d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > November 3, 2020 Topic > 2020 Election Stuff
Prev1282930313239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 24 2019 04:35pm
Quote (fender @ 25 Jun 2019 00:21)
ikr? it's much better to bury everyone with crushing debt to avoid this imaginary extreme scenario from happening during the relatively short transitioning period. better punish all students for eternity - at least it's not 'communism'.
your 'logic' and your talking points strongly suggest that you never had to think about student debt. good for you i guess...

jeeez...

isnt it really simple and something we all should be able to agree on?

first: current tuition rates are way too high, and in no way shape or form justified. the ridiculousness of the college costs are the root of the student debt problem.
second: those students who worked hard in their side jobs while on college should ceteris parisbus come out of college in a better financial position than those who spent their time partying nonstop. this is the only just outcome. nullifying all student debt would benefit those students who behaved less responsibly during college more than those who worked their butts off. therefore, it would not be fair to do that.

therefore, the only just way forward that I see is to waive a flat amount of every college student's debt.

for example, we could waive a flat amount equal to 50% of the average tuition of a degree. so if the average degree costs, say, $100k in tuition, every graduate is forgiven up to $50k of his student debt. a graduate who worked hard and left his law program with only $60k in debt will see almost all his debt removed, while the partying student will get a big breather, but still sit on a sizeable chunk of debt.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 24 2019 04:36pm
Gold: 9,106.00
Jun 24 2019 05:18pm
Quote (fender @ Jun 24 2019 03:21pm)
ikr? it's much better to bury everyone with crushing debt to avoid this imaginary extreme scenario from happening during the relatively short transitioning period. better punish all students for eternity - at least it's not 'communism'.
your 'logic' and your talking points strongly suggest that you never had to think about student debt. good for you i guess...

Yes I thought about it. That’s why both degrees I have I worked as I went to school. That’s why I saved every penny for school. That’s why I’m getting a graduate degree now and I have most of the cost of the degree saved.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 24 2019 05:19pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 24 2019 05:25pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 24 2019 07:18pm)
Yes I thought about it. That’s why both degrees I have I worked as I went to school. That’s why I saved every penny for school. That’s why I’m getting a graduate degree now and I have most of the cost of the degree saved.

Well aren't you the regular little troublemaker. Doing things the way you're supposed to. :D

/e You're gonna give fender... nachtmares. :lol:

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 24 2019 05:26pm
Gold: 57.00
Jun 24 2019 06:09pm
Quote (fender @ 24 Jun 2019 18:21)

we know your ancestors punished the successful through violent means and then socialized their assets to build a war machine. we aren’t tryna do that here got it fender aka heinrich von goebbels?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 24 2019 06:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 25 Jun 2019 00:18)

it's really funny how every time an idiotic talking point gets destroyed, the one who made it has some (likely made up) anecdotal 'evidence' they think supports their stupid narrative.

even if your little story were true (and your lack of critical thinking and basic logic skills clearly suggests you don't have an academic background), it's still a terrible 'argument' against student debt relief, which concerns both 'lazy' (or those who picked a difficult and time intensive field of study that does not allow for 30 hour work weeks) students and those that picked subjects that allowed for that much time to work.

hacky fear mongering about 'communism' (you might want to look up what that actually means) is not an argument, you're just exposing your ignorance...
Gold: 57.00
Jun 25 2019 05:32pm

multi-millionaire racist candidate who pretends to be a minority says “to hell everyone who immigrated legally”
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 25 2019 05:44pm
Quote (excellence @ 26 Jun 2019 01:32)
https://i.imgur.com/IqniYr1.png

multi-millionaire racist candidate who pretends to be a minority says “to hell everyone who immigrated legally”

:rofl:

Trump will wipe the floor with any (D) candidate who endorses open borders....
Gold: 10,655.00
Jul 3 2019 05:57am
Biden's support from black voters cut in half after debate: Reuters/Ipsos poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/bidens-support-from-black-voters-cut-in-half-after-debate-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1TY1AM

Democrat Buttigieg proposes expanded national service plan to unify country

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-buttigieg-service/democrat-buttigieg-proposes-expanded-national-service-plan-to-unify-country-idUSKCN1TY1DO

Buttigieg said that if elected president, he would seek to fund existing federal and AmeriCorps organizations to immediately increase available service opportunities to 250,000 positions, especially targeting high school students and others aged 16 to 24.

He said that by 2026, he would also quadruple the number of service opportunities to a million high school graduates.

That would involve establishing new service corps, including a Climate Corps, Community Health Corps and Intergenerational Service Corps, all of which would be overseen by a new chief service officer who would be part of the White House National Security Council and Domestic Policy Council.

Departing advisers urged John Hickenlooper to quit White House race: source

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-hickenlooper/departing-advisers-urged-john-hickenlooper-to-quit-white-house-race-source-idUSKCN1TX2NF

(Reuters) - Five senior advisers are leaving the 2020 U.S. presidential campaign of Democrat John Hickenlooper after staff urged the former Colorado governor to quit the race as his fundraising flounders, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

Presidential hopeful Booker vows to end 'moral vandalism' of Trump immigration policy

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-booker/presidential-hopeful-booker-vows-to-end-moral-vandalism-of-trump-immigration-policy-idUSKCN1TX16L

(Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker would “virtually eliminate immigration detention” if elected, his campaign said on Tuesday, including ending the use of for-profit detention facilities and minimizing the time unaccompanied children spend in custody.

/e Almost forgot the CNN crap...

https://www.cnn.com/specials/politics/2020-election-coverage

/ee

https://www.270towin.com/polls/2020-presidential-election/

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 3 2019 06:08am
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 3 2019 06:42am
Quote (fender @ Jun 24 2019 05:21pm)

What it really is, is a wealth transfer from the non-college educated to the educated. In other words, is this is stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

Your "logic" clearly indicates you have never given a thought to the consequences of actions.
Gold: 1,000.00
Jul 3 2019 06:50am
Quote (fender @ Jun 24 2019 07:21pm)
it's really funny how every time an idiotic talking point gets destroyed, the one who made it has some (likely made up) anecdotal 'evidence' they think supports their stupid narrative.

even if your little story were true (and your lack of critical thinking and basic logic skills clearly suggests you don't have an academic background), it's still a terrible 'argument' against student debt relief, which concerns both 'lazy' (or those who picked a difficult and time intensive field of study that does not allow for 30 hour work weeks) students and those that picked subjects that allowed for that much time to work.

hacky fear mongering about 'communism' (you might want to look up what that actually means) is not an argument, you're just exposing your ignorance...

Continue to make excuses for young adults to be lazy....no associates or bachelor degree makes it impossible to work

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1282930313239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll