d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > D2 Free/giveaway Options
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 87,762.79
Jan 29 2019 12:07pm
it has been suggested before, but from searching through old posts, it has been a while, hasn't been re-suggested since since certain changes have been made (no longer my events, Christmas sticky's are gone again, etc.), or not all these suggested solutions were in them...

I suggest allowing or creating a new topic class (besides current ft, iso, service, make "free") and limit the number of replies and lengthening bump times to help prevent/reduce spam that may follow in it.

as it currently stands the only way for people to give items away to the public on here during the non holiday season is to make a post where almost no one ever looks or sees it (and where people can also spam with fake games, useless spam/comments) https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79413494&f=21 . most people who could actually use the quality of items being given away never leave the trade forums, and the ones who do are often the people who do not need the free items being given away, thus resulting in it taking hours to days to post, sit in game and wait for someone to show up. a lot of people currently make single topics with altered topic names (different but understandable versions of free spelled out) and risk getting punished because it is so much faster and easier. yes these posts can cause spam and some people will abuse these topics as ways to get +1 and increase their post count. to prevent this, the number of responses can be limited, or it can auto close so no one can post/spam in it but keep it on the trade threads (just grayed out) so people can still see where they can get the items, or if possible let the creator of the thread close it when it is done. allowing the topics may cause a bit of spam or flooding the other trade topics, but if they just get posted then drift back through the pages and can't get bumped they will just fade away. the few numbers of these threads would not flood, distract and do much harm to the current trade threads. it would allow people trying to give items away to do so in a timely manner. during Christmas time, their is the giveaway sticky that requires people to pm a staff member who then in turn re-posts almost exactly what was pmd to them. this is a round about way that takes up staff members' time (having to read, and reply to the giveaway messages). if people are worried there will be too many "free" posts/threads, set a bump timer of 8/12/24hrs on it (people could simply bump their thread with new game info for more free items after the bump timer allows). most often people trying to give free items away aren't looking to cause trouble, they're just trying to help others who could use a hand (similar to people who offer free services).

there have been many suggestions to make giving items away easier and allowed, there are may different opinions, and my suggestions may not be any different or useful in your opinion. please vote and add any true suggestions/support/arguments/critiques if have them
Gold: 9,025.34
Jan 29 2019 12:26pm
4th option, yes!
Gold: 2,191.60
Warn: 10%
Jan 29 2019 12:39pm
When it becomes more known that the Giveaway thread exists ( https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79413494&f=21 ) more people are gonna track and get notifications when someone posts in it, so i think this will work very well, even better maybe than allowing to post in the trade sections after some time.

This post was edited by TidsL on Jan 29 2019 12:40pm
Gold: 87,762.79
Jan 29 2019 01:17pm
Quote (TidsL @ Jan 29 2019 11:39am)
When it becomes more known that the Giveaway thread exists ( https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79413494&f=21 ) more people are gonna track and get notifications when someone posts in it, so i think this will work very well, even better maybe than allowing to post in the trade sections after some time.

agreed if enough people know and follow it, but could take ages. at same time because it doesn't separate realms/hc/sc people may complain it notifys them too often when not applicable
Gold: 140,927.40
Feb 10 2019 06:29am
I think "Giving away free items" is a Fine Service.
You wont get any better Service than Free start-up-items!

And so, I think it should be allowed in trading grounds.
Maybe even put up another Section Only for Free items (To prevent trading grounds being spammed down by freebies).
There are always someone looking to give away items for free, and there will always be people who accept free items.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll