d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Starcraft I & II > Alphastar Starcract Ai Destroys Human > Rip Humans.
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,767.00
Feb 15 2019 08:25am
Quote (Cpt_Ghost @ 12 Feb 2019 19:54)
okay im going to respond

no it isn't stupid as it adds one of the most important part of decision making in the game

I understand what you are trying to point out, but technically it doesn't make sense. limiting the AIs APM is simply a handicap that can be used to keep things interesting. it doesnt make the AI any more human

if you limit the ai to certain action per minute you are not dividing its attention or anything like that. it will continue what it did earlier, it will just have a new kind of resource it will need to learn to macro with perfectly. it will learn to spend its actions effectively and this will probably limits its potential but won't change anything otherwise (I guess its micro will be less perfect, but have no actual idea)

it'd be interesting to see a graph on how much APM the AI can be limited to until its performance starts to seriously degrade - or to see how well it can adapt to these limitations
Gold: 18.31
Feb 17 2019 01:40am
Quote (SteelMeetsSteel @ Feb 15 2019 09:25am)
I understand what you are trying to point out, but technically it doesn't make sense. limiting the AIs APM is simply a handicap that can be used to keep things interesting. it doesnt make the AI any more human

if you limit the ai to certain action per minute you are not dividing its attention or anything like that. it will continue what it did earlier, it will just have a new kind of resource it will need to learn to macro with perfectly. it will learn to spend its actions effectively and this will probably limits its potential but won't change anything otherwise (I guess its micro will be less perfect, but have no actual idea)

it'd be interesting to see a graph on how much APM the AI can be limited to until its performance starts to seriously degrade - or to see how well it can adapt to these limitations

alpha star made stalkers to counter everything it seen if you had made ton of dark templars it might have made zealots it does know the better stratey
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 18 2019 12:43am
Alphastar vsed bunch of north american and eu scrubs.

I doubt alphastar could beat stats, s0s, or parting's cannon rush lol.

Gold: 8,346.00
Mar 8 2019 05:11pm
Quote (Lonzo @ 18 Feb 2019 01:43)
Alphastar vsed bunch of north american and eu scrubs.

I doubt alphastar could beat stats, s0s, or parting's cannon rush lol.

Im on your side here,

but I don't think they could beat that Stalker micro.

The constant surround... The mental fuck up to a human of that alone idk
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2019 05:19pm
Quote (Phaggot @ Mar 8 2019 07:11pm)
Im on your side here,

but I don't think they could beat that Stalker micro.

The constant surround... The mental fuck up to a human of that alone idk

Ye no one is beating an AI stalker micro heads up.

But alphastar was F2ing against drops or small zealot groups attacking expansion.

Even when alphastar was way ahead, it kept bringing back 100 army supply group to deal with like 5 zealots. Its asking for people to cheese against alpha

This post was edited by Lonzo on Mar 8 2019 05:20pm
Mar 8 2019 05:26pm
Quote (Lonzo @ 8 Mar 2019 18:19)
Ye no one is beating an AI stalker micro heads up.

But alphastar was F2ing against drops or small zealot groups attacking expansion.

Even when alphastar was way ahead, it kept bringing back 100 army supply group to deal with like 5 zealots. Its asking for people to cheese against alpha

Maybe Flash in his Prime...

Although Flash in his prime was considered a robot, so its like Stockfish9 vs Alphastar
Gold: 48.00
Mar 9 2019 03:20pm
The parameters of AlphaStar were unrealistic such as calculating scenarios on multiple areas of the map. After the nerf, Mana managed to beat AlphaStar.
There is a certain commercial interest of having set AlphaStar with being able to calculate action offscreen.

The company is just marketising their product.

Mar 9 2019 04:51pm
Quote (Destino @ 9 Mar 2019 16:20)
The parameters of AlphaStar were unrealistic such as calculating scenarios on multiple areas of the map. After the nerf, Mana managed to beat AlphaStar.
There is a certain commercial interest of having set AlphaStar with being able to calculate action offscreen.

The company is just marketising their product.

Can you post link ^^
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll