Mar 2 2019 05:30am
Hey all,

Vet player here with some free time since I hit my AP goal for the week. I can offer guidance or answer any questions for anything that may be frustrating when learning the game.

https://i.imgur.com/c42967I.png

My gear ATM, I also life skill and have a 323 Contribution empire with Metal Ores and Calpheon Timber Crates going.

https://i.imgur.com/z4fbTUb.png

Feel free to hit me up with any questions ~
Gold: 3,902.50
Mar 3 2019 07:40am
Nice gear izumi, you must've reached 100 points quite often

This post was edited by Vongola on Mar 3 2019 07:40am
Mar 3 2019 07:05pm
Quote (Vongola @ Mar 3 2019 08:40am)
Nice gear izumi, you must've reached 100 points quite often

Indeed I did, I saw a lot of friends come and go for good times and bad times but in the end still a fun journey!
Gold: 98,274.18
Mar 10 2019 09:48pm
Hey! I'm actually just getting started with the game and feeling pretty overwhelmed.. not sure what, at all, to focus on other than simple questing and leveling up.

I'm making a sorc, and after watching a few beginner videos I understand that connecting nodes and working on a 'worker empire' is important to start early on. Not really sure what connecting nodes does, or which to connect, as it feels like there are so many and I have so few contribution points. Are there better nodes to connect and save my contribution points for, or should I just start investing them at every node I come across? Similar with workers.. are there good areas to build these 'empires?' From what I can tell, you basically create workers to harvest random things like potatoes, etc. that you then just sell on the MP to make money? Are there specific things I should focus on setting up to harvest? Really confused at how the whole node and worker system works, any clarity you could provide on my questions and general help would be great!

Thanks!
Mar 11 2019 09:37am
Quote (xanadue @ Mar 10 2019 10:48pm)
Hey! I'm actually just getting started with the game and feeling pretty overwhelmed.. not sure what, at all, to focus on other than simple questing and leveling up.

I'm making a sorc, and after watching a few beginner videos I understand that connecting nodes and working on a 'worker empire' is important to start early on. Not really sure what connecting nodes does, or which to connect, as it feels like there are so many and I have so few contribution points. Are there better nodes to connect and save my contribution points for, or should I just start investing them at every node I come across? Similar with workers.. are there good areas to build these 'empires?' From what I can tell, you basically create workers to harvest random things like potatoes, etc. that you then just sell on the MP to make money? Are there specific things I should focus on setting up to harvest? Really confused at how the whole node and worker system works, any clarity you could provide on my questions and general help would be great!

Thanks!

Hey there!

Glad you decided to give BDO a try as it's something different than the rest with its own set of pros and cons. With that said there definitely is always a overwhelming feeling when playing this game as you are not forced to do anything other than what the Black Spirit quest tell you to do. The one thing I would always recommend is working on your contribution points as that is a gift that keeps on giving. You'll be able to expand your worker system to gather specific set of resources or whatever you want depending on your focus on the Central Market. I'll discuss that later on. A popular early way to work on your contribution points is through cooking, a site I followed that gave me a general idea of what types and where they were was https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/1495/bdo-guide-farming-contribution-points-and-silver-with-simple-cooking. I also use this site http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo to find the shortest contribution point route to a specific node which is important when you're first starting off. I mass cooked beer till I was around 300 contribution points then I tried to get all the metal nodes across the world to make crates for trading which depending on where you make the crates sell for more, so most desirable place at the moment is Grana and is subject to change depending on region expansions as back then Trent was the place to be which is where I used to make metal crates from. The term empire really comes from having workers gathering and doing something from every region, Calpheon, Balenos,Serendia and turning those gathered mats into gains through cooking, gathering or even selling as is for straight profit which I wouldn't recommend yet as people are still hoarding mats until the life skilling tools come out which will make it easier to process these mats even faster which is truly when the prices will change for a lot of these mats we gather with our workers. Mediah has the lowest return for worker/time invested according to a lot of people so I didn't list it but I still have workers gathering there as well with Valencia people argue that the mats gained for the contribution points isn't worth it but I keep mine going while I grind or do other stuff throughout the day and it doesn't seem too bad.

That all being said, with this new patch things are different because of the auction house to central market change causing people to blow all their silver and selling items that they were holding for min price affecting the market negatively for life skillers who were doing things for profit. However, things are available for all categories from boss items to accessories to even mats needed to craft specific tools so starting off now is a great time to join this market as anything you'll need it will more than likely be posted now. Right now I would recommend grinding to level 50 and following the black spirit quest as the free gear given now will make you strong enough to handle the new dark rifts which spawn randomly now for everyone which contain random golden accessories which will be required later or you could even sell to start up faster. Doing all the quests and talking to all the npcs will help with your contribution/energy which you can then turn around and work on your worker empire overtime like I did which was to park an alt at a worker manager and I bought Professional quality to Artisan workers over time instead of camping the market registration where people sell workers (You might have better luck buying them now). I know you said you made a Sorcerer which the class is awesome (Join the Discord if you haven't) to answer your question in full there really isn't a best thing at the moment to focus so start with working on your contribution/energy with doing all the quest and when you've got a good grip on things you can then start branching out your workers to other regions and having a daily routine which I can tell you what mine was early. (This is assuming you don't grind at all and are focusing on the Life skill side of things which is a fine way to play when starting off I personally grind a lot and it's profitable now more than ever because of raw silver being able to buy so much but remember contribution points go a long way and opens up the map for you to gain passive silver income.

Daily Routine - Login with lifeskill character use energy pool to gather water till my gathering level was high enough to use the better tools then I went to gather Rough Stone and Logs to make better Cooking Utensils so I could make more Beer. Login second character level 50+ start Calpheon dailies or other daily quest in the area for more contribution points.
Daily Routine with More CP - Login with character use energy pool to gather blood/meat to make alchemy potions. Camp auction house for mats to make with gathered blood/meats.

(Edit: I also afk a lot and have done afk fishing as means to make money when I first started out to buy gear, not sure if you're a fan of leaving your computer running but I invested in inventory slots and a +'d up Balenos rod and afk fished for the relics and sold em when I wasn't actively grinding.)

Resources
http://dulfy.net/2016/04/13/black-desert-calpheon-contribution-dallies-guide/ - Good way for contribution points when starting off
https://saarith.com/bdo-workers-guide/ - Explains Workers and the different tiers and what the skills do (From what I remember all I cared about was +3 ore or +3timber crate making and all the thrifty skills A,B,C when keeping/selecting workers)
http://dulfy.net/2016/08/10/black-desert-imperial-trading-guide/ - Explains Imperial Trading
http://www.incendar.com/imperialcookingalchemyfishing.php - if you want to dabble into Imperial trading this site provides prices as it's an alternate way to make money (Not sure if profitable anymore as I stopped doing it last year)

This post was edited by Senan on Mar 11 2019 09:46am
Gold: 98,274.18
Mar 11 2019 12:20pm
Thanks for all of that.. really helpful! Going to take things one step at a time but will definitely keep referring to this and the links you shared. Thanks again!
Gold: 19,941.00
Mar 16 2019 11:38pm
how do i get into manup ecks dee?
Gold: 184.00
Mar 19 2019 10:45pm
im in manup aswell. wasnt expecting to see another member on theese forums lel
Gold: 78,883.89
Mar 20 2019 07:32am
Yes show us all how to get into manup ;)
Tet narcs over tet tungrad?
Gold: 3,902.50
Mar 23 2019 03:03pm
Quote (Midget @ Mar 20 2019 01:32pm)
Yes show us all how to get into manup ;)
Tet narcs over tet tungrad?

Tet tungrad 1st
Tet narc 2nd choice
Go Back To Black Desert Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll