d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Fitness Beginners
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2019 08:54pm
Quote (hoipolloi @ Feb 8 2019 02:42am)
still waitin for someone to explain to me how jacking your heart rate up for short intervals 12 15 20 times a day depending on your sets and 5 or more days a week is not cardio training

WALKING with hundreds of pounds on your back in the form of a yoke isn't cardio these guys r beginners

why do weightlifters with reasonable bf levels have good blood pressure and heart rates? ofc the 300 lb steroid heads are gonna have a heart attack. normal people who lift weights consistently and frequently have extremely good biomarkers relating to disease and poor health and they have low resting heart rates and good blood pressure that's a fact. how does the heart rate lower if its not cardio training? cuz it is

weight lifting is essentially HIIT, which is the best form of cardio known to man for health

They both have obvious benefits, but they're two completely different exercises....

Aerobic state is only achievable in the presence of sufficient concentrations of oxygen.. Anaerobic state doesn't require oxygen to proceed due to the use of other sources of energy.

So oxygen can play a pretty important role in some pathways of exercise and literally have little to no effect on others.. An example of this is a set of 5 reps at 90% of your 1rm isn't going to require large amounts of oxygen to accomplish, rather it's going to burn your glycogen stores.. VS running a 5k requires a large amount of oxygen.

I think that's the answer you're looking for? Idk, I can't really tell based on your hodgepodge post..

E: that's a super dumbed down version of it.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Feb 7 2019 08:56pm
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Feb 7 2019 09:02pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 7 2019 09:54pm)
They both have obvious benefits, but they're two completely different exercises....

Aerobic state is only achievable in the presence of sufficient concentrations of oxygen.. Anaerobic state doesn't require oxygen to proceed due to the use of other sources of energy.

So oxygen can play a pretty important role in some pathways of exercise and literally have little to no effect on others.. An example of this is a set of 5 reps at 90% of your 1rm isn't going to require large amounts of oxygen to accomplish, rather it's going to burn your glycogen stores.. VS running a 5k requires a large amount of oxygen.

I think that's the answer you're looking for? Idk, I can't really tell based on your hodgepodge post..

E: that's a super dumbed down version of it.

evan centopani said he walks on the treadmill in the morning so he isn't limited in his weightligting session by his cardio. tell me it makes sense
Gold: 258.00
Feb 19 2019 08:25am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Feb 7 2019 07:02pm)
evan centopani said he walks on the treadmill in the morning so he isn't limited in his weightligting session by his cardio. tell me it makes sense

he means in terms of time. some BB workouts are fucking hours long. I mean shit if you arent in the gym for atleast an hour and a half not including any type of conditioning what the fuck have you been doing? warm ups take time. main movements take time. rest periods. MSM or secondaries take time. rest periods. then comes the single joint accessories. Some superset, some dont. sounds to me like you need to train harder to truly understand.
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Feb 19 2019 01:09pm
Quote (youngemerican009 @ Feb 19 2019 09:25am)
he means in terms of time. some BB workouts are fucking hours long. I mean shit if you arent in the gym for atleast an hour and a half not including any type of conditioning what the fuck have you been doing? warm ups take time. main movements take time. rest periods. MSM or secondaries take time. rest periods. then comes the single joint accessories. Some superset, some dont. sounds to me like you need to train harder to truly understand.

How is walking on a treadmill going to help you with short episodes of intense effort followed by complete rest , for hours at a time? Sounds to me like you're a moron who has zero idea what it's talking about
Gold: 6.66
Feb 19 2019 04:39pm
What's the point of this post?
Gold: 3.00
Feb 19 2019 05:02pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (hoipolloi @ Feb 19 2019 12:09pm)
How is walking on a treadmill going to help you with short episodes of intense effort followed by complete rest , for hours at a time? Sounds to me like you're a moron who has zero idea what it's talking about

This kid is absolutely autistic holy smokes
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll