d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Hair Loss
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.00
Feb 13 2019 12:21pm
24 year old right now, been losing hair since about 20 year old. Some receding but i've lost density about 50% on top. Never had nobody commenting on it but but I see more and more scalp getting out of shower. Had shitty diet for years but recently got back in the gym ( cardio +lifting) + getting overall better lifestyle ( cut down smoking, less nights out, lots of veggies+good protein) aswell as getting well hydrated.

Just wondering if any of you guys reversed or slowed down hair loss naturally? Not getting on finasteride wich can lower my libido or worse, and minoxidil wich irritate my scalp badly.

Not overweight ( 145lbs at 5.9), dad who is 67year old still has good head of hair, but lot of males relatives went bald.

Am i fucked? Any of you guys living with it?

This post was edited by TimX on Feb 13 2019 12:23pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2019 01:06pm
Quote (TimX @ Feb 13 2019 06:21pm)
24 year old right now, been losing hair since about 20 year old. Some receding but i've lost density about 50% on top. Never had nobody commenting on it but but I see more and more scalp getting out of shower. Had shitty diet for years but recently got back in the gym ( cardio +lifting) + getting overall better lifestyle ( cut down smoking, less nights out, lots of veggies+good protein) aswell as getting well hydrated.

Just wondering if any of you guys reversed or slowed down hair loss naturally? Not getting on finasteride wich can lower my libido or worse, and minoxidil wich irritate my scalp badly.

Not overweight ( 145lbs at 5.9), dad who is 67year old still has good head of hair, but lot of males relatives went bald.

I had no clue they used a bph drug to help with hair loss.

You can do implants or minoxidil, I think those are the options
Junior Moderator
Gold: 39,310.29
Trader: Trusted
Feb 13 2019 01:31pm
probably all about your name :wacko:

Quote (TimX @ 13 Feb 2019 19:21)
but lot of males relatives went bald.

pretty much this.
as long as you dont use any illegal supplements who got side effects (not gonna start to talk about them) its all about being indebted by your ancentors.
Mustn't be your father, such things often skip 1-2 generations
Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 13 2019 08:23pm
You usually get the hair of your grandfather on your mother’s side. Gl
Gold: 6.66
Feb 14 2019 04:13pm
You should give finasteride a try, though. It's one of few things that are shown to slow balding in scientific studies. Iirc the outcome is better the earlier you start using finasteride. Not everyone gets the loss in libido and i recommend not stressing it too much if you start using since stressing itself can cause loss of libido/ED, and then you won't know if it's the drug or you stressing about your sex drive. Most of the sexual dysfunction symptoms usually disappear with time in those who get them. Worth a shot definitely imo before closing the door on it if the balding bothers you. You can always discontinue usage if you get side effects. Talk with your doc about this?

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 13 2019 09:06pm)

Yeah it's legit according the the latest info we have on the matter. Not sure on how strong the effect on balding is, though.

This post was edited by Neptunus on Feb 14 2019 04:24pm
Feb 15 2019 04:40pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 13 2019 02:06pm)

DHT is responsible for secondary male sex characteristics hence why males have so much...but too much gets your prostate big and makes the hair on the top of your head fall off

Finasteride inhibits the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT (5a reductase) thus decreasing DHT lvls
Gold: 6.91
Feb 15 2019 06:00pm
I was dealing with thinning hair and a receding hair line for years. I decided to embrace it and just start shaving my head.

It's cheaper than any kind of "restoring" product you'll try and, once you get used to it, looks great on just about anyone.

Truthfully, you'll eventually end up with either a comb-over or that weird "hair on the sides but not the top," which I call the head mustache, anyway. Embrace it before you look foolish.

Good luck in your quest toward a fuller head of hair.

This post was edited by Urinal on Feb 15 2019 06:08pm
Feb 15 2019 08:08pm
On devient toute chauve un moment donner chaile pas lol
Feb 18 2019 12:43pm
I feel that there is little you can do about it. I don't believe any of the hair loss remedys work.
Others will say, hair transplant procedures, I would advise against it. When a hair transplant is done poorly, your hair looks like doll hair. It seems difficult for individuals to manipulate the similar density and pattern for hair that replicates the natural human head.

Overall. I wouldn't fret it.
I don't have any thinning or balding hair, but my brother does. Your best bet is to trim your hair short, or else the hat look is great.
I wear hats most of the time despite my hair.
You dont have to be completely bald with your cut, the shorter buzz looks great.

Additionally, facial hair can look great and offset if you have a slightly odd shaped head.
If your facial hair is sparse or not able to grow well, I would recommend a shorter facial hair style, and keeping it nicely groomed.
Patchy hair may grow in though with a longer style.

In the end, it's just hair. You get dealt the cards you get dealt unfortunately. I wouldn't worry about it.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Feb 18 2019 12:44pm
Gold: 22.00
Feb 18 2019 01:01pm
Thanks for the input guys, was wondering if anybody had success with finasteride, i know my doc advised me against it and tbh i value more my working dick than my hair so im really not sure if the risks are worth it.

As for hairstyle, im rocking buzzed side with kind of long hair on top so for now its not that apparent but i've lost so much density on top that soon it will be see through.

Quote (Pwned_Newb @ Feb 15 2019 09:08pm)
On devient toute chauve un moment donner chaile pas lol

The problem is not balding, its balding at a young age. As tu connu sa?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll