d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Iso Anime > Dubbed
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2019 04:10pm
Quote (Rawrs_R_US @ Feb 5 2019 04:59pm)
I did not get past the first season of jojo's, the animation style and just the way the main character carrys himself didn't do it for me. I was watching helsing ultimate I think the reason I didn't enjoy it is because it's slow, as I said before I watch as I play video games and you seem to have to pay attention to it more than I was willing to in order to fully enjoy it. Watched berserk and it was alright at first but took a huge left turn and just lost my interest. Seen some of MHA and it's good but I can't understand why so many people think it's the best. I dont dislike it, but it wouldn't be in my top. "Black clover" and "claymore" seem to keep popping up I'll have to check those two out thanks.

Yeah people die in the first episodes but the combat aspect takes very little air time, then its back to dialogue, kinda similar to how I felt about ghost in a shell, they spend more time trying to explain what's happening than just letting it happen I feel. Thanks for the suggestions tho I'll let you know what I think

This post was edited by Rawrs_R_US on Feb 5 2019 04:10pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 5 2019 06:31pm
Quote (Rawrs_R_US @ Feb 4 2019 08:46pm)
I know I'll get alot of hate for only watching dubbed anime but I'm playing games as I watch and dont focus enough to read it all. Here's some animes I like/dislike for reference.

Favorites:
Bleach
F.M.A. brotherhood
One piece
Hunter x hunter
The devil is a part timer
Shimoneta
Fairytale
7 deadly sins
Death note
Yu yu hakusho
Rurouni kenshin

Dislikes:

Jojo's bizarre adventures
Attack on titian
Baki
Helsing

Open to suggestions, that's not all the animes I've seen but that's what popped into my head first.

Gold: 4,021.96
Feb 5 2019 07:41pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 5 2019 02:18pm)

I'll never understand this stance. Back in the late 80s/90s, is when they changed the content of shows/movies far too often when dubbing, thus changing the narrative or a character's portrayal and starting the whole "Omg, if you don't want sub, you don't know anything about anime." bullshit. Plenty of dubs are superior to their subbed counterparts from a writing standpoint, you may dislike the voice actors, but that doesn't mean dubs are all bad.

Dubs back then were ok
The voice actors now are horrible and don't match the feel at all.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 5 2019 07:47pm
Quote (Applecrack @ Feb 5 2019 06:41pm)
Dubs back then were ok
The voice actors now are horrible and don't match the feel at all.

Depends on the show I suppose. I personally believe voice acting has gotten substantially better in the past decade and with the writing being significantly better in many English dubs versus their subbed counter parts, I enjoy both equally.
Gold: 4.00
Warn: 70%
Feb 10 2019 10:07am
Bleach
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll