d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Is This Twitter Oppressing Conservatives? > Is This Twitter Oppressing Conservatives
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,525.35
Feb 14 2019 04:09pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 14 2019 04:17pm)
Because you only care about content that is angry and hateful towards the left.

I like content that criticizes leftism among other things.
That isn't the same as 'only' liking 'angry and hateful' content.

hes literally a comedian.
Dave Smith and Michael malice's podcasts aren't hateful and angry either, not that being hateful and angry aren't justified.
Ron Paul's content isnt hateful either.

You put that on display every day by being nothing here but another Helical that uses more words
:rolleyes:

yep lump me in with your caricatured idea of an alt-righter

No matter how many times you want to smear and dismiss people, there is a ton of validity to criticizing the insanity and immorality of the left and aspiring for more liberty.

You know who pays the price for an angry alcoholic that is tucked away in the isolation their father has created in the woods by burning all the bridges with friends and spends all day in the toxic environment of hate politics while his mental health declines?

His young children

That's who will pay the price when eventually the daily escalation towards to his family that are in the house with him while he gets egged on by fans that only want to see a guy hate on the left at all costs

He is going to end up harming himself and/or those kids and his wife if he doesn't get his anger/alcoholism/and mental health issues treated

I watch his content multiple times a week and I'm not alone in these thoughts, many of his own fans have been questioning his health and behavior and he himself has even shut down the concerns multiple times over the last chunk of months, denial

Like I said, yes there are some concerns.
Looking back, joking when you brought it up wasn't a great way to respond. It was a negative reaction to a negative portrayal of someone i like.

Yes there definitely could be negative repercussions for his family out of this whole ordeal.
I dont think that calling him mentally ill and ending support for his content will remove the problems, nor is it accurate to claim it has nothing to do with the political situation.

Instead of criticizing the lunacy and repression of the left you try to demonize those who like him and blame him and his fans for the results of leftist harassment and deplatforming campaigns and i dont appreciate that.
I dont like that when someone posts his great content you write him off as mentally ill and in spiraling decline.
Further isolating him and smearing him isn't going to help. I don't know how this is going to end up for him, but he still makes some good content and was just on tour.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 15 2019 07:34am
BioFuel got bodied
Gold: 285.00
Feb 15 2019 09:18am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 14 2019 05:09pm)
I like content that criticizes leftism among other things.
That isn't the same as 'only' liking 'angry and hateful' content.

hes literally a comedian.
Dave Smith and Michael malice's podcasts aren't hateful and angry either, not that being hateful and angry aren't justified.
Ron Paul's content isnt hateful either.

:rolleyes:

yep lump me in with your caricatured idea of an alt-righter

No matter how many times you want to smear and dismiss people, there is a ton of validity to criticizing the insanity and immorality of the left and aspiring for more liberty.

Like I said, yes there are some concerns.
Looking back, joking when you brought it up wasn't a great way to respond. It was a negative reaction to a negative portrayal of someone i like.

Yes there definitely could be negative repercussions for his family out of this whole ordeal.
I dont think that calling him mentally ill and ending support for his content will remove the problems, nor is it accurate to claim it has nothing to do with the political situation.

Instead of criticizing the lunacy and repression of the left you try to demonize those who like him and blame him and his fans for the results of leftist harassment and deplatforming campaigns and i dont appreciate that.
I dont like that when someone posts his great content you write him off as mentally ill and in spiraling decline.
Further isolating him and smearing him isn't going to help. I don't know how this is going to end up for him, but he still makes some good content and was just on tour.

Ron Paul's newsletters were kinda hateful.
Feb 15 2019 05:23pm
Conservatives are oppressed by everybody just asked them.

Gold: 0.00
Feb 17 2019 12:37pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 14 2019 09:54pm)
Its possible he has some shit going on, but Owen's relative isolation and temperament is definitely not 'unrelated' to his political beliefs and leftists targeting him for deplatforming.

Some people lose their balls and go on apology tours over non-offenses but he is taking the other route and drawing a line in the sand and standing up for what is right in a world of PC losers and those quick to smear non-leftists (like Beowulf). Commendable.
Refusing to obey your PC culture is not mental illness. Saying 'bad words' is not a mental illness. Opposing child abuse is not a mental illness. Writing him off as mentally ill is bullshit.

Isn't Twitter a business that can decide who they provide a platform for?

This post was edited by BrendanSchaub on Feb 17 2019 12:37pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Feb 17 2019 01:15pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 15 2019 06:23pm)
Conservatives are oppressed by everybody just asked them.

No, minorities are. Someone on the news told me so
Feb 17 2019 01:19pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Feb 17 2019 02:15pm)
No, minorities are. Someone on the news told me so

I wouldn't know I don't consume those commodities.
Gold: 2,617.52
Feb 17 2019 01:19pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 17 2019 02:19pm)
I wouldn't know I don't consume those commodities.

that's like trump telling me he doesn't love big macs after gaining 7 lbs
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll