d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Scabies
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 56.00
Feb 28 2019 12:33am
Quote (Odell @ Feb 26 2019 01:45pm)
change your bed sheets. shower once a day.

Showering doesn't get rid of them, sheets changed every week. I already shower daily

Quote (Greater @ Feb 23 2019 07:17am)
Possible if you're living in a hostel.

I don't want to pass judgement, but why you in a hosteL?

Travelling the world la
Feb 28 2019 12:35am
Quote (squal54 @ Feb 21 2019 03:16am)
Any chance it's bed bugs?

No, that's what I first thought, but too many bites on fingers, and the bites aren't in a line, they're sporadic. Also got like 5 bites on my dick which makes me look like I've got an STD. (Got checked 3 weeks ago I'm clean, but it's awks shagging sloots trying to explain what these raised bumps are on my dick :(
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 28 2019 10:36am
Quote (turtol @ 28 Feb 2019 02:35)
No, that's what I first thought, but too many bites on fingers, and the bites aren't in a line, they're sporadic. Also got like 5 bites on my dick which makes me look like I've got an STD. (Got checked 3 weeks ago I'm clean, but it's awks shagging sloots trying to explain what these raised bumps are on my dick :(

rofl. any sloot that still gets it has something wrong with her. that's too risky
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2019 05:11pm
If you actually had scabies you would be quarantined. Idk why you would take the word of some pharmacist over two doctors. It’s more than likely you are just fking gross
Gold: 23.00
Feb 28 2019 07:43pm
I got scabies in college from a whore.

The cream took a while to get rid of it but I caught it early.
Gold: 2,685.00
Mar 9 2019 09:27am
Quote (turtol @ Feb 20 2019 08:16pm)
Been to 2 doctors ($100/15 minutes each) first one 6 weeks ago told me it was an allergic reaction, 2nd said dermatitis. Both were wrong, went to the pharmacy and she said it was scabies. Had the blistery spots on my hands feet and bites on my legs arms genitals waist area. Put the cream on 2 nights ago, washed everything (living in a hostel though) but now 2 days later it seems to be getting worse, I've got like 3x as many bite marks, and getting the pussy kinda bite spots on my hands again, is this normal for the healing process or are they back? I read you can't apply the cream more than 1x a week as it's really bad for your skin, is this just my body pushing out all the faeces and dead mite bodies? It literally looks like I'm getting hives on my arms. The itching has gone down a bit overnight and I'm not waking up itching like crazy at 7am everyday

To be honest usually a pharmacist shouldn't make that specific a statement (I am not aware of a state where pharmacists can diagnose), but let's assume the pharmacist was right . . . the healing process can take several weeks, while the body has an ongoing allergic or pseudo-allergic reaction to the mites. Allergic reaction to scabies is relatively common, but any new "bites" about 24 hours post-treatment would likely indicate the treatment was not fully effective.

As scabies can live without a host for a few days, it is generally recommended that bedding, clothing, etc. be washed and dried on hot or sealed in plastic for a week (to ensure they die) to avoid re-contamination if they are in your environment. They don't live particularly long without a host.

Sometimes you do have to reapply the medication, depending if the scabies were all exposed to the cream, how well it was applied, and if you may have become reinfected from your environment--follow the minimum interval on the bottle.

Quote (squal54 @ Feb 21 2019 04:16am)
Any chance it's bed bugs?

Quote (LolV @ Feb 21 2019 04:45am)
Scabies leaves track marks.

Quote (Greater @ Feb 23 2019 08:17am)
Possible if you're living in a hostel.

I don't want to pass judgement, but why you in a hosteL?

Bedbugs do tend to leave a different type of bite and bedbug bites are often a set of bites in a line due to how they feed. Bed bugs are on the rise, too, since there are treatment resistant strains around, and while the same cream (assuming permethrin) would likely kill both, bed bugs would not be in contact with the cream with enough regularity to be killed. Home infestations, hotels, etc. are all on the rise, so it doesn't mean the place is dirty if there was an infestation.

Quote (hoipolloi @ Feb 21 2019 11:06am)
Your diet is seriously terrible or you have an absorption issue if it's scabies

Not scurvy...

Quote (Odell @ Feb 26 2019 02:45pm)
change your bed sheets. shower once a day.

They live under the skin; that won't get rid of them, though it is a good idea to change the sheets as above and shower the day after applying the cream, to avoid another infestation.

Quote (Succ @ Feb 28 2019 05:11pm)
If you actually had scabies you would be quarantined. Idk why you would take the word of some pharmacist over two doctors. It’s more than likely you are just fking gross

Nope. None of this is true... :blink:
You could consider reapplying at the right interval, and it may not be a bad idea to bring the idea of scabies to a doc if it doesn't clear up or get a referral to a dermatologist.

Hope this helps!
Mar 9 2019 10:12am
Quote (sven00100 @ Mar 9 2019 08:27am)
To be honest usually a pharmacist shouldn't make that specific a statement (I am not aware of a state where pharmacists can diagnose), but let's assume the pharmacist was right . . . the healing process can take several weeks, while the body has an ongoing allergic or pseudo-allergic reaction to the mites. Allergic reaction to scabies is relatively common, but any new "bites" about 24 hours post-treatment would likely indicate the treatment was not fully effective.

As scabies can live without a host for a few days, it is generally recommended that bedding, clothing, etc. be washed and dried on hot or sealed in plastic for a week (to ensure they die) to avoid re-contamination if they are in your environment. They don't live particularly long without a host.

Sometimes you do have to reapply the medication, depending if the scabies were all exposed to the cream, how well it was applied, and if you may have become reinfected from your environment--follow the minimum interval on the bottle.

Bedbugs do tend to leave a different type of bite and bedbug bites are often a set of bites in a line due to how they feed. Bed bugs are on the rise, too, since there are treatment resistant strains around, and while the same cream (assuming permethrin) would likely kill both, bed bugs would not be in contact with the cream with enough regularity to be killed. Home infestations, hotels, etc. are all on the rise, so it doesn't mean the place is dirty if there was an infestation.

Not scurvy...

They live under the skin; that won't get rid of them, though it is a good idea to change the sheets as above and shower the day after applying the cream, to avoid another infestation.

Nope. None of this is true... :blink:
You could consider reapplying at the right interval, and it may not be a bad idea to bring the idea of scabies to a doc if it doesn't clear up or get a referral to a dermatologist.

Hope this helps!

Been reinfested 3 times since my first treatment >:( found a place to move out to in 2 days. I reckon put literally everything through the wash on high heat, seal up the rest in my backpack, and reapply the scabie cream just to make sure. (Put it on just last night)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll