d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Flacco To Broncos
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 59,215.34
Feb 14 2019 01:28pm
Quote (Superfly_B @ Feb 14 2019 03:22pm)
there was some Corona commercial where Gruden flashes his SB ring and all the trash talk on Flacco makes me remember that. not saying either of them deserve one

Flacco 100% deserves his

that playoff run the ravens had, Flacco played near perfect football
Gold: 2,902.00
Feb 14 2019 01:36pm
Quote (Flopps @ Feb 14 2019 12:28pm)
Flacco 100% deserves his

that playoff run the ravens had, Flacco played near perfect football

right so why so much Flacco hate in here

I lost a good amount of change betting vs Balt that year
Gold: 79,366.46
Feb 14 2019 02:56pm
Quote (AmineA @ Feb 14 2019 11:39am)
FG is pixelated fake currency, it only has "value" because of nerds like you who buy in to the system. who is my boyfriend? & the value of FG doesn't go up over time? therefore it's not an investment (or at least not a good one). not surprised one of the nerdiest people on this forum trying to defend buying fg though.

I mean, I personally would never buy fg, but the fact people are willing to trade real-life items for fg makes it definitely worth something.

Like I could get a Nintendo Switch for like 40k or some shit on the real-life trading forum. Or I think you can just legally trade fg for some kind of CSGO/VGO keys, which can then be sold for cash.

So, while you may not agree with the idea of buying fg or valuing it whatsoever, fg definitely has value.

Quote (Waifu @ Feb 13 2019 10:58pm)
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-final-list-of-pffs-highest-graded-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-in-2018

pff qb rankings are extremely flawed, they do something very similar to espn's qbr which makes the rating totally unreliable.
They rank qb most subjectively of any position.

For rodgers, they talk about how he took absolutely no risks as if it was a good thing.

Their numbers are made up, just like you did with his ranking on their list.

PFF's QB rankings look at the best possible outcome of a play and then compare that against what the QB actually did. It's highly subjective. Even successful plays (like a smart, safe dump-off that gets a first down) are going to be scored negatively if there was a bigger play available. QB is probably their least-useful evaluation, especially relative to the other stats that we already have elsewhere, which collectively paint a better picture.

Really PFF became useless to me after they made premium stats cost $1.5k/year. The grades themselves don't really matter. It's subjective. Interesting stats like yards per route run, QB's passer rating /w a particular receiver, WR's stats in the slot—stats that are more quantifiable are much more useful than an aggregate grade. About the only grades I care about are OL grades (because who honestly watches what O-linemen do outside their own team). And even then, the PFF analyst is constantly making judgment calls concerning blocking responsibilities, which they cannot truly know, and they do not divvy up responsibility for negative plays fairly/evenly (like if two players fuck up, only one player gets the negative grade for that play when ideally responsibility would be split).
Gold: 166.00
Feb 14 2019 03:18pm
Quote (AmineA @ Feb 14 2019 12:05pm)
no shit, it's called dispensaries, let me brag that my state has legal weed? okay?

No
Gold: 59,215.34
Feb 14 2019 03:21pm
Quote (Superfly_B @ Feb 14 2019 03:36pm)
right so why so much Flacco hate in here

I lost a good amount of change betting vs Balt that year

H8rs
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Feb 14 2019 03:41pm
Quote (Terps @ Feb 14 2019 04:56pm)
I mean, I personally would never buy fg, but the fact people are willing to trade real-life items for fg makes it definitely worth something.

Like I could get a Nintendo Switch for like 40k or some shit on the real-life trading forum. Or I think you can just legally trade fg for some kind of CSGO/VGO keys, which can then be sold for cash.

So, while you may not agree with the idea of buying fg or valuing it whatsoever, fg definitely has value.

PFF's QB rankings look at the best possible outcome of a play and then compare that against what the QB actually did. It's highly subjective. Even successful plays (like a smart, safe dump-off that gets a first down) are going to be scored negatively if there was a bigger play available. QB is probably their least-useful evaluation, especially relative to the other stats that we already have elsewhere, which collectively paint a better picture.

Really PFF became useless to me after they made premium stats cost $1.5k/year. The grades themselves don't really matter. It's subjective. Interesting stats like yards per route run, QB's passer rating /w a particular receiver, WR's stats in the slot—stats that are more quantifiable are much more useful than an aggregate grade. About the only grades I care about are OL grades (because who honestly watches what O-linemen do outside their own team). And even then, the PFF analyst is constantly making judgment calls concerning blocking responsibilities, which they cannot truly know, and they do not divvy up responsibility for negative plays fairly/evenly (like if two players fuck up, only one player gets the negative grade for that play when ideally responsibility would be split).

Sure it has value but only to people who use d2jsp. Outstide of, it has no value, unlike say, actually IRL USD/$, which has value no matter where you are, not just on an internet forum.
Gold: 7,519.12
Feb 14 2019 03:48pm
Quote (Terps @ Feb 13 2019 11:36pm)
You guys will have him with zero guaranteed money, so if he sucks, easy cut

I can see the move then. Elway MAY be feeling pressure this season to field a competent team so I expect at least 8-9 wins this season with Flacco. Hopefully he just needs a change of environment but I always thought he was a bit overhyped. And fuck Rahim Moore seriously.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll