d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Black Panther Nominated For Best Picture Oscar
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2019 05:34pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Mar 4 2019 12:28am)
Honestly were they trying to do that?

Because the entire message of the movie is basically no matter how advanced black people become, they will still be tribal savages.

I don't get people touting this as some great 'black' movie.

What about Amistad, 12 Years A Slave or even Roots?

Admittedly, I've only seen small titbits of Black Panther, but it looked subpar even for a Marvel movie.

I don't get it.
Gold: 10,025.00
Mar 3 2019 06:04pm
Quote (BrendanSchaub @ Mar 3 2019 04:34pm)
I don't get people touting this as some great 'black' movie.

What about Amistad, 12 Years A Slave or even Roots?

Admittedly, I've only seen small titbits of Black Panther, but it looked subpar even for a Marvel movie.

I don't get it.

If you're asking me, you're asking the wrong person. I think this was easily the worst Marvel movie, also it's like super racist.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 3 2019 09:16pm
Heard a radio personality going off about how utterly ridiculous it was that Black Panther didn't win. It's fucking hilarious to me, that some people are actually this stupid. I don't think it was a super bad movie or anything, but it was super mediocre at best. The acting was shit, the story was bland and even the climax was dull as shit. The visuals were at times cool, but they were nothing special either lol. This fucking so anti-racist that you're giving every *black* thing/person/place more credit than deserved, is one of the dumbest fucking things ever. Not as dumb as racism to begin with, but ya get what I'm saying.
Gold: 1,131.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 3 2019 10:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 3 2019 10:16pm)
Heard a radio personality going off about how utterly ridiculous it was that Black Panther didn't win. It's fucking hilarious to me, that some people are actually this stupid. I don't think it was a super bad movie or anything, but it was super mediocre at best. The acting was shit, the story was bland and even the climax was dull as shit. The visuals were at times cool, but they were nothing special either lol. This fucking so anti-racist that you're giving every *black* thing/person/place more credit than deserved, is one of the dumbest fucking things ever. Not as dumb as racism to begin with, but ya get what I'm saying.

Tell us how you really feel
Gold: 25.20
Mar 3 2019 11:56pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 3 2019 09:16pm)

The movie itself was racist though. The plot was that the one guy wanted to arm all the black people in the world
Gold: 10,025.00
Mar 4 2019 12:56am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 3 2019 08:16pm)

I remember like a week before I saw black Panther there was this scandal with some clothing company because a black kid modeling their clothes was wearing a hoodie with a monkey on it. People lost their fucking shit, literally the most racist company ever.

Then like I saw this movie and it has people dressed as fucking gorillas making grunting/ape sounds, somehow it's a paragon of black culture.

Like either monkey symbolism is racist or it fucking isn't, you can't pick and choose.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

This post was edited by Blah58 on Mar 4 2019 12:56am
Gold: 246.00
Mar 4 2019 03:03am
Quote (Blah58 @ Mar 3 2019 05:28pm)
Honestly were they trying to do that?

Because the entire message of the movie is basically no matter how advanced black people become, they will still be tribal savages.

that was just the irony they werent going for lol
Gold: 8,578.63
Mar 4 2019 09:29pm
Not worth the nominees.

The movie was basically introduced to be included in the "Infinity Gems" or war or whatever, it isn't like the comics at all, the writer got everything screwed up, and as for the Racist shit, damn, it happens in all cultures... there is always a racist or religious entity... it is the norm, people should just get over it.

Noticed some comments on Wonder Woman and something about men being evil etc... that is just the Amazon belief, they are a bunch of women led by one that was scorned centuries ago and made it into their cultural belief, as for Aries, he has battled them many times before, thus, Wonder Woman herself is the true Weapon of destruction vs Aries, but, if she fell into the world of man, she could be easily manipulated to being evil... but there are a shit load of things people did not see in that movie.

Off topic, one of the best movies I like other than Roots... The Power of One, better than Black Panther even though it is an old movie. No, no real action other than boxing.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll