d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Right Key Or The Left Key > That Is The Question
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 27.37
Feb 13 2019 10:46pm
Ant guided me to the right key, unfortunately it was the left.... always the left.
Gold: 154,416.48
Feb 13 2019 10:50pm
Quote (Inspector_Gadget @ Feb 13 2019 11:46pm)
Ant guided me to the right key, unfortunately it was the left.... always the left.

Thanks for solving this problem for me.. I now know that the left key is the right key. INCEPTION!
Gold: 91,940.00
Feb 15 2019 05:30am
fucking third fail cause I went 123 D:

always pick the right key!!
Gold: 8,581.48
Feb 15 2019 05:43am
Quote (AntTheProtagonist @ Feb 14 2019 07:11am)
I am not a huge fan of paladin - yes guardian is bad but you can choose from another feeder at least lol. Everyone has to deal with Paladin.

Alchemist is the ONLY worse character class in this game.

Comparing a Guardian to an alchemist is a poor example:
1. Guardian can hold a weapon to increase physical damage and also increase heal capacity. But, it can also TANK.
2. An alchemist loses casting stat advantage because it can NOT hold any weapon, which diminishes casting and healing compared to a Warlock.

Alchemist is the worst character class in the game, even with the high intelligence stat from the start.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 15 2019 05:43am
Gold: 254,315.00
Feb 15 2019 06:02am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 15 Feb 2019 05:43)
Alchemist is the ONLY worse character class in this game.

Comparing a Guardian to an alchemist is a poor example:
1. Guardian can hold a weapon to increase physical damage and also increase heal capacity. But, it can also TANK.
2. An alchemist loses casting stat advantage because it can NOT hold any weapon, which diminishes casting and healing compared to a Warlock.

Alchemist is the worst character class in the game, even with the high intelligence stat from the start.

Hahah just because you’ve had a hard-on for guardian doesn’t mean ANYONE agrees with your assessment :rofl: would play alchemist a million times over before I wasted my time on guardian. Ant is right when he says the only reason guardian isn’t the worst is because it’s not required to progress. Any class that can use med armors is a better tank. Alchy may lose casting stats but a true caster beats a heal/tank every day of the week.
Gold: 8,581.48
Feb 15 2019 06:28am
Quote (Cheeya @ Feb 16 2019 01:02am)
Hahah just because you’ve had a hard-on for guardian doesn’t mean ANYONE agrees with your assessment :rofl: would play alchemist a million times over before I wasted my time on guardian. Ant is right when he says the only reason guardian isn’t the worst is because it’s not required to progress. Any class that can use med armors is a better tank. Alchy may lose casting stats but a true caster beats a heal/tank every day of the week.

Fair call. So, if a pure healer (Tank / Healer or Cast / Backup Healer) is needed in group, which would you take:

Guardian or Alchemist. (as we know, the Alch should be caster / backup healer) and (Guardian Tank / Backup Healer, or Tank / Main Healer)

At least a Guardian can increase his stats to improve and equal that of an alchemist because he can wield a Weapon. If a guardian held a weapon with 55 Intelligence, he is already equal to an Alchemist in healing capacity, not only that, he starts with 55 Vitality, thus, he can use less stat points towards this stat and can increase intelligence earlier than an Alchemist can... again increasing healing capacity... on top of that, the guardians abilities are all Healing abilities that help the group, and can also use heavy armor to tank damage effectively compared to the Alchemist who only wears Robes.

The Alchemist is the worst character class... if it could hold a weapon, then I would concede. Only thing is, it can NOT, hence the worst.

Gold: 101,788.85
Feb 15 2019 07:29am
I don't know why people think alchemist is "the worst", when it's not even "bad" , it's actually great... for both solo and groups. It's almost exactly the same as warlock, specially for groups.

It's very debatable if it's worth it to go for a 3d ability on warlock/alchemist in group climbs, I used to go for a few points in either pillar or pierce when I got to a point where I get better % from them, but I still can't decide if that's better or not, it must be really similar, so I ditched that and I'm only doing 2 abilities for a long time now.

I think almost everybody also use only 2 abilities on warlock - blue multicast + dark red chaos. You get a total of 17 ability points at lvl 80.

If you're doing it right, you should end up with 8 points in multicast + 9 points in chaos, which will get you to 81% multicast + 43% chaos at lvl 80. You should always put a point in the one, which gives you more % unless they are both the same.

You get a blue chaos + normal red multicast on alchemist. If you do the same thing, you'll end up with either 77% chaos + 63% multi, or 81% chaos + 59% multi, which is 16% more than what you get on warlock.

I'm counting multi and chaos as equality good abilities, at least. Of course sometimes you can get unlucky and hit very few monsters many times in a row with choas, but you might also hit the full wave many times as well, so it evens out pretty quickly.

Assuming you go 35 vita on alchemist from lvl 1, you lose your staff int - 15 throughout the whole climb. There are very few people who have a really nice unspawn int staff, or significantly higher than 50 int mq staff, so most people would end up losing between 5 and 25 int from lvl 5 - 55, and ~35 int from lvl 55 - mq. You can also easily go for 30 vita, ( or less ) specially if you have some tiny amount of life on your gear for lvl 0/5 and lose even less int at first.

I know losing ~35 int or more from your mq staff, depending on how good it is might seem like a lot, but the 12 - 16% extra ability charge compensates for a decent chunk of it.

When I had alchemist a few seasons ago I had almost the same damage I do on warlock throughout the whole climb, sometimes even outdamaging myself on warlock before lvl 55 if I did lucky chaos hits. My mq int staff is bad, but even with a 50 - 55 int staff, you should only lose 10 - 15 % of your damage compared to warlock.

Feb 15 2019 05:14pm
but after doing 10-15% less damage... which key is the correct key? cuz id rather play rogue
Gold: 433.48
Trader: Trusted
Feb 15 2019 05:23pm
Quote (Jupiter5 @ 15 Feb 2019 14:29)
I don't know why people think alchemist is "the worst", when it's not even "bad" , it's actually great... for both solo and groups. It's almost exactly the same as warlock, specially for groups.

It's very debatable if it's worth it to go for a 3d ability on warlock/alchemist in group climbs, I used to go for a few points in either pillar or pierce when I got to a point where I get better % from them, but I still can't decide if that's better or not, it must be really similar, so I ditched that and I'm only doing 2 abilities for a long time now.

I think almost everybody also use only 2 abilities on warlock - blue multicast + dark red chaos. You get a total of 17 ability points at lvl 80.
If you're doing it right, you should end up with 8 points in multicast + 9 points in chaos, which will get you to 81% multicast + 43% chaos at lvl 80. You should always put a point in the one, which gives you more % unless they are both the same.
You get a blue chaos + normal red multicast on alchemist. If you do the same thing, you'll end up with either 77% chaos + 63% multi, or 81% chaos + 59% multi, which is 16% more than what you get on warlock.
I'm counting multi and chaos as equality good abilities, at least. Of course sometimes you can get unlucky and hit very few monsters many times in a row with choas, but you might also hit the full wave many times as well, so it evens out pretty quickly.

Assuming you go 35 vita on alchemist from lvl 1, you lose your staff int - 15 throughout the whole climb. There are very few people who have a really nice unspawn int staff, or significantly higher than 50 int mq staff, so most people would end up losing between 5 and 25 int from lvl 5 - 55, and ~35 int from lvl 55 - mq. You can also easily go for 30 vita, ( or less ) specially if you have some tiny amount of life on your gear for lvl 0/5 and lose even less int at first.

I know losing ~35 int or more from your mq staff, depending on how good it is might seem like a lot, but the 12 - 16% extra ability charge compensates for a decent chunk of it.

When I had alchemist a few seasons ago I had almost the same damage I do on warlock throughout the whole climb, sometimes even outdamaging myself on warlock before lvl 55 if I did lucky chaos hits. My mq int staff is bad, but even with a 50 - 55 int staff, you should only lose 10 - 15 % of your damage compared to warlock.

i got 1 more int on alchemist than warlock at level 1, but I miss over 700 mana and 40life

at mq I miss 38int from the weapon and I cannot help at the alien mob with my melee weapon

But Alchemist is actually decent to play as a tank since you can simply healp healing and thus reducing the healtime of other party member while maintaining more dps any melee tank do (besides witht he eq we got in UA :D ) plus you can use 3 abilities with degenerate, chaos and multi
Feb 15 2019 05:31pm
Quote (Meridius @ Feb 15 2019 06:23pm)
i got 1 more int on alchemist than warlock at level 1, but I miss over 700 mana and 40life

at mq I miss 38int from the weapon and I cannot help at the alien mob with my melee weapon

But Alchemist is actually decent to play as a tank since you can simply healp healing and thus reducing the healtime of other party member while maintaining more dps any melee tank do (besides witht he eq we got in UA :D ) plus you can use 3 abilities with degenerate, chaos and multi

I've yet to use degenerate -- however my fav way to play alch is as the tank and run paraphysical along with chaos and multi
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll