d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > When Does/was The Last Reset? > Was Thinkin About Giving It A Shot
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 4 2019 04:40pm
Have just been laid off, so I have hella free time. Was just wondering when the last reset was, or if one is due soon, as I have been wanting to try out LS for a while, but am yet to give it an honest shot.
Looks like a decent fun little way to pass time and maybe make a couple fg while im at it.

Any info is appreciated, just looking over the beginners guides now, from what i remembered i spent alot of time dead last time i did try it briefly. lol.

Gold: 14,460.88
Feb 4 2019 06:05pm
the reset should make no difference to when you start. This isnt diablo where everything "disappears" from the ladder. Each reset just puts everyone at level 1 on the first class and we all keep our items.
However to answer the question, There are currently 4 active alchemists which suggests reset is close, i would be highly surprised if it was any later than the end of February.
I would guess 6-10 attempts are made daily and each has 1/720 chance of success.

Looking to make a proper beginners guide soonish.

The basic is to start with a fighter.
First 10 points throw into strength.
Purchase a tier III weapon with 30+ enhanced effect (ee for short)
Purchase a scale/leather/chain/plate (plate/chain is better) with 10+ strength.
purchase a charm with 10+ strength.

This is your level 0 equipment and will easily take you to level 10.
Repeat process
Purchase a level 10 (tier V) weapon with 30+ enhanced effect (ee for short)
Purchase a level 10 (tier V)scale/leather/chain/plate (plate/chain is better) with 30+ee
can look again for strength charms, if there's something with a good 5 strength higher for 1 fg, it's probably worth picking up.

This can take you to level 20, you may also want to buy a new weapon at level 15.
Also, make a second character and any item you purchased and replaced (like the first 3 items) put on the mule. When you hit level 71, you will be sent back to level 1, this is the entire mechanic of the game. If you've kept your equipment then you dont need to rebuy everything.
to give you an idea, this is my axe set: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=193561&p=200687
this is my armor set: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=193561&p=517481
and i literally use 3 charms. 15 dex level 0, 32 dex at level 20, and 40 dex at level 55. This gives you a decent idea of how often you need to replace the equipment. (my charms are dex, as i'm using daggers, which have a dex ratio, as a fighter you will be using swords/clubs mostly, which gain more damage from strength: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=3

In terms of abilities, Get power strike till it reaches "77", you literally do not need any other ability other than power strike until level 30. this is because only 2 mobs spawn on your first climb, so getting anything which hits rows/columns is generally weak. After that, i'd suggest retribution or knockdown or bottoms up. all have their good and bad points.
For stats, as i said, first 10 into strength simply because the first 10 levels should be a walkover if you've followed my advice on items to buy. After this, put all points into vitality until you hit 75. Then after that points back into strength. at level 55+ you can make a decision whether you want more vita or more strength. I personally use 80, although i know a few people like to have 90-95 on new characters.

Ideally focus on swords/clubs as they both benefit from strength more than axes.

That pretty much covers what items to buy to have a reasonably fast killing speed and survival rate.

for item drops, not a lot right now as the buyer for t3's isn't buying regularly, so would suggest this right now:

Next thing is possibly even items to look out for, you noticed the wells and how they can be used, well, if you don't use them you can just sell those items, here's a rough price breakdown:
vl 20 1 fg
lvl 25 ~1-2 fg
lvl 30 3-5 fg
lvl 35 ~5-8 fg
lvl 40 ~10-15 fg
lvl 45 ~ 19 fg
lvl 50 ~ 30 fg
lvl 55 ~ 65 fg

https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220814823&c=0 (no stats lvl 50 for 39 fg)
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220814682&c=0 (no stats lvl 55 for 60 fg)

You also probably noticed me telling you that "IX" or level 30 items with stats are worth 1 fg each.
here's a few examples:
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220956647&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220956614&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220953453&c=0

they will not pay any more than 1 fg, even if they have 6 stats or more.

That's currently it in terms of "non useful" items you will find.

In terms of items people use there's the following stats:
Enhanced effect (ee)
Strength (str)
Dexterity (dex)
Magic Luck (ML)
Intelligence (Int)
Heal Mastery (HM) needs to be 40% or higher
Extra Equipment Slots (EES) needs to be 3 or higher, although 2 slots will sometimes sell for 1 fg.

Keep any maps which have a high number of anything, or have 6+ stats, i can double check the price on them. although it's unlikely you will complete a map at lvl 30 or higher (when you explore the entire area, a map will drop), the area to explore gets larger as you level, so the chances of finishing a map decreases drastically at lvl 30 onwards.
here's an evil presence map, this is the most likely type you'll find which is worth anything: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220910634&c=0

If you can find a "+1 well" map, i'm sure you'll get the idea what that's for :P
Worth about 30-50 fg per qty.

you're unlikely to come across too many rods, the ones with no stats are worthless. they usually need +20 durability to have any value
There's about a 0.0001% chance to come across a totem, if you find one, pick it up :P
there's a 0.001% chance of finding a potion, again pick it up ^^

and that covers how to make fg :D

any questions, feel free to ask.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 4 2019 06:24pm
Thank you! I started a rogue today and am only level 3 currently, but have already done a ton of stuff that is off course from what you are telling me to do. So I am going to remake a char once im done messing around with other stuff tonight, and reroll, and use the first char as a mule for now.
Looking forward to getting into it!
I have already found one evil presence map, so I am off to a good start :P

As for the wells, I was only able to fish out of the one I have come across so far, are there differences in wells I find? or do I just fish them for items?
Feb 4 2019 07:37pm
Quote (Plixie @ Feb 5 2019 12:24am)
Thank you! I started a rogue today and am only level 3 currently, but have already done a ton of stuff that is off course from what you are telling me to do. So I am going to remake a char once im done messing around with other stuff tonight, and reroll, and use the first char as a mule for now.
Looking forward to getting into it!
I have already found one evil presence map, so I am off to a good start :P

As for the wells, I was only able to fish out of the one I have come across so far, are there differences in wells I find? or do I just fish them for items?

the wells are the reason the items with no stats have value. you can put them into the well and fight a reasonable tough mob and receive that item with some mods on it, better than an average drop (like killing mephisto, whilst 99% is junk there's still a higher chance of getting something than from a zombie). There are also side drops, just like mephisto the well mob doesnt just drop 1 item either! :P
Several players may donate some fg if you find wells for them. BWconformity is often after one, i might use one, inspector_gadget also might pay. Depends what time you find them and who is online ;)
if you dont mind giving it away free, can post up here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79572515&f=274&o=180 someone may donate, especially if they get them regularly.
Otherwise try the trading, make a topic saying you've found a well suggested price would be 5 fg. https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=273
an example: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80578911&f=273 it is unusual to find 2 especially with a small distance between as i had in that game.
In terms of how to give it away, you will need to go into the map and stand on the well (ideally do NOT complete the map, otherwise the person who buys the well cannot go back to town), then create a group with level requirements of 99 to let anyone in, then when they join, you should leave.

Rogue is also a possibility as it uses all the weapon classes. Most importantly it can use staffs which are the cheapest weapon. Wynx had some success using one and completed multiple MQ's with one using staffs and medium armours to tank (scale/leather).
However, the abilities for rogue are terrible (backstab is the only one with any use)
as an example this is Wynx's level 55 weapon: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=3396186&c=0
clubs are also reasonably cheap: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=3974217&c=0
by comparison, swords/axes usually are not.
a 100ee dagger costing more than both club + staff added together https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1208875163&c=0
a 100 ee axe costing similar: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=4801917&c=0

For a rogue i would suggest abilities of getting 3 points (27%) in powerstrike then getting backstab up to ~62 then putting more into powerstrike again.

unfortunately for your evil presence map, you will need more like +8 EP's or +5 with a higher level requirement for it to have value.
Gold: 8,891.73
Feb 4 2019 07:39pm
This link is pretty good, I don't see his video though: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57524636&f=74

Personally, even though you play softcore, you should try to stay alive so you do NOT lose proficiency points,
The following guide is a bit old, but it gives pointers on both Solo / Group play either Hardcore or Softcore.
Note: Heal Mastery is not as useful as it was. To gain best benefits, you have the same range of HM to Int Ratio.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=63379007&f=74

Hope these help.

Feb 4 2019 08:07pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 5 2019 01:39am)
This link is pretty good, I don't see his video though: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57524636&f=74

Personally, even though you play softcore, you should try to stay alive so you do NOT lose proficiency points,
The following guide is a bit old, but it gives pointers on both Solo / Group play either Hardcore or Softcore.
Note: Heal Mastery is not as useful as it was. To gain best benefits, you have the same range of HM to Int Ratio.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=63379007&f=74

Hope these help.

First guide is somewhat decent. It's just a bit broad, most of that you'll figure out when playing.

In terms of your guide
You're suggesting axe/daggers and swords/staffs. Whilst i know exactly what you mean and it's good advice, it's no help to a beginner just starting.
It's also suggesting "best" armor is robes, again i know what you're trying to say, just very likely to get beginners confused.
It's a great guide for someone whos done their first MQ though.

As i said, i've suggested fighter using swords/clubs. chain/plate armors and str charms
or rogue with staffs/daggers (usually staffs as daggers are generally expensive) with scale/leather armours and dex charms.
both of which going ~75 points into vita then putting rest of the points into the same stat as the charm.

One last note: do not expect much group play, the majority of new players will solo until level 55+ or join inefficient groups due to lack of decent healers. It's usually not worth making the healer either as the groups are few and far between with current playerbase.
Feb 4 2019 08:33pm
Quote (mclarke @ Feb 5 2019 03:07pm)
First guide is somewhat decent. It's just a bit broad, most of that you'll figure out when playing.

In terms of your guide
You're suggesting axe/daggers and swords/staffs. Whilst i know exactly what you mean and it's good advice, it's no help to a beginner just starting.
It's also suggesting "best" armor is robes, again i know what you're trying to say, just very likely to get beginners confused.
It's a great guide for someone whos done their first MQ though.

As i said, i've suggested fighter using swords/clubs. chain/plate armors and str charms
or rogue with staffs/daggers (usually staffs as daggers are generally expensive) with scale/leather armours and dex charms.
both of which going ~75 points into vita then putting rest of the points into the same stat as the charm.

One last note: do not expect much group play, the majority of new players will solo until level 55+ or join inefficient groups due to lack of decent healers. It's usually not worth making the healer either as the groups are few and far between with current playerbase.

I think you skimmed through my thread.

It is more in-depth compared to many, it has what is Versatile / Best / Most Common and what each class only use.
He needs to read the Solo section of melee / tank and also work out what is best for him, also, Knockdown / Bottomsup are not good abilities
for a beginner to use. Retribution / Powerstrike or Salvation (Salvation is only used if a person wants to also heal themselves in the run)
are the best to use, 1. They won't have decent EE armor, so Retribution / Salvation charges up faster. 2. Powerstrike is the secondary
ability because it charges up with each attack, so in retrospect when vs 2+ monsters, it charges up half the time Retribution does (unless
one of the monsters are healing the other)

Since we can purchase white items, and as you pointed out that he can buy 1fg shrines, he is best to buy items by Tier.
TierIII / TierIV / TierVI / TierVIII / TierX / TierXII / TierXIV = once at level 5, you buy 10 levels above to MQ.
Look for certain mods on the junk shrine items, like small amount of EE / Stat / LpA / LpK / LSteal / AP / QD...
even though in small quantities, a combined amount can be achieved by the 3 items... if each item has +1 - 3 Life per Attack,
that is basically a chance of 3-9 LpA and so forth.

But again, he needs to gain some experience with how he wants to play the game, during that time, he can use your advice
and other ideas pointed out in SCXiao guide and my Thread.

Wish him well, there are many items on SC for him to get cheap too.

EDIT:

Also... read a bit more clearly;

Weapon Choice:
This is one of those areas where it is really dependent on you and other factors like funds, SO, I am just going to state what I believe to be the best to use based on optimum versatility (basically 3 sets of weapons)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 4 2019 08:42pm
Feb 4 2019 08:59pm
You're correct, I did skim through it, but if a new player read that, it's bound to throw them off course rather than help them. I pointed out two times where near the top which is most likely to get read and it took me a minute to figure out what the heck you were on about. As i said, i simply would not recommend posting that guide to someone whos just started.

Oddly enough, decent EE armor is something in reasonable supply. I've found lots of it recently and there's several pieces on the MP at reasonable prices. There's also tonnes of peoples for trade mules.

In terms of using "shrinables" as actual equipment, this is fine till about level 35. At this point you really need actual equipment. Not sure the last time you attempted to climb with subpar gear, but it takes an age.
Although there's so much level 1-30 equipment available, that getting 30 ee+ for 1 fg is common.

Anyway, we're not here to argue, we're here to help so that's the last of it from me in regards to replying to you, as you have a habit of arguing your case excessively.
Gold: 55,387.14
Feb 4 2019 09:25pm
As somewhat of a beginner I have to side with mcclarke and say that most of his advice is sound. Personally I prefer clubs as a starting weapon set just because they are typically cheaper. Also note, that in the beginning, you can use different weapons as you lvl up (example is I began with a lvl IV club that had 50 ee but when I hit lvl V I used a 62 ee sword, etc). Full sets are not really necessary unless you plan to do multiple master quests in which sets make it easier to increase/use the proficiencies.

Also, another advice to make fg is to pay attention to the market. It is very much like the stock exchange where items change price daily. For example, on the weekend I can usually find lvl 25 white (items with no stats) for 1 fg but come Wednesday they sell for 2-4 fg. Prices seem to also drop a lot during the holidays (supply vs demand)

Edit: also forgot to add that you can also make fg by selling your guild points to certain clans.

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Feb 4 2019 09:27pm
Feb 4 2019 10:31pm
Quote (Plixie @ Feb 5 2019 11:40am)
Rogue ...

The Rogue has higher Dexterity than Strength, you are better off using Dagger / Axe / Staff or Spear with enhanced effect.
Once you reach Samurai, again you have higher Dexterity, but, only have access to Dagger / Sword.
Once you reach Paladin, higher strength than Dexterity, no access to dagger... but Swords.
This is the main reason why people suggest Sword, it can be used by Fighter (feeder) / Samurai and Paladin.
People will also say that Dagger + Axe is the ideal sets to invest in based on the same reason, Paladin can use Axe.
Monk + Ninja = Dagger ... thus again highly sought after.
Warlock... now this character only uses Staff, at most, people go with + Int because it is the best caster out...
BUT... Enhanced Effect works also, you would be Melee / Healer in group, people or solo
Headhunter uses Axe

So you can see the pattern... yes for the first 3 classes you can opt for Sword, they are cheaper than daggers / axes... but as McClarke pointed out, you can just get some crappy 1fg Dagger / Axes up to level 25 and then get some swords higher tier because they are cheap. [Note: also pointed out by Cartrack to use different weapons at different levels... what ever one is better] ... EDIT: you will undoubtedly find lower Tier swords TierIII-TierVII on your first run.

Make more mules so you can transfer your items over to them using the Marketplace (it is free to xfer)

Quote (mclarke @ Feb 5 2019 03:59pm)
You're correct, I did skim through it, but if a new player read that, it's bound to throw them off course rather than help them. I pointed out two times where near the top which is most likely to get read and it took me a minute to figure out what the heck you were on about. As i said, i simply would not recommend posting that guide to someone whos just started.

Oddly enough, decent EE armor is something in reasonable supply. I've found lots of it recently and there's several pieces on the MP at reasonable prices. There's also tonnes of peoples for trade mules.

In terms of using "shrinables" as actual equipment, this is fine till about level 35. At this point you really need actual equipment. Not sure the last time you attempted to climb with subpar gear, but it takes an age.
Although there's so much level 1-30 equipment available, that getting 30 ee+ for 1 fg is common.

Anyway, we're not here to argue, we're here to help so that's the last of it from me in regards to replying to you, as you have a habit of arguing your case excessively.

True. Also, most people take my remarks as an argument, even when I post questions or imply "but you can also do this or that and so forth".

As a guide, you can only advise about what one can do, and more than most, point out the best options, the reader (if genuine to learn more of the game) can question things
they do not understand, it would be answered by the person that wrote the guide, or someone else that understands it.

Pointing out your game thoughts because you skimmed through it is not advice to the person wanting to learn, it implies that my advice is incorrect because you assume that
the reader won't comprehend my post, or give them a chance to question... a GUIDE is just that, it only gives a person guidance in what they can do and what is best available,
and if they don't have access to those things, they ask a different question and someone will respond, and if more than one(1) person responding with different advice, it is
good advice because the person can have more choices to look at.

When you write your guide, take those things in to the equation. It is good that some people want to write a guide about this game still, good luck with that.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 4 2019 10:41pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll