d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile >
Poll > Is Poe Stale And Boring?
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 39.00
Feb 6 2019 04:57pm
I wonder if this game is actually going anywhere long-term.

We all know that feeling of aversion you get about 1 month into league. You don't even want to think about launching PoE anymore. Fuck, you'd rather do just about anything else.

Each league brings me back for a few weeks, max. I find some build I like and max it out. Then I realize its the same game with some sprinkles on top.

Realistically each league is 1 month of up-time and 2 months of death. This basically means PoE is playable for only 4 out of the 12 months in a year. Pathetic. The player retention is comparable to D3 seasons.

Basically, my question is how can GGG make PoE playable for 12 months a year instead of 4 at best?
Gold: 2,571.50
Feb 6 2019 05:02pm
Define long term. Game has been pumping since 2013 for me!

6 years is pretty decent so far and it has been growing. The "league brings me back for a few weeks" is the formula they aim for anyway. So it's working as intended the way I see it.

I also usually only play about 5-8 weeks per league.
Gold: 1,975.00
Feb 6 2019 05:09pm
All builds are too homogenized because there is too much power in items and more multiplier from almost all gems.

Screen-wide clears, 70 second maps, etc. So many builds can pull this off that it more or less became the threshold. Pick a skill, slap multipliers and barely even layer your defense. Zoom zoom through maps with a different color VFX.

It's not interesting anymore. I hate not engaging with monsters and their mechanics. I only ever have to deal with boss mechanics and barely do with all the DPS.
Gold: 1,444.13
Feb 6 2019 06:10pm
yes, but dont forget the game is already 6-10 years old.

sadly arpg's are a dying breed imo

largely because the ability to play with large multiplayer groups from around the world will only continue to be limited as graphics quality increases.
this is something all the idiots screaming for a d2 remake don't seem to comprehend; even if d2 was remastered into HD graphics the party play itself would decrease in quality.. we all want to be able to play with our friends all over the world for a combined effort. Not have a bunch of single player(multiplayer/online requirement) games.
POE has been pushing itself further and further into benefiting playing solo
there is next to no reason to play in a party.
Gold: 3,750.00
Feb 6 2019 06:23pm
I still enjoy it, but I'm super super casual, so forever learning, quite fun

/E though I can see why ppl are getting bored... Farm gear to farm faster to farm more gear to farm even faster

This post was edited by verynewb on Feb 6 2019 06:24pm
Gold: 691.02
Feb 6 2019 08:10pm
Games pretty bad now i quit a while ago.. its like when you were a kid and power rangers was awesome then they kept adding shit and it got out of hand and retarded
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2019 08:19pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Feb 6 2019 08:10pm)
yes, but dont forget the game is already 6-10 years old.

sadly arpg's are a dying breed imo

largely because the ability to play with large multiplayer groups from around the world will only continue to be limited as graphics quality increases.
this is something all the idiots screaming for a d2 remake don't seem to comprehend; even if d2 was remastered into HD graphics the party play itself would decrease in quality.. we all want to be able to play with our friends all over the world for a combined effort. Not have a bunch of single player(multiplayer/online requirement) games.
POE has been pushing itself further and further into benefiting playing solo
there is next to no reason to play in a party.

lmao wut
Gold: 202.99
Feb 6 2019 08:43pm
I'd call 6 years pretty long term lol

No clue how many hours I got in this game but it's definitely tied with my other most played game, dota1+2 which I quit quite a long time ago since it just kinda got boring
PoE has been getting kinda boring as well and for the same reason as dota did. It's just because I played this game for so many hours lol.

No game will hold interest forever. PoE will most likely still keep dragging me in every league launch for a few weeks to try out new skills and bosses but at some point it will be time to move on

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Feb 6 2019 08:44pm
Gold: 1,444.13
Feb 6 2019 08:50pm
Quote (Ontarian @ Feb 6 2019 10:10pm)
Games pretty bad now i quit a while ago.. its like when you were a kid and power rangers was awesome then they kept adding shit and it got out of hand and retarded

power rangers were never awesome
Gold: 1,975.00
Feb 6 2019 09:27pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ 6 Feb 2019 22:43)
I'd call 6 years pretty long term lol

No clue how many hours I got in this game but it's definitely tied with my other most played game, dota1+2 which I quit quite a long time ago since it just kinda got boring
PoE has been getting kinda boring as well and for the same reason as dota did. It's just because I played this game for so many hours lol.

No game will hold interest forever. PoE will most likely still keep dragging me in every league launch for a few weeks to try out new skills and bosses but at some point it will be time to move on

I'm gonna be honest, if there weren't so many bots on D2 or auto tp players in PvP and a more active community, I'd still be playing. No matter the amount of hours I put in.

Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll