d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > [trade Forums] Active Users Vs. Time Of Day Graph
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,290.00
Feb 15 2019 05:43pm
Since returning to d2jsp I often find myself waiting to bump topics in the trade forums until there are more active users.
It takes some time to know when is the most popular time, though, and quite possibly I never see the busiest times (living on East coast and playing West realm).

Having a graph of time of day vs. median active user; showing historical data (for, say, the last week) would be helpful here.

I imagine that data is already being stored, adding a small visual representation to individual trade forums (ie, next to the search bar) isn't much of a stretch.
Kind of like how Google Maps shows business visitor traffic vs. time of day.
Gold: 2,211.60
Feb 15 2019 05:56pm
There is also the aspect of it that if u bump a topic when there is little activity, your thread remains visible for a longer time.
Gold: 44.69
Feb 22 2019 11:43am
Quote (TidsL @ 15 Feb 2019 19:56)
There is also the aspect of it that if u bump a topic when there is little activity, your thread remains visible for a longer time.

this
also just look at bottom of trading forum says how many active users on there,and to do this for each section would require alot of work,he probably only has data for the whole site not subforums
just bump your post every 4 hours,plenty of exposure there and also maybe consider splitting up you list if its large and leave links to the others in your seprate post eg
one post is runes and uniques and has a link to your runewords and anni/torch shop and vice versa then you can have your post up every 2 hours
just dont see how this can really be helpful for a active trader,watch your subforum for a week and you could easliy figure this out yourself
for example i know us east subforum is active heavily 5pm-1 am and very dead 1am-8 am and 8am-5pm is semi active
add a poll!
Gold: 10,290.00
Feb 22 2019 06:15pm
Quote (TidsL @ Feb 15 2019 06:56pm)

Quote (Tittys @ Feb 22 2019 12:43pm)
this
also just look at bottom of trading forum says how many active users on there,and to do this for each section would require alot of work,he probably only has data for the whole site not subforums
just bump your post every 4 hours,plenty of exposure there and also maybe consider splitting up you list if its large and leave links to the others in your seprate post eg
one post is runes and uniques and has a link to your runewords and anni/torch shop and vice versa then you can have your post up every 2 hours
just dont see how this can really be helpful for a active trader,watch your subforum for a week and you could easliy figure this out yourself
for example i know us east subforum is active heavily 5pm-1 am and very dead 1am-8 am and 8am-5pm is semi active
add a poll!

I think of what TidsL said as an argument for, not against, this idea.
Whether you use the data to pick out peaks or valleys in the active user graph, it's still useful.

The data definitely exists for sub-forums, since it's exposed at the bottom of the thread list.
Whether Paul persists this data is the question, but I would be very surprised if this forum didn't track/persist that data (and more).

My point is that your 5pm might be different than mine. Maybe I will never see how many people are online at 5pm on East, without starting a conversation with someone that could check.. this isn't true, just commenting.
I started up on West again, and live in EST. Without manually tracking the active users while I'm online, I can't tell whether I should switch to the East realm.

If this is a significant effort, you're right, maybe this isn't the best use of Paul's time. But I personally would use this feature right now.
I'll hold off on posting a poll since it looks like it starts a new topic. Maybe I'll make a mock up at some point and start a poll.

Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll