TL:DR at bottom, albeit ironic to include one.
As a teen I read many books/series, mostly fiction. The last series that I officially read was some 6 years ago ; RA salvatore's Spider Queen Series.
After reading many wizard/magic sword/mythical series' in the past, I really didn't feel compelled to read any others after Salvatore's.
I also had no interest in history/nonfiction , which has changed in recent years.
And so, the past few years I've off and on read many non-fiction books, neglecting fiction altogether.
This changed in the past 2-3 weeks, when I learned that one of my favorite teen sagas was adapted to a movie.
[ Seventh Son , which I've heard the storyline of the book was largely trampled on. I plan to watch it today and be my own judge]
Well, I've begun to re-read the series, and it definitely stood the test of time for me.
However, I've realized that I will finish the series relatively fast because it's penned for a younger audience.
And because it's been quite a while since I've read fiction, I'm lost on where to go next.
What are some great Adult Fiction novels or series ? Any recommendations are welcome
The bullet points below are just general things about my reading preference.
* Not necessarily looking for a romance or sci-fi story.
* Horror elements are a plus (witch covens, plauges, ghosts, etc. )
* Metaphysical is a plus
* Nature themes are a plus, including "lost at sea" books. ( Loved Gary Paulsen as a young reader, and "A Land Remembered" sticks out in my head as well )
* Single narrator or third person/omniscient is preferred.
* Historical/cultural themes are a plus. (i.e. "Lay That Trumpet In Our Hands" , "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas")
Thanks in advance everyone. Will track topic.