d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Troubleshooting New Pc- No Display > System Specs In Post
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2019 04:16pm
I see a similar issue posted, but that seems to be a bit different. Don't think I have a BIOS issue. Also followed the Toms Hardware troubleshooting checklist, but that didn't help. Just checking if JSP has any ideas.

System Specs
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
EVGA 1060 6 gb gpu
ASUS B450m-a motherboard
Team T-Force Vulcan 3000mhz memory
Crucial x500 m.2 sata 500 gb SSD
Seasonic s12ii 620w PSU
Antec 302 case
think that's it

So the problem...

similar to other post, when I power on PC, fans spin, LED lights on board are on, LED on SSD is on, lights on peripherals are on... but I get no video display.

What I've tried...

I disconnected GPU and plugged monitor into mobo. Did not notice any difference.
I reset CMOS by removing battery for a few minutes. Did not notice any difference.
I tried the PSU from my other working PC to test if it was a PSU issue. Did not notice any difference.
Tried using just a single stick of the RAM and in different dimms. Did not notice any difference.

Other notes...

The RAM I bought is not on the QVL list. The list has other RAM of this brand and other RAM of this voltage and frequency, but not this specific model.
My mobo does not have a built in speaker for beep codes and I don't seem to see any LEDs that would serve specifically as indicators.

Any thoughts JSP?

This post was edited by chemoshots on Feb 6 2019 04:17pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Feb 6 2019 04:44pm
Remove cpu check cpu socket.
Aside from that ur going to have to swap out parts to figure out what to rma
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2019 05:36pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Feb 6 2019 10:44pm)
Remove cpu check cpu socket.
Aside from that ur going to have to swap out parts to figure out what to rma

Oh, thanks, I forgot to mention that I did that. I removed the HSF and cpu to check pins. Looked normal to me. Reapplied thermal paste and re-seated CPU.

I will likely try to find a PC shop in town tomorrow. I don't have another AM4 board or RAM to swap in to check those parts so I guess I need to find a shop that does. Places charge a stupid amount of money to dink around with your parts for an hour though :/
Gold: 18,352.00
Feb 6 2019 05:42pm
Quote (chemoshots @ Feb 6 2019 06:36pm)
Oh, thanks, I forgot to mention that I did that. I removed the HSF and cpu to check pins. Looked normal to me. Reapplied thermal paste and re-seated CPU.

I will likely try to find a PC shop in town tomorrow. I don't have another AM4 board or RAM to swap in to check those parts so I guess I need to find a shop that does. Places charge a stupid amount of money to dink around with your parts for an hour though :/

Called overhead.
Plus people generally value their time.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll