d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Locker Room Eggs
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 13 2019 08:21pm
To begin, I don’t do pre/post workout powders and I don’t trust bro-tien bars because I think the amount of unnatural crap in them will give people ass cancer in the future.

So here is my situation:

Alright so after I lift I typically eat a peanut butter sandwich (one piece of oat bread folded over) in the locker room before showering and getting ready to go to work. Some people I tell outside of the gym think it’s weird, but no one seems to mind since it really doesn’t bother anyone and I’m obviously not an asshole about it and don’t do shit like leave crumbs all over or smear peanut butter on the benches or something. I’m thinking of dropping some weight and dropping these sandwiches and would like to consume hard boiled eggs after the gym but want to do it before the shower for immediate gainz. I’m thinking it may be a bad idea because after two hours of sitting unrefridgerated in my locker it’s going to smell pretty bad. Bad for my suit and even if I keep it air-tight, really bad for those around me when I open that container.

Maybe I should just freeze peanutbutter balls instead?

TL/DR: hard boiled eggs smell like shit after sitting for 2 hours in a locker room
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2019 08:45pm
Do a bison bar or something, best thing for your body post workout is protein, not fats and carbs.
Gold: 8,743.00
Feb 14 2019 02:29am
bring a tupperware with one of those little frozen plastic peices that help keep your food cold? theyre pretty effective.

and theres hardly anything unnatural about your whey protein, and most "brotein" bars just look at your ingredients... some are better than others.
Feb 14 2019 04:30am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 13 Feb 2019 22:45)
Do a bison bar or something, best thing for your body post workout is protein, not fats and carbs.

Quote (yostraydog @ 14 Feb 2019 04:29)
bring a tupperware with one of those little frozen plastic peices that help keep your food cold? theyre pretty effective.

and theres hardly anything unnatural about your whey protein, and most "brotein" bars just look at your ingredients... some are better than others.

Hmmm would consider some all natural bars maybe I guess. There’s a statistics on how much protein is effective after the gym, right? Anyone know what that cap is?
Feb 14 2019 07:42am
Quote (Greater @ Feb 14 2019 10:30am)
Hmmm would consider some all natural bars maybe I guess. There’s a statistics on how much protein is effective after the gym, right? Anyone know what that cap is?

You could do 20g protein/15-20g fast carbs intraworkout. I feel best this way personally.

Than just do a normal meal after your workout
Trader: Trusted
Feb 14 2019 08:08am
Ask the gym if you can use their fridge?
Gold: 8,743.00
Feb 14 2019 01:08pm
Quote (Greater @ Feb 14 2019 05:30am)

theres little to no diminishing returns on large portions of protein, if your macro goal was say 180g of protein per day, whether you take that in over 5 meals with around 40g protein or if you take in 2 meals at 90g each.. your body composition will have almost no differing effects, do not worry about the dumb "anabolic window". your body is always in an anabolic state or a catabolic state, so long as you're not starving yourself you will always be in your "anabolic window".
Gold: 39.00
Feb 14 2019 04:15pm
Quote (Greater @ Feb 13 2019 09:21pm)
To begin, I don’t do pre/post workout powders and I don’t trust bro-tien bars because I think the amount of unnatural crap in them will give people ass cancer in the future.

So here is my situation:

Alright so after I lift I typically eat a peanut butter sandwich (one piece of oat bread folded over) in the locker room before showering and getting ready to go to work. Some people I tell outside of the gym think it’s weird, but no one seems to mind since it really doesn’t bother anyone and I’m obviously not an asshole about it and don’t do shit like leave crumbs all over or smear peanut butter on the benches or something. I’m thinking of dropping some weight and dropping these sandwiches and would like to consume hard boiled eggs after the gym but want to do it before the shower for immediate gainz. I’m thinking it may be a bad idea because after two hours of sitting unrefridgerated in my locker it’s going to smell pretty bad. Bad for my suit and even if I keep it air-tight, really bad for those around me when I open that container.

Maybe I should just freeze peanutbutter balls instead?

TL/DR: hard boiled eggs smell like shit after sitting for 2 hours in a locker room

Yes, eating in a locker room is weird as fuck and nasty. That should be obvious.

You cant wait until you leave the gym to eat? You sound like a perfectionist, an aspiring pro. But you wont do pro things like using powders, so I'm a little confused. Just keep eating in the change room.
Feb 14 2019 09:11pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 14 Feb 2019 09:42)
You could do 20g protein/15-20g fast carbs intraworkout. I feel best this way personally.

Than just do a normal meal after your workout

No need for Intraworkout; I have the energy during already. Really just trying to understand benefits of eating immediately after lifting or is that just a myth?

Quote (bjones9 @ 14 Feb 2019 10:08)
Ask the gym if you can use their fridge?

Unfortunately they don’t have a fridge.

Quote (Agent007 @ 14 Feb 2019 18:15)
Yes, eating in a locker room is weird as fuck and nasty. That should be obvious.

You cant wait until you leave the gym to eat? You sound like a perfectionist, an aspiring pro. But you wont do pro things like using powders, so I'm a little confused. Just keep eating in the change room.

Eating in the locker room being weird is already established. Never thought about being “pro.” Just enjoy lifting (and am a sucker for Chinese food so I’d be an obese fuck if I didn’t work out) and want to make the most out of it while being “natural” and not consuming powders/preworkouts. I just don’t understand the ingredients in them from a harvesting perspective. Like I understand where eggs come from, I understand where a chicken breast comes from in the natural environment, but I don’t get where I can find “glucose polymers” in nature.
Feb 14 2019 09:26pm
just jam your eggs into a camelback and suck that down between your reps
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll