d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Objectives > Am I Doing It Right?
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,672.68
Feb 12 2019 02:02pm
Quote (Monze @ Feb 13 2019 07:32am)
So would you say that if one were to open up the quest it would be better to leave that character as a "mule" to open games?

If we are talking about Elemental Education, then you have to take into consideration that everyone has completed Stop the Seven Shamans, if a person or they all haven't, they will NOT get the objective if Elemental Education spawns and is completed.

Quote (BWConformity @ Feb 13 2019 07:38am)
I believe that Paul fixed what Rex was talking about years ago by making it so that once the player who activated NMNM leaves the game, the objective is no longer enabled (even if its visually bugged for players who are still in the game as being active) which can be verified by having another person join the game and check objectives enabled after the creater has left. However, I have not had NMNM active since the season right before the rewrite (when Jowly and Formee spawned EE and we were all able to unlock NMNM for like 2 days, then the season was reset lol). I haven't had a chance to adequately test it since 2 years ago when I had Screened potted up to insane stats...

In any case, assuming things haven't changed significantly since ~2 yrs ago to this objective, I would say that leaving that character as a mule to open games would not be best, no. :P

I believe he hasn't fixed it, but, because he introduced certain requirements of completing other objectives first, it became a hindrance. For myself, Datis, Matt, Dillon and others, it was very risky for us to try and complete Elemental Education without EE padded robes and using Chain / Plate characters most of the time... especially when at that time Paul had nerfed Heal Mastery, which drastically reduced our chances even more.

I would love to test this out, but, Datis and many others that I used to frequently game with have either passed away or completely given up on this game. Also, there aren't too many remaining players on HC that would be willing to take the time to do this either.

You could test something on SC if you want to... have a mule with Shamans not completed below level 45 (say 43), that person makes game so that level 50 can enter, fill game up with level 50 characters (nobody enter the catacomb and the lead goes to the guy with Shamans). Get the person with Shamans to enter Catacomb FIRST.... check the objectives list, if it says Shamans for the level 50 guys, they enter cata, level 45 leaves and returns with his level 50 character (whether shamans is completed or not), recheck activated objectives, if shamans appear... then you can test catacomb run to see if they spawn. This may have to be done a few times... note, since the players are over level 45 and HAVEN'T completed shamans, I don't think they would get this objective if shamans do spawn.
Gold: 18,145.28
Trader: Trusted
Feb 12 2019 02:32pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 11 Feb 2019 04:37)
With that information I can adjust my previous advice a little.

1. At level one(1) complete maze objective but do not leave game.
2. Whistle to level 10.
3. Use a Rawhide or Tanned map with some Evil Presence on it.
... This will hopefully help you complete all three objectives: Pinch / Bits / Hack
4. Next game will show 3 objectives if you are in level range: Shamans / Face / Treasure Pest
... Hopefully you will complete Treasure Pest in this catacomb. I have not tested Map yet.
5. Once you have done Treasure Pest, you can make next cata or map to hunt for Sneaky.
6. Once you have done Sneaky, you can use a Map with + Evil Presence or cata to spawn Ambush.
7. Once you have done Ambush, every game from here on will have Four Corners activated.
... Unless you have completed Four Corners of course.

Complete Maze > repeat till lvl 7 for potential +gp maps from lvl 7-10 mainly bits (they will likely spawn on the very last steps) and eventually pinch > lvl 10 to hopefully 13 for hack the horde and 13/15 to 25 for pest
Afterwards you will somehow stumble across sneaky which can be killed by a friend and you will surely find ambush before 60
Feb 12 2019 03:02pm
Quote (JanMcCrank @ Feb 13 2019 09:32am)
Complete Maze > repeat till lvl 7 for potential +gp maps from lvl 7-10 mainly bits (they will likely spawn on the very last steps) and eventually pinch > lvl 10 to hopefully 13 for hack the horde and 13/15 to 25 for pest
Afterwards you will somehow stumble across sneaky which can be killed by a friend and you will surely find ambush before 60

Thanks. It is good to have different ways shown to people.
I normally do it that way, I prefer to explore for the maps at lower levels since you can find maps higher tier than your level. I also get bits by half or two thirds of a catacomb, especially if I get spun a lot.
Gold: 185,067.00
Feb 16 2019 11:15am
Bump

Does anyone have any info on Elemental Education? Like spawnrate or how to procc it?

I really wish it was possible to make group descriptions ingame :drool:
Feb 16 2019 02:43pm
Quote (Monze @ Feb 17 2019 06:15am)
Bump

Does anyone have any info on Elemental Education? Like spawnrate or how to procc it?

I really wish it was possible to make group descriptions ingame :drool:

Don't quote me on this, I believe that one is like Shamans, 3 or more players in group.
Someone will prove me wrong, and give more info to this one.

Only thing I know, use EE Robed characters here.
Feb 16 2019 02:48pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 16 Feb 2019 21:43)
Don't quote me on this, I believe that one is like Shamans, 3 or more players in group.
Someone will prove me wrong, and give more info to this one.

Only thing I know, use EE Robed characters here.

yes they are all casters right? No physical damage?

Is it hard to spawn or is it just rare because no one is going for quests? Im trying to get all of them done on one character thats why im looking for info.
Feb 16 2019 02:52pm
Quote (Monze @ Feb 17 2019 09:48am)

Is it hard to spawn or is it just rare because no one is going for quests? Im trying to get all of them done on one character thats why im looking for info.

You might get a better and accurate assessment of this objective also asking in Labby Chat.

To be honest... that is one objective I have never encountered, and when we were hunting for it, it was very elusive.
Feb 16 2019 03:04pm
2 user(s) are reading this topic: Monze, BWConformity

:hug:
I see you
Gold: 17,715.27
Feb 16 2019 03:14pm
Quote (Monze @ Feb 16 2019 11:04am)
2 user(s) are reading this topic: Monze,BWConformity

:hug:
I see you

Caught me :P

Quote (Monze @ Feb 16 2019 10:48am)

I’ve only done EE 3 times and probably hunted for it with the objective active and 3+ players in game for over 100 hours in total. All 3 times that I have spawned it, it’s been in normal catacombs; however, I have been told (and have no reason not to believe) that it can spawn on maps as well.

The monsters that spawn are analogous to shaman, but instead of being equipped with a heal charm, all 7 are equipped with attack cast charms. I have also been told that they reflect caster damage on them back to the group, but don’t know if this is even true because I have never casted at them. Since all monsters in-game either use a heal charm or an attack cast charm (but not both), they cannot heal, so can be whittled down slowly if your gear / group is not strong enough to kill them quickly.

Unfortunately, I don’t remember if they only cast or if they use both normal attacks and cast. I would guess that they can do both normal attacks and cast attacks since all monsters that I know of in the game equipped with an attack charm do both physical hits and attack casts (but of course cannot heal).

I hope this info helps!

This post was edited by BWConformity on Feb 16 2019 03:14pm
Feb 16 2019 03:27pm
Im almost ready to hunt for them. How would I go about doing it?

Atm just missing treasure pest, ambush and four corners
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll